[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Oh, you want some, I'll give it ya!! (ง à° ßلÃÅ“ á°)ง(ง à° ßلÃÅ“ á°)ง

How do you explain the Schlieffen Plan, huh??

Germany certainly did NOT "wander" into Belgium, although they did in Luxembourg. It was all part of the Schlieffen Plan.

It is pretty obvious he knew a war was coming, but he did nothing to prevent it.

Also, the triple alliance is further evidence, quite obviously a retaliation to the Triple entente.

The brits at no point whatsoever viewed Germany as a potential ally, because aligning with Germany would leave them against France, a foe they didn't want.

The triple entente is yet more evidence: if you look at the nations on a map, they surround Germany. That means they wanted to be able to defend.

I could point out the deployment of German Armies along the Western front days before war was declared but I think my work here is done.

Eh, you did, but I'll continue it via PM. Put the popcorn back.

Anyway, any chance we might see quasi-commercial satellites? Like the Meteor and Molniya ones?

Erm, yes guys please try and keep on the topic, if you like history, that's good, but it's not really the place (unless it's space related).

And, try to keep the mood festive :wink:

Commercial - I don't think so, maybe a mod like Box-Sat is good?

I have in mind some kind of craft like the early interplanetary probes, to complement landers:

mars3_iki.jpg

This: probably I make a generic Mars/Venus probe that is not based explicitly off either.

L12X.gif

This: Sample return? It has been discussed before.

I Sparked a WW1 Political Debate on a Space Simulator Forum. *Deep Breaths* My Work here... Is Done.

Off-topic or not, I love that this can happen in a thread, with cool heads, in this forum. It's a Christmas miracle. :)

Beale! Personally, I think racks would be cooler, and a bit truer to the OG ATV. Cardboard is cute, but totally impractical, but also totally Kerbal if that's what you're going for. Racks on all four sides with a cardboard box or two hanging about would be neat. I think however you decide to do it, you need a bread box to store your precious sentient space-bread.

Off-topic or not, I love that this can happen in a thread, with cool heads, in this forum. It's a Christmas miracle. :)

Beale! Personally, I think racks would be cooler, and a bit truer to the OG ATV. Cardboard is cute, but totally impractical, but also totally Kerbal if that's what you're going for. Racks on all four sides with a cardboard box or two hanging about would be neat. I think however you decide to do it, you need a bread box to store your precious sentient space-bread.

Racks are sorta there, ehm, need some horizontal ones.

Basically hope to have the boxes constrained by racks or netting (I actually really like RoverDude's netting on MKS).

What I want to create inside is the atmosphere that a Kerbal shouldn't really be there during flight.

fce945028a.jpg

7c8b82737b.jpg

Perhaps people will prefer realism, ehm...

I will see if this turns out how I imagined, the design of the model - quite easy to remove boxes and try something else.

Edited by Beale

Oh chute, I missed that one history argument, it's a pitty, since it's mostly what I do in... our dark part of Internet, let's name it this way.

Anyway, guys, don't be silly. Second Empire is not only WWI, it's also almost a half of 19 century and several years before WWI. I had myself space stations "Koenig", "Bismark" (for unification of Germany) and an ATV-based vehicle "Himmelwagen" (oldfags may remember my screenshots of Koenig + Himmelwagen) and so on.

Beale, I think that you may find interesting that most of Russian satellites and probes had unified base, the KAUR (ÃÅ¡ÃÂãà, ÚþÑÂüøчõÑÂúøù ÃÂÿÿðрðт ãýøфøцøрþòðýýþóþ àÑÂôð/Space Vehicle of Unified Type) which had 4 versions, so making these as probe cores with engines, the same way you did the FOBO might be an interesting option:

http://www.astronautix.com/fam/kaur1.htm

http://www.astronautix.com/fam/kaur2.htm

http://www.astronautix.com/fam/kaur3.htm

http://www.astronautix.com/fam/kaur4.htm

Also, Merry Christmas, guys! :)

What I want to create inside is the atmosphere that a Kerbal shouldn't really be there during flight.

You are totally right! But... Boxes made of cardboard... Too budget for the super-technological station!:D I think there is need in something like suitcases or "Soft Containers" (You can see them on the picture) But it's only my opinion, maybe someone loves cardboard.

fish_eye_Col.JPG

Okay, I think the consensus is on a more high tech ATV :) after some thought, I agree.

@Niemand thanks for the links! I think something modular may be interesting!

@Cydonian Monk - I love it! Happy holidays my man!

But for now, I am off to go. There is things to be done, festive things! I'll return to modding when my hangover subsides!

Here's something I've been doing...

Launch on board a Proton

jtQ7U63.png

The station is in a polar orbit so it will have an oppurtunity to photograph every spot on Kerbin

55uMO4g.png

Almaz in orbit. A three member crew will be sent on a TKS for a two month expedition.

TymWp8L.png

The station has several cameras on board for top secret photoreconnaissance.

Ah, I'm afraid it was scrapped when 0.25 and stock crew transfer became available... Ehm, I should remove it from the mod compatibility list.

I know the stock system is less refined, but at the cost of maintaining the CLS list, I

I considered it best to go with.

Ah, alright. Well, if it's okay I went ahead and wrote a CLS config for anyone who would like to use it, I just went off how I think the modules should work: https://www.dropbox.com/s/icnr9lf217115ae/Tantares_Extra_CLS.cfg?dl=0

Feel free to add it to the OP and I'll maintain it for each update if you'd like.

Edited by NumberNegative