[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

When trying to load your craft file ksp says invalid part . Missing libra structure A

Looks like you're using an out of date craft file (I'll check the links).

But, that part no longer exists.

Solar panels:

From left-right: Mir Core, FGB, Spektr and Soyuz

The FGB and Spektr might be a little too large (Currently 0.8 scale of MIR Core) and will be shrunk a little more.

9fef0b8d26.jpg

When trying to load your craft file ksp says invalid part . Missing libra structure A

Which .craft files? The ones I made are very much broken at the moment. I've been slowly updating all the .crafts over this week.

I was gathering through some orthographic drawings and, well I have made a slight error with deep impacts all over.

It seems the Soyuz docking port should really be a 0.9375 part, Same goes for TKS and Salyut ports.

Well, I'm sure you can figure out ramifications overall. :sealed:

So!

Here's what is going to happen, when I have free time (June).

• Alternate Soyuz & Progress OM with 0.9375m top.
  • Set of 0.9375m docking ports.
  • Better scaled docking hub with 0.9375m nodes

This will allow people to create closer replicas and craft that better fit the profiles of the real crafts, while keeping the "classically" scaled parts.

After my thesis is done and bound, I'll be able to sit down and get a lot of the small parts that have been half-forgotten or put to the side, no worries. And IVAs. :)

Many thanks chaps!

My work tonight: creating the two types of Solar panels found on the FGB modules (See Spektr).

http://historicspacecraft.com/Diagrams/S/Mir_Station_RK2012_1200x700.jpg

You have officially made my week. You're the best. :) If I figure out how to make TweakScale configs for things later tonight, I'll post results.

Solar panels:

From left-right: Mir Core, FGB, Spektr and Soyuz

Speaking of...is it worth dropping the tech required for the non-tracking Soyuz panel down a tier? I get sad looking at Soyuz's with the thin stock panels or the hull mounts while I'm waiting to unlock the panels in career

You have officially made my week. You're the best. :) If I figure out how to make TweakScale configs for things later tonight, I'll post results.

Glad to hear! :)

"Peanut" launch.

Took the Proton for a walk, not quite as overpowered in new Aero as I feared, with a 12-ton FGB vehicle, broke into the third stage fuel.

7ec1ae0f1f.jpg

Main purpose is to test the new panels in space! Thankfully passed this test with grade A.

8c8ca36988.jpg

7ab46c52e7.jpg

Speaking of...is it worth dropping the tech required for the non-tracking Soyuz panel down a tier? I get sad looking at Soyuz's with the thin stock panels or the hull mounts while I'm waiting to unlock the panels in career

Seems quite reasonable, sure. :)

Edit: done.

Edited by Beale

Not relate to this thread but can someone give me a advice. Should I use this or FASA pack. I'm used both in 0.25 but since 1.0 no longer support 64bit so I guess I can only use one because memory limit. What pack cost more ram?

It's the craft files from post # 4861

Ask tg626 via PM about dependencies. It's likely dependent on the old LK module.

Not relate to this thread but can someone give me a advice. Should I use this or FASA pack. I'm used both in 0.25 but since 1.0 no longer support 64bit so I guess I can only use one because memory limit. What pack cost more ram?

Comparing the two packs is an apples and oranges situations. FASA is ultra-realistic, and very resource heavy. Tantares has a much narrower focus than FASA, and maintains a stock alike feel. Tantares is MUCH easier on your computer. Many parts are RAM free with respects to the pack as lots of things share textures.

Edited by curtquarquesso

Loving the new panels! Thanks for your hard work. (And I know what you mean on time: June can't come fast enough ><)

Thanks!

FASA is larger, but also offers more historically accurate and detailed parts.

Main difference is it's largely US versus Tanta largely Soviet.

Random thought. New looping animation module allow prop-m :)

Your new solar panels are pretty and are welcome :) I am repeating myself everytime you share us pictures of your in dev- work, but it's really great ! :) I suggest you to curve the nearest part of the panels from the station, just like in your mir configuration picture, just to break design with other panels that all have 90° angles.

While you're working on solar panels, how feasible is it to get the Soyuz solar panels to stow and deploy like the real ones?

Start 10m9s for mobile. On many vessels, the solar panels tend to jut out quite a bit from the craft, which makes the payload fairings needlessly large sometimes. Have you played around with trying to get them to wrap around the craft a bit more when stowed like their IRL counterparts?

Random think. looping animation could prop-m
prop-m

By god....

Also them solar panels..

Edited by gooddog15

Your new solar panels are pretty and are welcome :) I am repeating myself everytime you share us pictures of your in dev- work, but it's really great ! :) I suggest you to curve the nearest part of the panels from the station, just like in your mir configuration picture, just to break design with other panels that all have 90° angles.

No worries, always nice to hear people like things.

It may take some UV re-jigging, but sure, is quite important for aesthetics.

While you're working on solar panels, how feasible is it to get the Soyuz solar panels to stow and deploy like the real ones? https://youtu.be/AVvgpKt5uCA?t=10m9s Start 10m9s for mobile. On many vessels, the solar panels tend to jut out quite a bit from the craft, which makes the payload fairings needlessly large sometimes. Have you played around with trying to get them to wrap around the craft a bit more when stowed like their IRL counterparts?

It would be pretty darn trivial to make them stow and unfold like this.

My thought is, in the "IRL" form, you cannot see the solar panel base anchor point, make difficult to place accurately in VAB.

Also more difficult to tell which side is which.

Thoughts?

By god....

Also them solar panels..

Hehe!

Thanks. ☺

Is the lack of a generator module on the Far Shot intentional or an oversight?

- - - Updated - - -

Try using both. KSP 1.0 with DDS textures is much more RAM friendly now.

There's a stock fuel cell now. Just plug it onto the Far Shot's hull. Power generation and an extra greeble, all in one. :)

What's this, two Soyuz docked? 0mxiftu.jpg No big deal right?

??!?!?? K5SDaC4.jpg

Bet you didn't know the Soyuz came in that size, did you? That's right. A 1.875m Soyuz, with a .9375m docking port. I'm figuring out TweakScale configs, slowly but surely. As soon as I finish some more parts, I'll let you guys look over the new TweakScale patch file if Beale approves. Niemand, you're pretty good at configs, right? Can I send this file to you at some point and have you review it?

Bonus shot with Valentina for scale: Z3ahgpU.jpg

Also, off-topic, I'll be carpooling out to KSC early tomorrow for the Dragon V2 Pad Abort test. I'll be sure to post the results of my extremely scientific research. :D

Edited by curtquarquesso

There's a stock fuel cell now. Just plug it onto the Far Shot's hull. Power generation and an extra greeble, all in one. :)

Can't do that. Haven't unlocked it yet in my career.

What's this, two Soyuz docked? http://i.imgur.com/0mxiftu.jpg No big deal right?

??!?!?? http://i.imgur.com/K5SDaC4.jpg

Bet you didn't know the Soyuz came in that size, did you? That's right. A 1.875m Soyuz, with a .9375m docking port. I'm figuring out TweakScale configs, slowly but surely. As soon as I finish some more parts, I'll let you guys look over the new TweakScale patch file if Beale approves. Niemand, you're pretty good at configs, right? Can I send this file to you at some point and have you review it?

Bonus shot with Valentina for scale: http://i.imgur.com/Z3ahgpU.jpg

Also, off-topic, I'll be carpooling out to KSC early tomorrow for the Dragon V2 Pad Abort test. I'll be sure to post the results of my extremely scientific research. :D

Ok, I can take a look on that. :)

Hello!

Yes, it is, though with the fuel cells being much larger than I anticipated, might add it back in.

What's this, two Soyuz docked? http://i.imgur.com/0mxiftu.jpg No big deal right?

Wow, nice stuff!

It oddly looks "rounder" when larger?

Hard to pin down.

Certainly better than I expected at that size.

Hey Beale, do you know if there is a 1.0 updated version of the Soyuz TMA add on out there?

I think not unfortunately.

Cells with beveled edges

Just notice how hinges are configured to old square panels, yeah will fix :cool:

1d93d7d3ab.jpg

89a282fe67.jpg

I wonder, is there a way to raise its crew capacity to three?

You lucky... Lucky.... Person! (Nailed it) I wish I lived close enough to KSC to see SpaceX's crazy escapades. Unfortunately, I live six hours away, in Alabama.

Send us some pictures/videos, please?