[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Soyuz Advanced Docking Mechanisms Beta + Mir 6-Way Revamp Preview:

http://i.imgur.com/WI356XJ.gif

Beta Dropbox Download (When you download, please try to break it and make it do ugly things so I can make it better.)

Currently, the beta parts have different names than the existing docking mechanisms, so they will NOT replace your existing ports and break saves. When these docking mechanisms do get released, they will replace your existing 0.9375m probe and drogue docking ports. Don't worry, they don't break saves. All you have to do is reattach them in the editor as the dimensions are slightly different. Nothing catastrophic.

http://i.imgur.com/kVooNsf.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/FYgAyx3.png

http://i.imgur.com/pszUO8n.png

http://i.imgur.com/4xpMUO0.gif

INSTRUCTIONS:

• Prior to docking, make sure the docking probe is extended.

• Once soft-dock has occurred, rotate to desired position, then click "Retract Probe" from the actions menu to initiate hard-dock.

• Make sure when you undock, the probe is still retracted. If you undock with the probe extended, it'll fling your spacecraft apart violently. If you don't extend or retract the probe while already docked, this will be a non-issue.

Beale has the source model files, and once he touches up the textures, he'll send them back to me for Unity export and eventual release.

I've also greatly improved and revamped the Vega/Mir Node. It's modeled, but not really textured. Texturing is Beale's area of expertise, not mine. :P

http://i.imgur.com/2JgLZiw.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/gcP3U8t.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/wtVbUSi.png

nice work! I hope you know what "Ficcare" means in Italian... lol

Soyuz Advanced Docking Mechanisms Beta + Mir 6-Way Revamp Preview:

INSTRUCTIONS:

ummm instructions unclear...

your download contains only CFG and MU files...

what do I do with them? how can i see and test the parts ingame? (<-- noob-question?)

BUT: It definatly looks awesome!!! :cool:

Wikionary defines it first as a verb: "to put something in something else"...

Well, that's basically it's purpose. I may ask the resident Italian what he thinks about the name... It may mean more than the literal translation.

ummm instructions unclear...

your download contains only CFG and MU files...

what do I do with them? how can i see and test the parts ingame? (<-- noob-question?)

BUT: It definatly looks awesome!!! :cool:

Apologies. I should have been more clear. I assumed people would know what to do. Put both the .mu and .cfg files in your GameData/Tantares/Parts/SOYUZ folder. They will NOT replace the current docking ports, just exist alongside for now.

PLEASE try to do ugly things with them and break them. Don't integrate them into your designs fully yet, as they'll get removed when Beale updates. Just test them out. :)

Just curious, are we talking days or weeks on the "official" upgrade featuring these? Would like to know if I should delay my next launch is all.

Totally up to Beale. They need texture cleanup from him before I can export them from Unity. I wouldn't launch them on anything you want to keep for sure. Make sure you remove them from your craft files as well. They're specifically for testing.

I assumed it was fairy literal translation of the word "poke". Please tell me it's not a strong innuendo... :P

Just call it "poke", in English, it makes more sense to everyone :P

Just curious, are we talking days or weeks on the "official" upgrade featuring these? Would like to know if I should delay my next launch is all.

Sorry to say I'm working a little slowly. So, I think:

2 weeks?

Will include:

- Luna-9

- Texture Updates

- New MIR node

And.

0.9375m Shenzhou

823d6c1583.jpg

So, not a huge update. But, housekeeping :)

I do not know how Curtquarquesso's parts will be renamed for release. Have not had the time to decide all that yet, but yes crafts will be at some risk if using them (But, hey as long as you hold onto the beta parts they're safe)

Edited by Beale

)

in English, ANYthing can be an uncouth euphemism. :D

Totally up to Beale. They need texture cleanup from him before I can export them from Unity. I wouldn't launch them on anything you want to keep for sure. Make sure you remove them from your craft files as well. They're specifically for testing.

So the experimental docking port would still be in the part list after the upgrade, right? So I could swap it out in situ with KIS after the official release?

in English, ANYthing can be an uncouth euphemism. :D

So the experimental docking port would still be in the part list after the upgrade, right? So I could swap it out in situ with KIS after the official release?

I'll try to explain. Basically, the name in the configs for the beta docking ports are Tantares_DockingMechanism_Z and Y respectively. The existing 0.9375m docking mechanisms are named Tantares_DockingMechanism_A and B respectively.

I named the beta parts suffix Z and Y so they would not conflict with or overwrite the existing ports allowing them to exist independently for comparison and experimentation. If all goes well and the docking mechanisms are updated to my revised models, the Z and Y named ports I released will be DELETED, and the A and B ports will be updated to the new model. ANY craft file or vessel containing the Z and Y ports will NOT be able to load. You'll get the "craft could not be loaded because X part is missing" message. I intended the ports for testing, not for play.

I would not use them in anything you want to use long term, especially in career. Use them in sandbox mode and mess around with them.

I'm looking for name suggestions for the craft in my crewed Eve mission which will use mostly Tantares parts. I want names for the following:

Crew Transfer Vehicle (moderately large craft, assembled in orbit, houses four kerbals

Gilly Lander (light, two Kerbal craft, based on same principles as LK

Eve High Atmosphere Plane (yeah, maybe I'm crazy, I plan to use this for a pass into Eve's upper atmosphere)

Eve Descent Probe(s)(heavy probe to be sent into Eve's atmosphere by the crew)

Any other vehicles anyone can think of (not an Eve lander, no way, I'm not ready for that)

Sorry to say I'm working a little slowly. So, I think:

2 weeks?

Will include:

- Luna-9

- Texture Updates

- New MIR node

And.

0.9375m Shenzhou

http://puu.sh/kRrbj/823d6c1583.jpg

So, not a huge update. But, housekeeping :)

I do not know how Curtquarquesso's parts will be renamed for release. Have not had the time to decide all that yet, but yes crafts will be at some risk if using them (But, hey as long as you hold onto the beta parts they're safe)

Erm. I'm not sure it's appropriate way to land Shenzhou...

Will the next update include the fregat as well?

It will be included in next release of TantaresLV :)

Erm. I'm not sure it's appropriate way to land Shenzhou...

On Gilly, anything goes! :wink:

Docking Node.

Thanks Curtquarquesso for the model! (He needs to share the technique to produce this shape :wink: ) Far better than previous shape.

Node (and small cap part) will share this 256x256 sheet.

612898376d.jpg

cd9bb829a7.jpg

0e8dc71411.jpg

Edited by Beale

In some Italian regions "Ficcare" it's a rough way of meaning a sexual intercourse lol

Sorry for OP btw

Yup.

This kind of double meaning is similar to why I don't use Russian words on the parts much :D

On another note. I am undecided what to do next. TKS parts, or this "Duna lander". The TKS will take a while. No save breaking, but a lot of texture work!

Again also, I will try to include an IVA for Vostok in next release too.

Edited by Beale

Docking Node.

Thanks Curtquarquesso for the model! (He needs to share the technique to produce this shape :wink: ) Far better than previous shape.

Node (and small cap part) will share this 256x256 sheet.

http://puu.sh/kSaBv/612898376d.jpg

http://puu.sh/kSaxL/cd9bb829a7.jpg

http://puu.sh/kSaOx/0e8dc71411.jpg

On another note. I am undecided what to do next. TKS parts, or this "Duna lander". The TKS will take a while. No save breaking, but a lot of texture work!

Oh my gosh! That looks so nice! It's perfect. So cool to see it textured. I'll post the technique a littler later today. It involved circularizing a square. :)

Personally, as far as what to do next goes:

1. Docking port and ATV solar panel texture cleanup. Then I can shoot them back to you exported and possibly send you the unity scene. It's not too large.

2. Scale the PLV up to 2.5m to support Enhanced Cynus.

3. Soyuz solar panel revamp?

4. Release all updated parts to date including Fregat and Lunar probe.

5. Begin Fuji revamp before totally new parts.

Don't worry about the APAS remodel for now. I've got something in the works that should be really neat. :)

In some Italian regions "Ficcare" it's a rough way of meaning a sexual intercourse lol

Sorry for OP btw

Then it's agreed. The name will go. Any other clever suggestions that aren't inadvertent innuendos? :P

Edited by curtquarquesso

Then it's agreed. The name will go. Any other clever suggestions that aren't inadvertent innuendos? :P

The classic designations of "probe" and "drogue" would be fine for this style of docking system.

Oh my gosh! That looks so nice! It's perfect. So cool to see it textured. I'll post the technique a littler later today. It involved circularizing a square. :)

Personally, as far as what to do next goes:

1. Docking port and ATV solar panel texture cleanup. Then I can shoot them back to you exported and possibly send you the unity scene. It's not too large.

2. Scale the PLV up to 2.5m to support Enhanced Cynus.

3. Soyuz solar panel revamp?

4. Release all updated parts to date including Fregat and Lunar probe.

5. Begin Fuji revamp before totally new parts.

Don't worry about the APAS remodel for now. I've got something in the works that should be really neat. :)

I vote TKS

Also are we making a docking port? I suggest push pin or thumb tac

Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback. Yes I think existing things need to be cleaned up before going forward.

The ATV solar panels would be useful, I'm ashamed to say I think I have lost them.

I vote for Duna Lander while doing that go with curtquarquesso's method

PS: Are you going to make it a nested design with Blacsky33's help?

I like Blacsky33's parts very much, but split parts in general do suffer from some problems I would like to avoid.

Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback. Yes I think existing things need to be cleaned up before going forward.

The ATV solar panels would be useful, I'm ashamed to say I think I have lost them.

Don't worry about the ATV solar panels for now. I'm revising them. When I looked back at the files, I realized how rough they were. I can do so much better now. :)