[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

5 minutes ago, si2504 said:

Guys, my LOC parts have no texture to them and keep showing up like this. what's happening?TQRC6aE.jpg

e6TnzUV.jpg

Hey these parts are now deprecated and have been replaced with newer parts, if you updated from an older version of Tantares. Search "Mir"in the VAB :)

12 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

are those with things sats or nukes? or anti-sattelite weapons?

Thankfully (well, it's all relative) just anti satellite weapons. Sources not great on this one, so I need to research it out a bit more

32 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

That’s... terrifying. I wonder what the civilian uses in KSP will be.

Space debris debri-ifiers of course!

1 hour ago, Daniel Prates said:

oh so that's how they reproduce! Nature huh?

:D

18 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

are those with things sats or nukes? or anti-sattelite weapons?

Those look like kinetic-kill anti-satellite weapons, meant to be spin-stabilized, accelerated with a tiny SRB, and set on an impact trajectory of several hundred meters per second with the target using the SRB burn and tiny RCS corrections. I hope we never see one used for war.

13 minutes ago, si2504 said:

Guys, my LOC parts have no texture to them and keep showing up like this. what's happening?TQRC6aE.jpg

e6TnzUV.jpg

Those parts have been depreciated, their textures and localization strings have been removed. They won't show up in the normal VAB editor pane, but they apparently do show up in Community Category Kit mod categories. There are replacements now with better art. Also, FYI, you can take screenshots of KSP by pressing F1 anywhere, instead of taking cellphone pictures of your screen.

EDIT: Ninja'd :ph34r:

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron

53 minutes ago, si2504 said:

anywhere I can find the Zarya craft? the MIR one is included within the craft files but don't see one for Zarya. thanks

Look at the first post. There is a link to Fritznit`s Tantares WIKI and here are the craftfiles. There is a craftfile for the Zarya.

Edited by Cheesecake

10 hours ago, oniontrain said:

Should I deorbit my almaz based stations now? I notice the Vega size 1 to 2 adapter has the deprecated texture on it

This part actually should not be deprecated yet, do you have a picture? (They will be deprecated in this new Almaz and Progress updated incoming).

Almaz-T radar.

0TLvViA.jpeg
PLL1uGP.jpeg

I already smashed it into the Mun but just the adapter part had the flat grey unshaded texture on it, I'm using 1.11 and Tantares 23.2 off of CKAN. It might be the same with the fairing parts left over from 1.10 and I just never noticed it?

jNIFui4.png

Edited by oniontrain

1 hour ago, oniontrain said:

I already smashed it into the Mun but just the adapter part had the flat grey unshaded texture on it, I'm using 1.11 and Tantares 23.2 off of CKAN. It might be the same with the fairing parts left over from 1.10 and I just never noticed it?

Hide contents

jNIFui4.png

OH!

Are you on KSP 1.10.0  by any chance?

This particular update broke mods with fairings, KSP 1.10.1 fixed this issue, if you are able to update.

EDIT: completely glossed over your message! Could you try latest spacedock versionb by any chance? I will try to find out what's going on with CKAN.

Edited by Beale

Is there a set of configs for this mod to add USI-LS resources to the transport spacecraft (Soyuz, TKS, FGB, Progress)?

If not, I'll start working on one myself. But I don't want to put in the work if others have already done it for me.

On 1/12/2021 at 2:13 PM, Daniel Prates said:

@Beale i was wondering, now that you made your own 'camera' plugin for the probes mod, why don't you integrate it into the 'octans periscope'? I know it exists only to make the soyuz look more realistic but adding the camera would also make the part useful. 

That would give the periscope some much needed extra use.

On 1/12/2021 at 7:13 PM, Daniel Prates said:

@Beale i was wondering, now that you made your own 'camera' plugin for the probes mod, why don't you integrate it into the 'octans periscope'? I know it exists only to make the soyuz look more realistic but adding the camera would also make the part useful. 

I'll see what I can do!

On 1/16/2021 at 4:52 AM, Kilo60 said:

I'm not able to load any craft files in 1.11 with any previous Tanares parts...

Missing a ton?

I.E> Eridani.antenna/Eridanie.Crew/Eridani.Solar...etc!

What can I do?

It sounds like old mir parts were in the craft file, these have been deprecated in the last ksp version and replaced with new updated mir parts.
You can rollback to the previous couiple version of Tantares (check the changelog to see when the Mir was updated) to get this old craft back.
When parts are deprecated, they stay around for one version after they are removed, but it has been two versions now (so these parts were removed completely).

More elusive Mir-2 parts.
This time fitting in with the honourable Progress.

C1wYHAh.jpg
wze3bHL.jpg

Rough  mockup
wjk8fn9.jpg

22 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Looks awesome!

Many thanks!

13 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

Mir 2?

That's right, there were a few different designs for Mir-2, these modules are from the cheapest option, which would use small Progress based laboratories, rather than FGB/tks style

mir1593.gif

19 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Does anyone have a link to the ISS craft file with the Tantares parts/Soyuz docked capsule..?

Mine is missing too many parts after the last update and will no longer load.

Thanks!

Friznit has a great selection of craft files on the Wiki, I don't think there is any with Soyuz docked, but you can use both files and dock them-in game, or in the VAB.

https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-Tantares-Wiki

M2 coming nicely.

Both short and long have a mesh variant to have a full 1.875m drum.

WPJocSl.jpeg
trA3421.jpeg
qtRtEil.jpg

1 minute ago, Beale said:

Friznit has a great selection of craft files on the Wiki, I don't think there is any with Soyuz docked, but you can use both files and dock them-in game, or in the VAB.

https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-Tantares-Wiki

M2 coming nicely.

Both short and long have a mesh variant to have a full 1.875m drum.

WPJocSl.jpeg
trA3421.jpeg
qtRtEil.jpg

On 1/10/2021 at 10:39 PM, wasmic said:

Is there a set of configs for this mod to add USI-LS resources to the transport spacecraft (Soyuz, TKS, FGB, Progress)?

If not, I'll start working on one myself. But I don't want to put in the work if others have already done it for me.

Sorry delaying to answer. Unfortunately I don't think any configs currently exist. I don't know if @RoverDude bundles configs with the mod itself now, or if mods provide their own setup?

I think there were some configs in the past, but they are grown out of date due to new parts coming, old parts going.

Edited by Beale