[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Wow! 

That was fast!

It looks (And looks to function) great!

Thank you @Beale. Yet I have been experimenting with colliders to docking by the guides, as in the original, to control. Unfortunately, the physics of the collider something is "leaps and bounds". Let's see if that can be realized in a roundabout way without bouncing like a rubber ball.

Thanks for your prompt reply,and sorry for storm I kicked up, I guess I'm not alone in wanting this. I can totally see where you're coming from, what with needing new rockets and such if you were to add the Apollo to game.

on a completely different note, I was messing around with the Vostok yesterday, and managed, with a completely prototypical craft, to get out of  Kerbin orbit, and do a Duna fly-by, using only the re-entry motor. Don't you think that is just a little OP?

and again, thanks for making the terrific mod that is Tantares

Edited by CrazyCanuck

16 hours ago, hraban said:

Thank you @Beale. Yet I have been experimenting with colliders to docking by the guides, as in the original, to control. Unfortunately, the physics of the collider something is "leaps and bounds". Let's see if that can be realized in a roundabout way without bouncing like a rubber ball.

Pinging @sumghai and @cxg2827. They have both successfully implemented collidable docking guides 

2 hours ago, CrazyCanuck said:

Thanks for your prompt reply,and sorry for storm I kicked up, I guess I'm not alone in wanting this. I can totally see where you're coming from, what with needing new rockets and such if you were to add the Apollo to game.

on a completely different note, I was messing around with the Vostok yesterday, and managed, with a completely prototypical craft, to get out of  Kerbin orbit, and do a Duna fly-by, using only the re-entry motor. Don't you think that is just a little OP?

and again, thanks for making the terrific mod that is Tantares

Balance issues are out of my control, unfortunately. If you build a similar sized spacecraft with stock parts, I will wager you are able to make a Duna flyby also.

8 minutes ago, Brainpop14 said:

The names of the spacecraft folders are kinda confusing. All I want is the Soyuz spacecraft and rocket, the Proton, and Mir. what folders do I need to keep?

In Tantares, delete from the Parts folder all folders but these (For Soyuz and MIR only):

91786750aa.png

In TantaresLV, delete everything but these folders (For Proton and Soyuz Rocket only):

121caceacb.png 

Edited by Beale

3 hours ago, CrazyCanuck said:

I know I'm no @Beale, but the Apollo CSM is my next project over at BDB. :)

20 hours ago, hraban said:

From @sumghai's original experimentation's and my later implementations, the guide fins require to have a small amount of tolerance otherwise things get messy when the ports mesh up and hard dock. Without the tolerance they get seized up and cannot undock afterwards. Colliders can be a simple wedges or  in your case, slim tapered boxes.

Here comes dat boi...

087cff44c4.jpg
e5be8a97a1.jpg
ac2c57fb20.jpg

On 7/19/2016 at 4:29 AM, pTrevTrevs said:

I haven't used Tantares for a while now, but recently I installed it with SSRSS and started another attempt at building the ISS. This is attempt number... uh... damn... I've tried it so many times I forgot.

jaLfIzF.png

Unity and the PMAs are from HabTech.

Beautiful! Glad to see you try this again (My ambition never exceeds Salyut 7). :)

I'm having some weird issues with the "Alnair_LK_Parachute_A" part. When deployed, the chute itself does not appear, but the sound of it deploying happens, but the capsule will still crash into the water/ground.

I am not using any chute mods such as realchute. 

2 hours ago, Danny88 said:

I'm having some weird issues with the "Alnair_LK_Parachute_A" part. When deployed, the chute itself does not appear, but the sound of it deploying happens, but the capsule will still crash into the water/ground.

I am not using any chute mods such as realchute. 

Very strange! I will investigate (To tell the truth I have not played with these parts in some time, it is possible they have been damaged during a Unity re-export).

@Danny88 The issue is fixed!

954000e095.jpg

From the config, the "LK" section was missing from the animation name.

semiDeployedAnimation = Alnair_Parachute_A_Semi
fullyDeployedAnimation = Alnair_Parachute_A_Full

|
	|
	V

semiDeployedAnimation = Alnair_LK_Parachute_A_Semi
fullyDeployedAnimation = Alnair_LK_Parachute_A_Full

Cygnus

Wow! I am surprised that I can remember how to use Unity.

b5af92fd14.jpg
82bc32ad83.jpg
f396772e4f.jpg
fc1d6fbb35.jpg
9916c9b127.jpg
014c378773.jpg

More...

2cef78397f.jpg
93e850f956.jpg

Edited by Beale

On July 18, 2016 at 8:29 PM, pTrevTrevs said:

I haven't used Tantares for a while now, but recently I installed it with SSRSS and started another attempt at building the ISS. This is attempt number... uh... damn... I've tried it so many times I forgot.

jaLfIzF.png

Unity and the PMAs are from HabTech.

See? Tantares + HabTech = Great idea!
Add BDB and it's even better!

8 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

See? Tantares + HabTech = Great idea!
Add BDB and it's even better!

It does look pretty nice, but the CBMs from HabTech aren't playing nice (I found that out the hard way when I sent PMA 3 and the Z1 Truss up) so I may rebuild the entire station up to this point in the VAB, replacing the CBMs with tried and trusted Tantares 1.25 meter APAS ports.

IR is also tough to learn, so I probably won't be reconstructing the entire station with the Canadarms like I had hoped.

@Beale will be glad to hear that I have had no problems with the Tantares parts of the station so far, although every other mod is breaking down or not working quite right.

Nice to see the mod progress, gonna keep up making RO configs, so many changes yet to implement!

I will diversify the parts, first of all make duplicates of Soyuz parts to represent different iterations in the update process, from 7K-OK to Soyuz-TMA-M and different configurations of launcher tanks.

On 7/21/2016 at 11:14 PM, Danny88 said:

That last image. Is that an ISS node? Or some sort of transfer vehicle?

On 7/22/2016 at 1:05 AM, FlyMeToTheMinmus said:

It appears to be Extended Cygnus. Speakin of which, would you consider making a circular solar panel for it Beale?

That's right, it's the big 1.875m Cygnus.

It is taking a while to create, because of the very large amount of triangles that need fixing.
9979fc01b2.png

The automatically created beveled edges need to be fixed to a cleaner connection:
c59b3b30ac.png 2bd54bfe98.png

Circular solar panels, I will try, but I am not entirely sure how to go to do that :) 

On 7/22/2016 at 8:09 PM, Niemand303 said:

Nice to see the mod progress, gonna keep up making RO configs, so many changes yet to implement!

I will diversify the parts, first of all make duplicates of Soyuz parts to represent different iterations in the update process, from 7K-OK to Soyuz-TMA-M and different configurations of launcher tanks.

Hello & thanks! Very good to hear from you again Niemand.

Your plans for RO are quite exciting :D 

23 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

Has anyone made the NEM yet?

21 hours ago, hraban said:

Planed module for ISS. look here: http://www.russianspaceweb.com/nem.html

That's really nice, I had not seen it before.
It is very appropriate to build and something I would like to add to the mod, probably.

The Nauka is also cool.

48 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

It looks like one of the science and power modules for OPSEK.

Probably because it is

OPSEK also would make very good material for Tantares, too bad it is still quite far in the future (If it will happen at all?).

OPSEK station

Cygnus
ad03621528.jpg
936c953705.jpg

Edited by Beale