[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

21 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Salyut was literally just remade , and I m not sure meteor would look much better than it already does with a revamp .

I was judging solely by the way textures are made. In the current art style there are 1 pixel borders between parts. In the textures of Salyut/Meteor, the borders are mostly absent.

8 hours ago, Random Annoying Guy said:

I was judging solely by the way textures are made. In the current art style there are 1 pixel borders between parts. In the textures of Salyut/Meteor, the borders are mostly absent.

That doesn t necessarily mean they are outdated . Like I said the Salyut parts are literally the newest parts in the latest release version

I voted 'other', but to be honest, any of them would be amazing. I'd really like to see a Soviet version of the Making History M.E.M. parts.bannerlkblack.jpg

EDIT: My bad... should probably read more things before replying.

Edited by DirtyFace83
Own stupidity

Tantares 22.0

Back in quacktion.
Pretty big update, and a lot of it may be not obvious at first - but many changes have been made at the config level.

Big thanks to @Well for raising a lot of bug-fixes.

If you have any issues, or suggestions, please get in touch!

• - Bug fixes
  • - Balance pass and refinement
  • - Mir revamp
  • - 37K revamp (Kvant)
  • - NEP Truss revamp
  • - Sofora Truss revamp

You can get Tantares on both GitHub, Spacedock, and CKAN.

MvIrgL3.png cVnNfkx.png

! WARNING !

• Previous craft built using Mir parts should still load, but parts have been deprecated and will have a black texture. I recommend retiring these craft, as deprecated parts will be removed in the version after (23.0).
  • Folder structure has changed, please do a clean install of the mod.

Ysig1GX.jpg

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Previous craft built using Mir parts should still load, but parts have been deprecated and will have a black texture.

You might want to double check that. It fragged a number of craft I had in orbit and a crap ton of craft in the VAB say Invalid Parts and will not load.

32 minutes ago, CaptKordite said:

You might want to double check that. It fragged a number of craft I had in orbit and a crap ton of craft in the VAB say Invalid Parts and will not load.

ARGH!

Got any screenshots / list of parts?

Hotfix upload in progress - issue to be resolved.

Edited by Beale

41 minutes ago, Beale said:

list of parts?

This may not be comprehensive:

Eridani.Mount.2
Eridani.DockingMechanism.1
Eridani.DockingMechanism.2
Eridani.Engine.1
Eridani.Antenna.1
Eridani.Antenna.2
Eridani.Antenna.4
Eridani.Crew.1
Eridani.Crew.2
Eridani.Solar.1.2
Eridani.Solar.2.2
Eridani.SolarDorsal.2
Eridani.Node.1
Eridani.NodeSupport.1
Acamar.Lab.1
Acamar.Lab.2
Acamar.SolarLab.1
Rana.Mount.2

Tantares 22.1

Quick hotfix to resolve issues with deprecated parts.
Github upload is slow, but spacedock is available now.

Tech nodes have also been added to several parts without them (LOK, for example).

You can get Tantares on both GitHub, Spacedock, and CKAN.

MvIrgL3.png cVnNfkx.png

! WARNING !

• Previous craft built using Mir parts should still load, but parts have been deprecated and will have a black texture. I recommend retiring these craft, as deprecated parts will be removed in the version after (23.0).
  • Folder structure has changed, please do a clean install of the mod.

Orlan Suit

QZbyWOp.jpg

Probably worthwhile sharing I have measured up parts for all poll options, so you can get a feel for their size.
Orthographic reference images removed for clarity (There's a lot of variation in VA references, hence the four prototype sizes).

@Jim123 @Rory Yammomoto you can't just vote other and not leave a comment :P

dhAEgdC.jpg

Edited by Beale

36 minutes ago, CaptKordite said:

So, the Rana Structural Mount is no longer a coupling? I wasn't using it to dock struts together (yet) but I had been using the part for rovers to "control from here" on the front.

49972807353_bf534cf89b_w_d.jpg

Specifically the mount itself was never a coupling - there was a separate docking port part that you have there. I decided to remove the docking port since it did not feel great after being remodelled - try first and foremost to make parts feel fitting.

To compensate, I will add fromt / back / up / down orientation switches to the control cores - for now if you want you could restare the "rana" parts from the previous version of the mod to continue using those.

59 minutes ago, Beale said:

To compensate, I will add fromt / back / up / down orientation switches to the control cores - for now if you want you could restare the "rana" parts from the previous version of the mod to continue using those.

The orientation switches will be good. They did that in stock for that reason. And, sure, I could restore the parts, but I share most of my craft on Kerbal X, and I think it's impolite to share things that don't work. For the craft in my VAB and Kerbal Construction Time queue I've stripped out the the Rana part and replaced it with a Docking Port Jr. It's bigger and heavier, but it does the thing, though I may go back and replace the cores with stock parts and their variable orientation.

18 minutes ago, CaptKordite said:

The orientation switches will be good. They did that in stock for that reason. And, sure, I could restore the parts, but I share most of my craft on Kerbal X, and I think it's impolite to share things that don't work. For the craft in my VAB and Kerbal Construction Time queue I've stripped out the the Rana part and replaced it with a Docking Port Jr. It's bigger and heavier, but it does the thing, though I may go back and replace the cores with stock parts and their variable orientation.

For sure - a compromise I thought of was adding docking functionality to the mount but leaving it commented out in the part config, leaves it open for people to enable if they want that.

The hatches on the three Vega 12 Airlock Compartments no longer work. The hatches at the top and bottom of the modules work but there doesn't seem to even be a hatch on the side. The square hatch-looking thing is there on the textures but pointing at it does not bring up the "crew hatch" that you can click on and EVA. This is not the case for Turcana, Hadar, Hamal, and Tantares Orbital Modules.

The crews now trapped inside their LZhM munbases would like a solution.

8 minutes ago, CaptKordite said:

The hatches on the three Vega 12 Airlock Compartments no longer work. The hatches at the top and bottom of the modules work but there doesn't seem to even be a hatch on the side. The square hatch-looking thing is there on the textures but pointing at it does not bring up the "crew hatch" that you can click on and EVA. This is not the case for Turcana, Hadar, Hamal, and Tantares Orbital Modules.

The crews now trapped inside their LZhM munbases would like a solution.

Looks as though the trigger was chopped off :huh: Another hot-fix in work...

11 hours ago, Random Annoying Guy said:

vega_crew_s1p5_1_1 variants do not work

#LOC_eridani_crew_s2_1_description is cut off at the word "the"

EDIT: acamar_crew_s2_1 lights don't work

No "Crew Report" on some crewed parts

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure all of these parts are deprecated.