[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

8 hours ago, akron said:

Nice work so far, @Beale! As always. Oldest version of Tantares I could find in my archive is v12.1 for KSP 0.25 :wink:  (November 2014)

I also have v23 and v25.2 for KSP 1.02, if anyone still needs those

Can you dig in the v25.2 and see if it has a part called Vega_Node_B please? If it does then yes, I could use a copy.

I found this great site that tells how to identify the different versions of the N1 rocket , I think that the N1-7L and the N1-5L are the best looking ones... 

also the second and the third stage should look more like this, maybe they should have a some kind of shroud or when you attach a decoupler underneath, or maybe just a decoupler with intergrated fairing...

n1s2.jpg?width=620&height=600

Edited by NeoFatalis

Anyone have advice on where to get a good gridfin part for the N1 ?

A few here have posted screenshots of their N1 rockets with gridfins, but I can't find them in any of the major parts packs.
Am I blind?

16 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

A few here have posted screenshots of their N1 rockets with gridfins, but I can't find them in any of the major parts packs.
Am I blind?

Try USI Sounding Rockets by RoverDude. :wink:

Edited by VenomousRequiem

24 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

Am I blind?

KRE have some really big ones

Edited by NeoFatalis

25 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

Am I blind?

I think Lack's SXT adds grid fins (specifically to go with its version of the N1 actually, iirc)

The control issues I have with the N1 is that it is impossible to stabilize the gravity turn. (Keep in mind I do proper gravity turns.)  The rocket keeps wanting to flop all over the place and there isn't anyway to null it out.  It used to be fine.  But now I can't use it at all.  I wonder if it is the 64 bit version of the game that is causing it? Putting grid fins on the bottom stage might help, but then the second stage will flop all over the place.

All I do know is that I have stopped using the N1.

2 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Versions till 14.1 (and 15.5-Revamp) for 0.90 have this.

Thanks for that information. Hopefully one of the two chaps who answered earlier will have one of those archived and can send me a link,

47 minutes ago, Ratzap said:

Thanks for that information. Hopefully one of the two chaps who answered earlier will have one of those archived and can send me a link,

I have 52 old versions of Tantares, 33 of which contain that file. Do you have a preference (12.3 to 25.3)?

Here is the latest folder for Vega_Node_B

License is CC-Attribution-NC-SA, all credit to @Beale, I changed nothing.

Edited by Deimos Rast

3 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

I have 52 old versions of Tantares, 33 of which contain that file. Do you have a preference (12.3 to 25.3)?

Here is the latest folder for Vega_Node_B

License is CC-Attribution-NC-SA, all credit to @Beale, I changed nothing.

That helped yes but now it wants an ALV.Engine.B - also Tantares. If you could get me a link/copy to the 15.5 which kerbiloid mentioned I should be able to load the save thanks.

18 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Am I blind?

The grid fin I use (and is the closest in terms of historical accuracy for this booster) is from Contares. Then I use TweakScale to resize it for the N1.

4 hours ago, Ratzap said:

That helped yes but now it wants an ALV.Engine.B - also Tantares. If you could get me a link/copy to the 15.5 which kerbiloid mentioned I should be able to load the save thanks.

Bad news chief - that part doesn't exist anywhere. ALV.Engine.B or ALV_Engine_B are nonexistent in any of my files (KSP interprets underscores as periods in part names fyi). Even ALV has dubious results.

Here is 15.5 in its entirety. License same as before, credit same as before.

Let me know if I can help any more.

7 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Bad news chief - that part doesn't exist anywhere. ALV.Engine.B or ALV_Engine_B are nonexistent in any of my files (KSP interprets underscores as periods in part names fyi). Even ALV has dubious results.

Here is 15.5 in its entirety. License same as before, credit same as before.

Let me know if I can help any more.

Thanks form helping out!

ALV_Engine_B is part of TantaresLV mod, I'm not sure if there are old versions of that hidden somewhere.

@Ratzap, do you know what craft file you are trying to load? MIR? Zvezda? Zarya?
I have updated versions of those IRL craft I can provide you with (it will save you the headache of climbing through the Tantares legacy filth pile).

Edited by Beale

22 minutes ago, Beale said:

Thanks form helping out!

ALV_Engine_B is part of TantaresLV mod, I'm not sure if there are old versions of that hidden somewhere.

@Ratzap, do you know what craft file you are trying to load? MIR? Zvezda? Zarya?
I have updated versions of those IRL craft I can provide you with (it will save you the headache of climbing through the Tantares legacy filth pile).

oh, I just so happen to have that too (but only in 21 varieties this time :() . I'll track that down in a second.

Thanks.

EDIT:

@Ratzap smells like...VICTORY. Here you go. Version 11.1 is the latest, so I figured you'd want that (I have some 13 versions with that engine in it or near abouts, let me know if you have a different one in mind).

License is the same as before, credit same as before.

Edited by Deimos Rast

37 minutes ago, Beale said:

Thanks form helping out!

It wasn't one of the historic craft I'm afraid, just that one engine used.

32 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

oh, I just so happen to have that too (but only in 21 varieties this time :() . I'll track that down in a second.

Thanks.

EDIT:

@Ratzap smells like...VICTORY. Here you go. Version 11.1 is the latest, so I figured you'd want that (I have some 13 versions with that engine in it or near abouts, let me know if you have a different one in mind).

License is the same as before, credit same as before.

That came very close to working. I still have 4 flights failing (the debris doesn't matter of course) saying that liquidEngine2-2 is missing. But that cannot be right, that would be the Poodle missing.

Found it, the soviet conversion mod removes the poodle for some reason. I've put it back for now. Once I have these missions finished I can back the 3 changes out so the save doesn't die the same way next update.

Thanks for your help chaps.

On 8/4/2016 at 11:40 AM, NeoFatalis said:

also the second and the third stage should look more like this, maybe they should have a some kind of shroud or when you attach a decoupler underneath, or maybe just a decoupler with intergrated fairing...

As a matter of fact, all of the stages had a decoupling mechanism like that.

I saw a mention of CLS configs back on June 23 that mentioned they were in the spoilers?  I looked and did not see them there.  Searched for them on the forums, and only came up with an old config file on someone sig that was in dropbbox.  Anyone got a direct pointer or place to grab an up to date mm config that adds CLS to Tantares?  It was recommended to me by people that told me its the source of some good 2place capsules as well as a pile of other things, but I've had no luck finding the config.

21 hours ago, Leszek said:

The control issues I have with the N1 is that it is impossible to stabilize the gravity turn. (Keep in mind I do proper gravity turns.)  The rocket keeps wanting to flop all over the place and there isn't anyway to null it out.  It used to be fine.  But now I can't use it at all.  I wonder if it is the 64 bit version of the game that is causing it? Putting grid fins on the bottom stage might help, but then the second stage will flop all over the place.

All I do know is that I have stopped using the N1.

I'm using the 64-bit version, and the N1 performs solidly for me. So much so that I've abandoned attempts at making a Saturn V-ish analogue and kept with a Soviet-era moon programme.

20 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

I'm using the 64-bit version, and the N1 performs solidly for me. So much so that I've abandoned attempts at making a Saturn V-ish analogue and kept with a Soviet-era moon programme.

I wish I could understand the root cause of this issue.  The N1 is one of my favorites.

21 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

I saw a mention of CLS configs back on June 23 that mentioned they were in the spoilers?  I looked and did not see them there.  Searched for them on the forums, and only came up with an old config file on someone sig that was in dropbbox.  Anyone got a direct pointer or place to grab an up to date mm config that adds CLS to Tantares?  It was recommended to me by people that told me its the source of some good 2place capsules as well as a pile of other things, but I've had no luck finding the config.

Actually....I just now finished writing CLS configs for Tantares and came here to check if anyone else had. Probably should have done that first.

On account of the sheer size of this mod (good Lord, @Beale, I didn't realize the size of this thing!), it just hits the crew parts and some structural adapters. Feedback is of course welcome, as I don't have all the parts unlocked yet, and I went by configs for the most part. Also, Beale, you have a couple ports that are size0, but described as "crew transfer capable". I was under the impression size0 meant no crew (same size as Jr. ClampO), so I marked them as CLS impassible (a lot of your docking ports are size0 in fact). This is an easy change (make a false a true), but currently there will be players who read the description and say "But it says on the tin...."

:)

Spoiler

//-----------ATV-------------//
@PART[Capella_Structure_?]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
		passable = true
	}
}

//-----------FOBOS--------------//
@PART[Agena_Port_A]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
		passable = true // false = size0
	}
}

//--------------FUJI------------//
@PART[Polaris_Crew_A|Polaris_Orbital_A]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}

@PART[Polaris_Port_A]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
	}
}

//---------------LK-----------------//
// Optional (Korolev Lander)
//@PART[Libra_Crew_A]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
//{
//  MODULE
//	{
//		name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
//		passable = true
//	}
//}

//------------PROGRESS-----------------//
@PART[Hamal_Adapter_?]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}
@PART[Tantares_DockingCompartment_?|Hamal_Habitation_?|Hamal_Orbital_?|Hamal_Control_?]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}

//------------------SALYUT-------------------//
@PART[Vega_Crew_?|Vega_TrussCrew_A]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}
@PART[Vega_Node_A|Vega_NodeSupport_A]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}

//------------------------SOYUZ-----------------------//
@PART[Tantares_Crew_A]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}
@PART[Tantares_DockingMechanism_?|Tantares_Apas_A|Tantares_Apas_B]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}
@PART[Tantares_Orbital_?|Tantares_Habitation_?]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}
@PART[Tantares_Port_?]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
		passable = true // false = size0 // description says it allows crew though...
	}
}
@PART[Tantares_Apas_C]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
	}
}

//-----------------TKS----------------------//
@PART[Alnair_Crew_?|Alnair_Orbital_?]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]