[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

He's talking about the aft end, not the forward docking adapter. The issue with that is, that the ATV SM is 2.5m, and the ATV body is just a little wider than 2.5. If you split the cargo area and the SM, you'd get an oddball size.

It's actually she ._.

But yes that's what I meant! Honestly I hadn't considered that problem - Procedural Parts and RO have ruined my sense of "standard sizes"! It would just make it a little easier to to use ATV to make nice-looking Nodes.

It's actually she ._.

Well, I was scratching my head a bit when he regarded you as "he". :)

Anyway, back to ATV. I'm pretty much all for how the new ATV looks and wouldn't change anything else part-wise but that's just me.

Edited by T'Flok

just a quick bug report: the A961A Hoop Antenna is missing remotetech support

The remotetech config that comes with the default download has been pretty busted for a while, I ended up editing it manually (to add in things that were missing and to nerf a few SERIOUSLY op parts)

The remotetech config that comes with the default download has been pretty busted for a while, I ended up editing it manually (to add in things that were missing and to nerf a few SERIOUSLY op parts)

Think you could throw it up here? Pretty please?

just a quick bug report: the A961A Hoop Antenna is missing remotetech support
Think you could throw it up here? Pretty please?

The problem with the hoop antenna has been fixed in the newest version of the config file. Found Here.

(Download and place in your Tantares folder, delete old config, rename the new one to what the old one was.)

It should be distributed with the next release. Also, for what its worth, the crazy 45* cone angles every where is a bug that I have also corrected. (at least IIRC) Any other feed back on the RemoteTech or TACLS configs can be directed at me.

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus

I think the best solution for that would be to have @planeguy868 throw together a re-texturing of the PPTS. It'd be reasonably close to the right dimensions. You could also scale up the Hamal reentry capsule.

Once PPTS comes out, I'll get to work on it! Sorry for vanishing, I've been sucked in by Mass Effect these past few weeks. Getting my tonsils out soon so that'll be plenty of time for me to sit down and retexture all the things!

Edit: oh wait its released... Beale, pm me the .psd file and I'll get on that after Alan Shepard finishes saving the galaxy. Again.

Edited by planeguy868

Once PPTS comes out, I'll get to work on it! Sorry for vanishing, I've been sucked in by Mass Effect these past few weeks. Getting my tonsils out soon so that'll be plenty of time for me to sit down and retexture all the things!

Edit: oh wait its released... Beale, pm me the .psd file and I'll get on that after Alan Shepard finishes saving the galaxy. Again.

I assume Alan Shepard in Mass Effect is something like this:

G3rwMjz.jpg

(Not my work, just something I found on the internet as while back)

Here's the first LKO test flight of my new spacecraft, the BTK. It means Duration Transport Ship, but I used Google translate to put it into Russian and my limited knowledge of the Cyrillic alphabet to get BTK. Niemand, you're Russian, right? Care to help me out with this? Anyway, BTK was designed for long duration missions to the Mun, Minmus, and Duna. Here you go:

Fe8whZi.jpg

BTK-2 lifts off on board a Zenit. It feels so good to have AB launchers again! Just look at the power of Zenit's first stage! BTK-1 Experienced a strange failure of the second stage separation, so an immediate mission abort was called shortly after achieving orbit.

mhP0oHe.png

For a spacecraft such as BTK, Zenit is way too overpowered for a launch to LKO. But then again, most Tantares launchers are like that! :D

xnuqlGe.png

Escape tower is jettisoned! I might as well go ahead and point out that the SULAT has the bug where you can only see its staging icon in flight, not in the VAB/SPH.

r0FffuE.png

Zenit's first stage is spent and separates from the rest of the stack. Maybe for later missions I'll make it reusable like Falcon 9's first stage. It doesn't seem too hard...

a1tZXEs.png

The first stage was so overpowered that the second stage (Am I correct in using Proton's third stage?) only has to do the orbital insertion burn at apoapsis. Even this nearly drains the stage though.

Bz4bbJD.png

BTK's aerodynamic fairings blow off once in orbit to expose the Service Module. Yep, that is a 1.875 meter Cygnus engine. it was the only thing that looked good and still delivered the needed Delta V for long range missions.

HyHCYco.png

BTK is free of the second stage and has deployed its SM hardware. This is the first time I really utilized the "Lego" part of Tantares to make something that isn't a replica. I like the result a lot. :)

4sbkwge.png

Just a confirmation that the Apollo antenna is seeing use. here it is, as BTK's main communication method. In LKO is wouldn't be used that much because the lance works better, but for Mun and Minmus missions it will be imperative.

qK9Jgzn.png

Obligatory artificial eclipse shot. Getting late here, so I'll complete the mission tomorrow.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

I get this log trying to run Soviet Space Program Career that requires Tantares.

Loading in the program it ceases at the Vostok_Service_A.

Anyother have this problem, and how can it been corrected.

The log is in the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2miuk9m37n70mg/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfal9ne8roewl8o/KSP%20Error.png?dl=0

I get this log trying to run Soviet Space Program Career that requires Tantares.

The log is in the link.

Easy. You're going to want to get in contact with @tjsnh. He's the author of that mod. Looking at the patch file for the mod, it seems to be reliant on the newest version of Tantares. Are you running Tantares 29?

The log is in the link.

I think I found the problem, minor typo, I'll post an update when I have a few minutes later tonight or first thing tomorrow AM.

TweakScale has become my newest best friend. Now I can use the solar panels from cBBp's KOSMOS, Bobcat's Soviet Pack, and raidernick's Russian mods with Tantares.

lBq3f7f.png?1

Has anyone run into scaling issues with the Fuji/Polaris orbital module? It looks fine in the VAB, but in flight it scales down quite a bit. I only realized this when I dropped my fairings on the way to my duna exploration ship.

EDIT: it fixed itself!

h6ttkxn.png

What should I use for proxying the Waxwing solid rocket Payload assist stage for BLACK ARROW and BLACK PRINCE?

I find the S.O.A.R. works well, as does the stock "Flea." I think another payload assist motor would be neat. S.O.A.R. is nice, but it's a bit long, especially if it's meant to imitate the Orbital ATK Castor.

TweakScale has become my newest best friend. Now I can use the solar panels from cBBp's KOSMOS, Bobcat's Soviet Pack, and raidernick's Russian mods with Tantares.

http://i.imgur.com/lBq3f7f.png?1

It's liberating, right?? First time seeing my parts out in the wild. Giddy excitement. Any difficulties so far? I'm pushing out a TweakScale update tomorrow, and possibly updated craft files.

It's liberating, right?? First time seeing my parts out in the wild. Giddy excitement. Any difficulties so far? I'm pushing out a TweakScale update tomorrow, and possibly updated craft files.

They're working great! Thanks so much for making them. I've retrofitted all my Soyuz to take advantage of your work. :cool:

I have built the BLACK PRINCE 1, it works fine but the BLUE STREAK tank and engine are too narrow, they should be wider than the BLACK ARROW 1st stage which becomes its 2nd stage.

BLACK KNIGHT was the 2nd Stage wasn't it?

BLACK ARROW was a totally different rocket that was the follow on to BLACK KNIGHT

(English Rainbow codes...gotta love them)

I have built the BLACK PRINCE 1, it works fine but the BLUE STREAK tank and engine are too narrow, they should be wider than the BLACK ARROW 1st stage which becomes its 2nd stage.
BLACK KNIGHT was the 2nd Stage wasn't it?

BLACK ARROW was a totally different rocket that was the follow on to BLACK KNIGHT

(English Rainbow codes...gotta love them)

Blue Streak didn't have a second stage. However Blue Streak was used as the first stage of the Europa which use the French Coralie as its second stage and the German Astris as a third stage. Black Knight on the other hand was a precursor to Blue Streak and was used to test some of its systems.

As far as the Black Prince go's, it turns out Cdodders is right.

Blue Streak - 3.040m wide

Black Arrow - 2.006m wide

LAST EDIT: Every one is right...

bprince.gif

rxUAI99UEu8iAE6O8PQcfSUE4D1czjLK7UWzKDWQO-sMAPjfKEVfsTlHgIneKol-YjDwzaQsQW9F9LjMiHlDPk5SA6F-DAcDwqfDBv0C9XwUzuQeVfRc3OaC7oy7T_Lq9A

Turns out Black Prince 1 used both Black Arrow and Black Knight as second stages...

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus
Realized first post was talking about compleatly differant rocket. EDIT 2 Realized I had it backwords and OP had it right.

In fitting with Kerbalised sizes, I would put BLUE STREAK at 2.5., which would make it compatible with the Centaur stage from FASA (kerbalised NASA), which, licence-built by Canada, would make the second stage of BLACK PRINCE 2 and 3