[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

13 minutes ago, kopapaka said:

screenshot28.jpg? ver = 0

screenshot44.jpg?ver=0

I see you have a thing for the Mk1 cabin :wink: 
Awesome, love the drop tanks!

Video!

I have been listening to a lot of Moondog lately. And with this new release - why not take 30 minutes to put together a little "trailer"?

4 hours ago, Beale said:

T A N T A R E S

V.34

• - Fuji revamp (craft breaking)
  • - added search tags
  • - huge name cleanup
  • - huge bulkhead profile cleanup
  • - removed defunct MM patches.

1.1 compatible now. On Spacedock and Curse.
Upload on SpaceDock is being problematic, but the update is available on Curse right now.

Let me know of any bugs.

Best news I've heard all day! Now to relearn how to build the N-1. :cool:

12 hours ago, Danny88 said:

Question: What is the MAPC based off of? 

It's based off of something that I accidentally forgot to remove before release!

The design is based from large conical Mars lander designs, with a TKS twist :wink: 

mars-excursion-module.jpg

10 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Yeah, Proton still flips... Not very good at getting rockets just right recently, eh? I believe in you. :P

Very strange, I have had no problems testing, many different payloads.

Anyone else?

Maybe try delete drag cubes?

8 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Oh yeah, like riding a bike. Except the bike is shiny and new. I've missed this!

xyYqDbu.png?1

Nice LOK!

5 hours ago, Sackpfeife said:

Congrats to 1.1.! 

But could it be that you forgot the Gimini in the parts folder? 

Yep, as FlyMeToTheMinmus has said, it is moved into a separate mod.

SpaceDock Upload

Edited by Beale

21 minutes ago, Beale said:

It's based off of something that I accidentally forgot to remove before release!

The design is based from large conical Mars lander designs, with a TKS twist :wink:

Ahhhh love those 60's designs <3

So it's something you're working on? Explains why it's kind of hard to fly at the moment. I did manage to land it on the Mun.

1 hour ago, Danny88 said:

So it's something you're working on? Explains why it's kind of hard to fly at the moment. I did manage to land it on the Mun.

Impressive! There were a lot of control issues yes.

I'm not currently working on it, but don't have the heart to delete it, so it lingers.

22 minutes ago, damonvv said:

You removed the Spica RCS? Using KSP 1.1 and Tantares V34.1

hQcwO3u.png

Yes, I forgot to note in the update changelog (but have now fixed).

Gemini parts have been removed and put in a separate pack "Trails".
To save your craft, download an earlier version and put in the parts.

Edited by Beale

24 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

I still use the MAPC beta parts in my career mode mod, first class stuff.

The RCS thrusters that are currently a part of the MAPC will be salvaged, I don't think there is anything wrong with them.
But, the body - I might do either:

Hole-In-The-Heatshield

Replace radial engines with a central engine. It would need to be animated though (Heatshields with holes don't fare so well, it would need an animated hatch).

5799743_origin-of-the-apollo-shaped-mann

Make The Whole Heatshield A Fairing Base

Require a lot less "dual purpose" parts than the current setup (No fuel tank / docking port combo nonsense).

mars-ascent-vehicle.png?1433389672?inter

Conical-No-More

Could be interesting.

DrakeOutlander.jpg

Something Dragon-like?

You don't need a lot of Delta-V to land on Duna, maybe just a tiny craft will do.
The mission profile I designed the MAPC around had as a requirement refueling on the surface.

400x266xindex.php,qaction=dlattach,3Btop

Something Crazy?

Mars_Excursion_Module.jpg

Energia-Shot

Diving into dark waters. I know winged issues with the Kliper.

condition-02.jpg

1 hour ago, Beale said:

So that's the RCS goes. I had it up on the middle part! I also had A-Z3H Descent Engine and a small stack-tank on top so I could return from Mun.

Edit: My Revised version:

GljZ05z.jpg

Edited by Danny88

Hey @Beale a while back @CobaltWolf suggested putting the engines for the arrow, knight, and, and prince in the same tech nodes as the rest of their parts, which would be          advRocketry, it is weird to get access in a career to all the fuel tanks, decouplers, and control units of these rockets, but not actually use them until unlocking the engines in              heavierRocketry, for the past few releases I have edited the cfg files myself to have the parts unlock at the same time (in fact I have arrow and knight unlock in advRocketry and the prince unlock in heavierRocketry as it feels like a better progression), also the Knight reaction wheel is in the Propulsion category when it should be in Control (I also edit that on my end), sorry for bringing it up again if you have already taken care of that SAS. In any case I just installed the newest versions of LV and Tantares for 1.1 and will report any bugs I find. Keep up the great work.

1 hour ago, OTmikhail said:

Hey a while back suggested putting the engines for the arrow, knight, and, and prince in the same tech nodes as the rest of their parts, which would be          advRocketry, it is weird to get access in a career to all the fuel tanks, decouplers, and control units of these rockets, but not actually use them until unlocking the engines in              heavierRocketry, for the past few releases I have edited the cfg files myself to have the parts unlock at the same time (in fact I have arrow and knight unlock in advRocketry and the prince unlock in heavierRocketry as it feels like a better progression), also the Knight reaction wheel is in the Propulsion category when it should be in Control (I also edit that on my end), sorry for bringing it up again if you have already taken care of that SAS. In any case I just installed the newest versions of LV and Tantares for 1.1 and will report any bugs I find. Keep up the great work.

I'll fix that, thanks for the reminder.

Proton

I have a few reports that it is completely un-flyable in 1.1.
Trying to reproduce, but performance is okay to me (But, a little wobble - fixing that).

Can anyone else chime in?

It is "overpowered" of course, delivering a full Saylut-like to 150km with the third stage still full, but that's just how things are.

f0c140c558.jpg3528a67092.jpg2599f2d25a.jpg88c7090a55.jpg5c84137de0.jpg

Damn, I really love the compact RCS :(. It looked very nice on Soyuz, right on top of the non-working texture RCS holes. Anyway, thanks for the 1.1 update, I was waiting to move on just because I wanted Tantares! Finally Fuji gets an update, I use those nice panels and orbital module in a lot of my vessels. About MAPC: I do not really like the idea of going into only planned/futuristic/only artistic projects like that, but for the sake of reusability I'd like to see MAPC staying at current state. Simple, plain, and it adds those useful strap on engines. Anything else looks like a bit out of Tantares style. I'd really love the return of Kliper (Lynx IIRC) but I know it's a difficult project, maybe without hope. But having such a nice little thinghy really made me happy!

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Proton

I have a few reports that it is completely un-flyable in 1.1.
Trying to reproduce, but performance is okay to me (But, a little wobble - fixing that).

Can anyone else chime in?

It is "overpowered" of course, delivering a full Saylut-like to 150km with the third stage still full, but that's just how things are.

f0c140c558.jpg3528a67092.jpg2599f2d25a.jpg88c7090a55.jpg5c84137de0.jpg

I can confirm this. I used a simple TKS payload for the test. Noted aggressive gimbal during the roll manoeuvre at T+7 seconds, manually compensated. Then after the start of the gravity turn at T+32 seconds (altitude 3275m, velocity 204m/s), vehicle control was lost. Two additional runs at different throttle settings yielded similar results. I believe it's down to the main engine gimbal rates.

Confirmed in stock aero. Check YT video I posted: first try just a test weight (25T) + fuel tank + proton. Aggressive roll and unplanned rapid disintegration. Second try I added some verniers which helped with the roll maneuver, still unplanned disintegration. In KSP 1.0.5 the Proton worked best for me with a long and top heavy design. Not with this version though. :(

Edited by hendrack

1 hour ago, trooperMNG said:

Damn, I really love the compact RCS :(. It looked very nice on Soyuz, right on top of the non-working texture RCS holes. Anyway, thanks for the 1.1 update, I was waiting to move on just because I wanted Tantares! Finally Fuji gets an update, I use those nice panels and orbital module in a lot of my vessels. About MAPC: I do not really like the idea of going into only planned/futuristic/only artistic projects like that, but for the sake of reusability I'd like to see MAPC staying at current state. Simple, plain, and it adds those useful strap on engines. Anything else looks like a bit out of Tantares style. I'd really love the return of Kliper (Lynx IIRC) but I know it's a difficult project, maybe without hope. But having such a nice little thinghy really made me happy!

If you are happy to use Trails, the RCS blocks will be available there :) 

For the MAPC, I understand and agree with you on futuristic and high concept things. But, I think Tantares needs a Mars lander and there are not a lot of real-life examples to pick from :P 

30 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

I can confirm this. I used a simple TKS payload for the test. Noted aggressive gimbal during the roll manoeuvre at T+7 seconds, manually compensated. Then after the start of the gravity turn at T+32 seconds (altitude 3275m, velocity 204m/s), vehicle control was lost. Two additional runs at different throttle settings yielded similar results. I believe it's down to the main engine gimbal rates.

17 minutes ago, hendrack said:

Confirmed in stock aero. Check YT video I posted: first try just a test weight (25T) + fuel tank + proton. Aggressive roll and unplanned rapid disintegration. Second try I added some verniers which helped with the roll maneuver, still unplanned disintegration. In KSP 1.0.5 the Proton worked best for me with a long and top heavy design. Not with this version though. :(

My goodness, thank you for the feedback!

Very puzzling why I am experiencing such different results to you both. Could I ask if either of you are using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement? (Trying to put together some kind of pattern)

Just now, Beale said:

If you are happy to use Trails, the RCS blocks will be available there :) 

For the MAPC, I understand and agree with you on futuristic and high concept things. But, I think Tantares needs a Mars lander and there are not a lot of real-life examples to pick from :P 

My goodness, thank you for the feedback!

Very puzzling why I am experiencing such different results to you both. Could I ask if either of you are using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement? (Trying to put together some kind of pattern)

Yarp KJR. I'll try without then.

10 minutes ago, hendrack said:

Yarp KJR. I'll try without then.

10 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

I am using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. I'll try to test later without it.

sherlock.jpg?1358527625

Interesting... 3/4 reports so far using KJR.

@VenomousRequiem, were you using KJR too?

I am not using KJR, though there are for sure problems with wobble and control, nothing as bad as I see above.

Edited by Beale

Made a little patch to give everything but manned capsules tweakscale functionality. https://www.dropbox.com/s/iog5zzsa7hol0pc/FoxTantaresScalePatch.cfg?dl=0

Enjoy :)

-Dangit! Didn't realize the capsule were still scaleable, should have a fixed version up in a second...-edit

Edited by lagcity613
dangit...