[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 8/8/2020 at 5:39 PM, Beale said:

Don't think anything conclusive can be said, could be anything really.

Yes.

I have some plans.

The <probe> in flyby of <planet>

screenshot722.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot724.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot726.png?width=1084&height=610

On 8/8/2020 at 9:32 PM, Beale said:

Well without further ado, here is the inital GitHub commit of TantaresSP, that is, Tantares - Space Probes.
A new mod focusing compltely on robotic lunar / interplanetary exploration.

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresSP

As ever, this mod has no dependencies, but I will be looking to integrate with DMOS, or BDB if you have them installed - to share experiment definitions.

Few things still need to be configured, such as the cosmic ray detector, but the ion trap experiment is fully implemented, but a little basic.
Right now you can create a generic 1MV spacecraft, but neither Mars 1M or Venera 1VA exactly, yet.

More to come while I learn with rigging an unfurling antenna.

Tentative mod plans:

• 1MV
  • 3MV
  • 4MV
  • Prop-M
  • Special eggs
  • Special washing machines
  • Cats?!?!
  • Cars?!?!
  • Spikey bois
  • Luna?
  • Fobos?

screenshot752.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot760.png?width=1084&height=610

:o:o:o

Tantares-style Soviet probe parts!!!!! Oh how long I've waited for you! Beautiful!

Why does my Vega size 2 to size 1.5 inline adapter have no texture? It had one before I updated to the 1.10 version (I'm using 1.10.1)

Oh man do I want some proper Luna parts that I can put together myself. Rocket Emporium kind of has the eggs for the Luna missions, Coatl has a full set of Venera 9 parts but the only other mod I've found is the soviet probes pack, and I don't think they match the stock aesthetic at all. I would LOVE some lunokhod rover bits holy crap. Nobody's really made the wheels or really any of the other stuff like the flip up solar  panel lid and body, which is surprising since the only thing that's broken the distance record of Lunokhod 2 was Opportunity. I'm gonna download this immediately.

Edited by oniontrain

9 hours ago, oniontrain said:

Why does my Vega size 2 to size 1.5 inline adapter have no texture? It had one before I updated to the 1.10 version (I'm using 1.10.1)

Was just about to post the same bug. Vega 2->1 & 2->1.5 adapters, Aquila 2->0.5 & 2->1.5 adapter & crew compartments, Andromeda VK3 Avionics - all of them have broken textures. They also all have in-built fairings, which I'm guessing isn't a coincidence?

Everything else seems to be working fine I think, except what I think are the deprecated old N1 parts are still showing up in my parts list for some reason

On 8/13/2020 at 12:40 AM, golkaidakhaana said:

@Beale I love it . I forget if this has been asked before but do you also plan to make 4MV parts ?

Yes, in fact they are in early process now.

MKKAZHd.png?width=741&height=610

On 8/13/2020 at 2:42 AM, Jack Wolfe said:

The landing was picture perfect...

Until it was discovered too late that the LK was much too close to the LEM, and clipped the LEM with its landing gear...
eVwXdzV.png

I wonder if GEICO roadside assistance handles off-planet accidents?

:D This grave insult will not go unpunished.

On 8/13/2020 at 10:31 AM, GoldForest said:

Decided to make the ISS out of MOL parts. I give you, the ISS if it was made in the 60s/70s
RlmAoO0.jpg

I'm impressed but frightened by the scale of this.

On 8/13/2020 at 12:44 PM, Apurva Kawthalkar said:

Awesome mod, beautiful parts, 

update available on CKAN yet or not ?

Unfortunately I don't understand why CKAN version would be out of date, it is set to CKAN to SpaceDock.

Maybe a question for @politas

On 8/13/2020 at 8:34 PM, Zarbon44 said:

Interplanetary Visitor Dudes.
LC1ieoG.jpg

You did so much with the bare basic parts! Amazing.

On 8/14/2020 at 3:33 AM, oniontrain said:

Oh man do I want some proper Luna parts that I can put together myself. Rocket Emporium kind of has the eggs for the Luna missions, Coatl has a full set of Venera 9 parts but the only other mod I've found is the soviet probes pack, and I don't think they match the stock aesthetic at all. I would LOVE some lunokhod rover bits holy crap. Nobody's really made the wheels or really any of the other stuff like the flip up solar  panel lid and body, which is surprising since the only thing that's broken the distance record of Lunokhod 2 was Opportunity. I'm gonna download this immediately.

On 8/14/2020 at 12:51 PM, baldamundo said:

Was just about to post the same bug. Vega 2->1 & 2->1.5 adapters, Aquila 2->0.5 & 2->1.5 adapter & crew compartments, Andromeda VK3 Avionics - all of them have broken textures. They also all have in-built fairings, which I'm guessing isn't a coincidence?

Everything else seems to be working fine I think, except what I think are the deprecated old N1 parts are still showing up in my parts list for some reason

The missing texture issue should be solved, if you are using the latest version of Tantares, and using KSP 1.10.1

Unfortunately fairings were... well, things were done to them by the devs between 1.9 and 1.10. It's out of my control, but they were very broken by it, so you need to update everything to latest.

@oniontrain I would love Lunokhod, but it's cautiously out of scope now because of wheels, the rest is (again, cautiously) in scope though.

t9fRdnL.gif

Edited by Beale

6 hours ago, Beale said:

I'm impressed but frightened by the scale of this.

The US section is a little bigger than the irl version, and it does start to lag on my laptop. The Russian section is pretty much 1 to 1 in scale though. The only thing I had to jerry rig were the NEM 1 and 2 solar panels. 

Final shakedown tests.

screenshot12.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot32.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot90.png?width=1084&height=610

Spoiler

Yes, the camera is functional, and it outputs red, green, and blue images separately to the screenshots folder, for you, ground control, to stack.

Not quite ready to talk about this fully yet, and I've had some major help that really needs to be credited, but when the time is right :)

Venera 1's camera is currently able to produce 500 lines, but that's a bit too hi-res, that will be downgraded.

Eve at close flyby.
unknown.png

Gilly at a distance (it's about 6 pixels across).
unknown.png

Eve on approach (It's so far away there is little delay on capturing each colour, so not much colour bleeding).
unknown.png

Edited by Beale

12 hours ago, Beale said:

The missing texture issue should be solved, if you are using the latest version of Tantares, and using KSP 1.10.1

Unfortunately fairings were... well, things were done to them by the devs between 1.9 and 1.10. It's out of my control, but they were very broken by it, so you need to update everything to latest.

Made sure to download all the latest versions from GitHub, which seems to have fixed most of it but the Vostok avionics/fairing part still has its textures broken :/

10 hours ago, Zarbon44 said:

Good ol' Salyut 1 and 7k-OK, in all of their glory.
AzQTLVj.png

Fantastic recolours! True glory.

6 hours ago, baldamundo said:

Made sure to download all the latest versions from GitHub, which seems to have fixed most of it but the Vostok avionics/fairing part still has its textures broken :/

That's a weird one, the Vostok shouldn't have any texture variants, so shouldn't be affected, are you using Tantares now in colours by any chance? The changes required for 1.10.1 to fix the fairings were quite big, and I don't think Drakenex et al. had a chance to fix that yet.

TantaresSP Version 1.0

Little space probes. Thanks for those who tested and provided references.
So far, this only adds two early interplanetary probes:

• Mars 1M
  • Venera 1VA

Both are nearly identical outside of scientific instruments.

K8zog1Z.png and FQURWdS.png

uK3XZn4.jpeg

You can use my other new mod Neptune Camera to make the camera parts on the probes more than just science experiments.

On 8/16/2020 at 6:50 AM, Beale said:

Fantastic recolours! True glory.

That's a weird one, the Vostok shouldn't have any texture variants, so shouldn't be affected, are you using Tantares now in colours by any chance? The changes required for 1.10.1 to fix the fairings were quite big, and I don't think Drakenex et al. had a chance to fix that yet.

Oh of course. Thanks. Actually forgot I had that installed.

Did you recently deprecate a bunch of parts, @Beale? I have all 3 Tantares packs installed (latest versions for 1.10 in 1.10; Tantares, TantaresLV and TantaresSP), and around half of the craft files you provide are missing parts. Most of the parts are titled Eridani.[Something]. Here's the parts that are missing for the craft files that you provided (in spoiler below, to save space in the thread):

Spoiler

[FGB Tug]
Eridani.Antenna.1
(Note: [Soyuz-7K-TM], [TKS] and Polyus are also missing Eridani.Antenna.1)

[Mir Module]
Eridani.Solar.1.2
(Note: [Mir] Kvant-2 and [Mir] Spektr are also missing Eridani.Solar.1.2)

[Mir] Core Module
Eridani.Crew.1

[Mir] Kristall
Eridani.DockingMechanism.2
(Note: Zarya FGB is also missing Eridani.DockingMechanism.2)

[Mir] Kvant
Acamar.Lab.1

[Mir] Priroda
Eridani.DockingMechanism.1

[Progress]
Eridani.Antenna.2
(Note: [Soyuz-7K-T] is also missing Eridani.Antenna.2)

Energia-Polyus
Rana.Truss.2

There's also some external craft files, such as those used by Modular Launch Pads, that are missing some parts. From what I can tell, the MLP craft files are missing the part Tantares.Crew.1

Have these parts been replaced with new parts that perform the same function? If so, what was the last version that these parts were in before they were deprecated? If the new parts are still roughly the same shape/size, I'd like to either try to merge those parts in to my current tantares directory, or bring them in long enough to update the craft files by swapping out all of the parts that were deprecated with their new counterparts.

16 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

Did you recently deprecate a bunch of parts, @Beale? I have all 3 Tantares packs installed (latest versions for 1.10 in 1.10; Tantares, TantaresLV and TantaresSP), and around half of the craft files you provide are missing parts. Most of the parts are titled Eridani.[Something]. Here's the parts that are missing for the craft files that you provided (in spoiler below, to save space in the thread):

Reveal hidden contents

[FGB Tug]
Eridani.Antenna.1
(Note: [Soyuz-7K-TM], [TKS] and Polyus are also missing Eridani.Antenna.1)

[Mir Module]
Eridani.Solar.1.2
(Note: [Mir] Kvant-2 and [Mir] Spektr are also missing Eridani.Solar.1.2)

[Mir] Core Module
Eridani.Crew.1

[Mir] Kristall
Eridani.DockingMechanism.2
(Note: Zarya FGB is also missing Eridani.DockingMechanism.2)

[Mir] Kvant
Acamar.Lab.1

[Mir] Priroda
Eridani.DockingMechanism.1

[Progress]
Eridani.Antenna.2
(Note: [Soyuz-7K-T] is also missing Eridani.Antenna.2)

Energia-Polyus
Rana.Truss.2

There's also some external craft files, such as those used by Modular Launch Pads, that are missing some parts. From what I can tell, the MLP craft files are missing the part Tantares.Crew.1

Have these parts been replaced with new parts that perform the same function? If so, what was the last version that these parts were in before they were deprecated? If the new parts are still roughly the same shape/size, I'd like to either try to merge those parts in to my current tantares directory, or bring them in long enough to update the craft files by swapping out all of the parts that were deprecated with their new counterparts.

Oh unfortunately yeah it looks like those crafts are using the old Mir parts, there should be newer equivalents for all of them if you search "mir" in the VAB, but in a nutshell:

• eridani.antenna.1/2 - I think this is the whip antenna, should be called octans whip antenna now I think
  • eridani.solar.x.x - Various mir solar panels, should all have equivs. now.
  • eridani.crew.1 - the core mir module blocks, same deal.
  • eridani.docking.mechanism.2 - I used to have two sets of very similar but redundant docking ports, I've moved this to just the 1 set of "octans" ports now.
  • acamar.x.x - any acamar parts have been replaced with newer models, find by "37K" in VAB.
  • rana.truss.x - these are the sofora girder parts, again all replaced

Hope that helps :)

Again, I would replace these if I had the time lately, but it's play a little KSP or get mods done, doesn't leave much time for make craft files ;.;

Edited by Beale