[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

11 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

Fuji Engine: Panel divisions on the nozzle make no sense. I was thinking more like this: 

7509fe07ba.png

This is the engine that's used on my Cygnus revamp, and it's meant to look a bit like the hypergolic thrusters that Japan supplies for various purposes. ATV, HTV, and Cygnus all utilize this engine. Being of Japanese origin, it'd be nice to have them look somewhat similar. Smooth, specular, and simple. Avoid the monotone look, and make the nozzle dark and sleek like it was in the old Fuji.

Fuji Solar Arrays: I think you need to keep the angled brackets, or they'll be mistaken for other panels in the thumbnails. They're too similar to the Tantares panel visually. 

Groovy!
Compressed the texture to 128x32

8effeae13c.jpgbe8aa58ce1.jpg

The solar panels, you make a good point - but there is a problem!

The brackets connect to the centre of the fuel tank, where mine connect to the edges. 
To include the brackets, the solar panels would extend really far out.

aefc1a1151.jpg

32 minutes ago, Beale said:

Imagine you could have one, and only one.

Catch what I am saying? :wink: 

77d8142ca9.jpg

It's somebody noticed that EM-001 and the orbital module right carrying an additional 'Fuji' command module on top?

1 hour ago, Svm420 said:

I like yellow first then the white one

1 hour ago, hraban said:

Not the yellow diving bell! :confused:
Not the balloon without air (Russian)
Well then remains only one version!
:)

2 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

The white one looks just glorious. Very distinctive.

Interesting scatter of opinions :) 

6 minutes ago, Andem said:

@Beale

Would you be open to me making an addon to this using the Russian gray style to make parts to fit with other mods?

Sure thing :)

What exactly do you have in mind? 

OMG I really like the Russian one. The white one (International?) is cool too, but I feel like a Russian-ized Fuji would be extremely appropriate for this mod. Plus we can build the SM right now with Alnair SM (just need green texture, or make a bigger Soyuz SM to fit), and then just need the Orbital Module. I say stay away from the American one as it looks like the Fuji capsule is larger than the others (based on the size of the SM below it, unless it's just a small fuel tank as the engine nozzle looks about the same size as the others) and that OM is huge! So to do the yellow one would you need a 3m Fuji Capsule? Just seems like a lot of work. The Russian and International one would be easy to make (I think) and the SM on the white one looks awesome with the 4 engine nozzles. But if I had to choose only one I'd choose the Russian one.

2 hours ago, Beale said:

Interesting scatter of opinions :) 

Sure thing :)

What exactly do you have in mind? 

Probably some base parts that could line up with KPBS parts, a workshop for OSE, perhaps a KSCSwitcher config. I'll probably start with my mod list and go from there, But I'm always open to suggestions.