[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

hold up. How did you get the leg super structure to detach from the LK fuel tank?

@Deltac, im not sure what u speak about but for the LK lander u built it in that order: LK capsule crew / LK fueltank / L-858 engine / LK landing frame.

here some blueprint :):

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by blacsky33

Nice N1! Love it!

Does this mean he's here for a short stay, or he doesn't expect to be actively developing the mod for a long time? (kid graduates High school long time?)

About a month and a half. My paternal leave is then over so I have little choice to return to my work schedule. Even then, unfortunately I will have much less time to develop Tantares, so I am not so sure what is best to process.

Actually I still find a time on evenings, and in the middle of long sleepless nights (heh) to produce new parts - the ATV is done! :)

Nice N1! Love it!

About a month and a half. My paternal leave is then over so I have little choice to return to my work schedule. Even then, unfortunately I will have much less time to develop Tantares, so I am not so sure what is best to process.

Actually I still find a time on evenings, and in the middle of long sleepless nights (heh) to produce new parts - the ATV is done! :)

No worries - Babies are life changing events and always come first before EVERYTHING else.

Nice N1! Love it!

Congratulations on the little bun, and if there's anything I can do with helping to keep Tantares up and running, let me know! It's getting boring over here recovering from my surgery!

Regarding retextures, PPTS isn't the best for a CARV retexture because the capsule shapes are actually very different, unfortunately. Meanwhile, a nice Shenzou might be a good idea...

Nice N1! Love it!

Congrats on the fresh little loaf! :-D

- - - Updated - - -

hold up. How did you get the leg super structure to detach from the LK fuel tank?

I'm wondering the same thing!

Was this a beta part or something?

nice Luna 16... cant wait for the next update maybe it will include some sort of ultra light lander to save my 14 kerbal munar mining base they may have crashed their only capsule into my orbital refinery's solar panels...and ran out of rcs...and an B class asteroid may hit the base...

hello

i'm not sure should i post it here or in Realism Overhaul thread.

i get almost every tantares parts as non RO compatible. i'm playing with KSP 1.0.4, and the latest RO and RSS mod (downloaded via CKAN, with the recommanded parts).

anyone else get the same errors ?

hello

i'm not sure should i post it here or in Realism Overhaul thread.

i get almost every tantares parts as non RO compatible. i'm playing with KSP 1.0.4, and the latest RO and RSS mod (downloaded via CKAN, with the recommanded parts).

anyone else get the same errors ?

RO is better to be discussed in RO thread. Though, I live in both threads. The point is that Tantares updates faster than RO so there will always be non-compatible parts. I am fixing slowly that.

Luna 16 was the sample return mission that crashed on the moon during its landing phase, right? I think Luna 21 was the one that finally brought samples back.

Fun Fact for those who don't know: Luna 16 attempted it's lunar descent and landing while the Apollo 11 crew was landed on the moon, a few hours after their EVA ended.

ATV/Capella progress update:

Unity import/export has finally begun. Noticed that the engine is missing an alpha channel specularity, so I'll have to work on that.

12keg4b.png

Ended up redoing the joints on the ATV solar array. I think this will be much better looking, but will be difficult to animate.

VDofGFK.png

WVsq9nu.png

Is anyone interested in a ATV-specifc S-Band antenna? Easy, easy part to make and produce, but I also don't want to bloat the Tantares parts catalog.

ATV/Capella progress update:

Unity import/export has finally begun. Noticed that the engine is missing an alpha channel specularity, so I'll have to work on that.

http://i.imgur.com/12keg4b.png

Ended up redoing the joints on the ATV solar array. I think this will be much better looking, but will be difficult to animate.

http://i.imgur.com/VDofGFK.png

http://i.imgur.com/WVsq9nu.png

Is anyone interested in a ATV-specifc S-Band antenna? Easy, easy part to make and produce, but I also don't want to bloat the Tantares parts catalog.

Looking very nice! But what happened to the PPTS dev?

Luna 16 was the sample return mission that crashed on the moon during its landing phase, right? I think Luna 21 was the one that finally brought samples back.

Fun Fact for those who don't know: Luna 16 attempted it's lunar descent and landing while the Apollo 11 crew was landed on the moon, a few hours after their EVA ended.

Actually, it was Luna 15.

Yeah... I'll get right on that... (No, but seriously, a Salyut alt texture would be neat. Low priority though. :P

Wait, what? How do you know my name??? ;)

Because as far as I know, Beale had no plans for Buran parts, I'll be tackling that in my own add-on, though it won't be for a while. That's pretty much on hold for now while I tend to Tantares.

Yep. This is why I abandoned my own plans for making CBM's and a PMA. They're just really that good, and I didn't think I could do any better. Beale has thrown around the idea of converting the largely unused TKS docking ports into CBM's. I could actually use input on this. Does anyone use the TKS 1.25m – 0.625m ports?

I've barely gotten to use the British rocket parts. They'll be staying 1.875m. I added TweakScale configs for them in the newest version of my TweakScale config, which you can get right here, as well as in my craft files post.

Tantares TweakScale config Alpha v1.1

ATV Solar panels have been largely modeled and textured. Input would be appreciated.

http://i.imgur.com/l8tjjVx.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/r0HaBqC.png

Next step will be animating in Unity. For the purposes of sharing my own experiences, I'll be documenting my procedure for Unity import, setting up the objects and their animations, and exporting to the game. Might help some of you get started in part creation. From one newb to another. :P

Only requesting the rescale as the BLUE STREAK was about a meter wider than BLACK ARROW, I know you havent really been doing much on these parts but maybe its somethibg that could be added to the to-do list?

Only requesting the rescale as the BLUE STREAK was about a meter wider than BLACK ARROW, I know you havent really been doing much on these parts but maybe its somethibg that could be added to the to-do list?

I leave that up to Beale if he ever wants to do that. For now, they can be easily scaled using my TweakScale config for TantaresLV.