[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Hey guys, let's try to bring it back on topic before the mods get he...re... Ok... Thanks mods.

Here we go: Improved Virgo II Lunar Lander on the day that the Old World U.S.A. landed on the moon. That's 'Murican enough. Craft will be in the next craft files release. :)

LLOFuFe.png

Edited by curtquarquesso

I also tried to make some Fallout stuff. My absolute favorite is the Delta IX rocket plane. It is using the Tantares nuclear engine and has a decent DeltaV but you definitely need a booster to launch it for the very low TWR. I haven't tested this new design yet.

pzaxN6v.jpg

Edited by Reddragon

Hey guys, let's try to bring it back on topic. This isn't really appropriate anymore...

Here we go: Improved Virgo II Lunar Lander on the day that the Old World U.S.A. landed on the moon. That's 'Murican enough. Craft will be in the next craft files release. :)

http://i.imgur.com/LLOFuFe.png

Nice to see the revamp! :)

I also tried to make some Fallout stuff. My absolute favorite is the Delta XI rocket plane. It is using the Tantares nuclear engine and has a decent DeltaV but you definitely need a booster to launch it for the very low TWR. I haven't tested this new design yet.

http://i.imgur.com/pzaxN6v.jpg

Nice RocketPlane! :)

Comparison, not bad!

latest?cb=20110403002956

PPTS is looking great! I loved the last update as well! I recently moved and didn't have the internet for a week, so I haven't really done much in Kerbal, but I am excited to try out the Big G and the PPTS (soon enough!).

Thanks! :)

how about making them like the orion's round solar panels?

These are nice, but still not sure how to animate them (Is it skinned mesh renderer? I don't know technical details).

I'd make two pods with the same exterior, and then the 4kerb version I'd give a bigger life-support and KIS allotment and make the 6 man more expensive.

I don't think 6 crew is excessive, thats a good size for a Duna mission crew assuming your keeping the orbital hab crewed or building a ground lab

I'm not so sure, I think it will lead to bloat to have two versions.

New interior.

52555fa108.jpg

Hey guys, let's try to bring it back on topic. This isn't really appropriate anymore...

http://i.imgur.com/LLOFuFe.png

Ahah nice model ! :cool: Here's the perfect song for it ! :

Much more better!:sticktongue:

Feedback. Again. If you are tired of infinite remakings- just tell me you have a special look at the IVA.

Come on! RPM plate above the hatch?

iiqciYe.jpg

D9LLcFZ.png

Also, I think that would be better to have rotated RPM-plate because it's more convenient and useful.

*Bursts into uncontrollable laughter* Agh! :D And I thought it was some sort of magnetic table, or an upside-down doormat! *continues laughing uncontrollably*

Ow, my sides! Man, I needed a good laugh today! :)

Much more better!:sticktongue:

Feedback. Again. If you are tired of infinite remakings- just tell me you have a special look at the IVA.

http://i.imgur.com/iiqciYe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/D9LLcFZ.png

Also, I think that would be better to have rotated RPM-plate because it's more convenient and useful.

Revision #2 :wink:

Console is still 90 degree, but move from the door, seating is now met equally.

e659c9147f.jpg

6f5f288c5f.jpg

It's hot!

2a365dafe6.jpg

f8ae721490.jpg

f4588359ea.jpg

Edited by Beale

Looks nice! But the seating seems awkward, I mean the only kerbals who are near the instruments are upside-down thus it makes flying the thing from inside quite confusing, it's like looking at a computer screen upside down! I'd still go for what SnowWhite showed us.

Just a thought....

Is it bad that when I type "KS" into Google, it auto-completes to "KSP Tantares"? :)

Nope - This is perfectly normal. Something is wrong when Google thinks KS means Kansas.

I think your seats are upside-down. I know that the PPTS has the cosmonauts sitting feet-to-feet, but I'm not sure it's optimal for a KSP IVA.

SnowWhite's seating arrangement looks more practical. I think having the seats completely flat on their backs is what makes it look kinda bizzare. If you look at most capsules, they're not flat on their backs, they're inclined forwards a bit so the brunt of the force is directed into the butts of the cosmo/astronauts, not into their spines. Plus, having it inclined forwards means you can put the control panel in front of them, without obstructing the forward hatch.

I drew another picture... It's not great, but you get the point. Keep the seats, and the instruments angled. It looks better, and functions better. Makes for a really immersive IVA.

Gpeejrjm.jpg

Why don't you reuse the hatch texture from the Soyuz OM for the docking port hatch? It looks so much better than the current texture

Will fix!

Worked like a charm! Also, where do I find the proper fairing to go around the decent and orbital modul, and where can I find premade ships?

Check first page for craft files.

Fairings, you have the choice of procedural fairings or the stock shrouds.

Looks nice! But the seating seems awkward' date=' I mean the only kerbals who are near the instruments are upside-down thus it makes flying the thing from inside quite confusing, it's like looking at a computer screen upside down! I'd still go for what SnowWhite showed us.[/quote']

I don't think it will be a problem, unless you are flying it as a plane cockpit, as long as Kerbal backs are facing the gravitational pull.

I think your seats are upside-down. I know that the PPTS has the cosmonauts sitting feet-to-feet, but I'm not sure it's optimal for a KSP IVA.

SnowWhite's seating arrangement looks more practical. I think having the seats completely flat on their backs is what makes it look kinda bizzare. If you look at most capsules, they're not flat on their backs, they're inclined forwards a bit so the brunt of the force is directed into the butts of the cosmo/astronauts, not into their spines. Plus, having it inclined forwards means you can put the control panel in front of them, without obstructing the forward hatch.

I drew another picture... It's not great, but you get the point. Keep the seats, and the instruments angled. It looks better, and functions better. Makes for a really immersive IVA.

http://i.imgur.com/Gpeejrjm.jpg

I'm not so sure. The play tests I have done, this seating arrangement feels pretty good.

When flying and on ascent I don't feel looks strange.

146744d55e.jpg

Besides, it is pretty close to the real deal:

ptk_np_farn2010_interior_1.jpg

But!

You may try the part (and IVA) and form your own first hand opinion of the current layout. The feedback is appreciated.

Download

Edited by Beale

It's a very early concept, I think Tantares need to focus on modern prototypes. Such this (look, they are semi-sitting not simply lie on the floor) and

(Most detailed).

For example, early "Angara". Feel the difference with the current one?

Anyway, it's firstly a question of gameplay, not a reality. Then let users test your variant!:kiss:

Edited by SnowWhite

I still agree with SnowWhite. :D Just tried the pod out myself:

sci-fi_ship_draft_zpsf2slphdk.png

It's like it was meant to be on top of that contraption! :)

SCR_zpsxfgaxjzi.png

Kerbonaut1: "Is the SCR on?" :huh:

Kerbonaut2: "The what now???" :confused:

MM config to add support for Toadicus Antenna Range mod:

// title = T-CD Communication Dish
// description = A communication dish mounted on a folding arm.
@PART[Tantares_Antenna_A]:FOR[Tantares]:NEEDS[AntennaRange]
{
@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
{
@name = ModuleLimitedDataTransmitter
nominalRange = 5000000000
simpleRange = 14142135623
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
requiredResource = ElectricCharge
}
}

// title = A961A Hoop Antenna
// description = A very low-power antenna. Suitable for nothing more than short-range communication.
@PART[Vostok_Antenna_A]:FOR[Tantares]:NEEDS[AntennaRange]
{
{
nominalRange = 50000
simpleRange = 150000
maxPowerFactor = 9
maxDataFactor = 3

}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleScienceContainer

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}

// title = V-ODA Backup Antenna
// description = A crude, but reliable antenna.
@PART[Vega_Antenna_A]:FOR[Tantares]:NEEDS[AntennaRange]
{
{
nominalRange = 12000000
simpleRange = 33941125
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
}
MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}

// title = "Priority" Dish Mk5
// description = A largely flat, high-gain, fixed dish. Popular in the second hand market to be re-used as a sled.
@PART[Vega_Antenna_B]:FOR[Tantares]:NEEDS[AntennaRange]
{
{
nominalRange = 200000000000
simpleRange = 848528137424
maxPowerFactor = 18
maxDataFactor = 6
}
MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}

// title = L-LG1 Low Gain Antenna
//description = An extremely basic, but reliable, communication device.
@PART[Libra_Antenna_A]:FOR[Tantares]:NEEDS[AntennaRange]
{
{
nominalRange = 1500000
simpleRange = 5196152
maxPowerFactor = 12
maxDataFactor = 2
}
MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}

// title = V-RE "Needle" Rendezvous Antenna
// description = Though initially created in order to automate the meet-up and docking of spacecraft, the V-RE more often than not finds itself used as a basic communication device.
@PART[Vega_Antenna_C]:FOR[Tantares]:NEEDS[AntennaRange]
{
{
nominalRange = 2500
simpleRange = 2500
maxPowerFactor = 1
maxDataFactor = 2
}
MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}

// title = L-HG1 High Gain Antenna
// description = This folding communication dish will keep you in contact with ground control, theoretically outside the orbit of Minmus.
@PART[Libra_Antenna_B]:FOR[Tantares]:NEEDS[AntennaRange]
{
{
nominalRange = 50000000000
simpleRange = 141421356237
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
}
MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}

//title = F020A "Nova" Communication Dish
//description = Maintain a connection between Kerbin and anywhere else in the solar system. Just, don't be surprised if a few of the 1s and 0s get switched up.
@PART[Fomalhaut_Antenna_A]:FOR[Tantares]:NEEDS[AntennaRange]
{
{
nominalRange = 113549713200
simpleRange = 321167088822
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 3
}
MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}

//title = TK-CD0A Communication Array
//description = An array of communication dishes mounted on a folding arm.
@PART[Alnair_Antenna_A]:FOR[Tantares]:NEEDS[AntennaRange]
{
{
nominalRange = 5000000000
simpleRange = 14142135624
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 5
}
MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}

Will fix!

"Check first page for craft files.

Fairings, you have the choice of procedural fairings or the stock shrouds."

I've checked up and down for the shroud. Looked in the files as well. It's not there. Maybe I missed it, where is it in the files and what is its file name?

....but how do I 'make it work?'

when you install it it should set up a file association for you (and maybe ask if you want to let it handle zip files and tar and rars). in which case just double click on the file and it happens automatically...you just have to say you want to extract whatever you want.