[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

6 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

...I'm also using KJR... 

4/4 Now.

I will ask on the KJR thread.

4 minutes ago, lagcity613 said:

Made a little patch to give everything but manned capsules tweakscale functionality. https://www.dropbox.com/s/iog5zzsa7hol0pc/FoxTantaresScalePatch.cfg?dl=0

Enjoy :)

Great stuff! 

Many will appreciate this.

6 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Is it like... Free scaling? 

Yep, just gave it the free tweakscale type, I've found it to be the easiest one out of all of them to use - at least in my opinion. Oh, I see the tweakscale patch that comes with tweakscale, but for some reason it's not working in my install :/

Edited by lagcity613

2 minutes ago, lagcity613 said:

Yep, just gave it the free tweakscale type, I've found it to be the easiest one out of all of them to use - at least in my opinion.

Woo! Thanks, man. Any plan on adding the manned capsules? I'd like to use the VA capsule for uh... Science, But it needs to be 2.5m. 

15 minutes ago, hendrack said:

Right, no KJR this time, still wonky gimbal. Third try with 6(!) verniers and 3 big fat wings worked. :D

Glad to see some success, but something still feels very wrong there! Are you starting the turn, or is it naturally sloping that way?

Just a minute ago, I launched the ATV on Proton, no verniers or fins - no issues.

But: here are the changes made.

- Changed node strength to 3, instead of 2 (2 is probably fine though, no major difference in performance).

- Reduced Engine A ISP to 300

- Reduced Motor A ISP to 305

- Reduced Motor B ISP to 310

1bf9a4a8f5.jpg

Edited by Beale

48 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Woo! Thanks, man. Any plan on adding the manned capsules? I'd like to use the VA capsule for uh... Science, But it needs to be 2.5m. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5x98h4vqhy99b85/FoxTantaresScalePatch.cfg?dl=0

Here ya go, fixed the scaling and I gave the crewed pods a unique scaling type - you can only scale them up, not down.

Edited by lagcity613

1 hour ago, hendrack said:

Right now 90% of mod issues are caused  by CKAN. Tomorrow I do a clean install and test again.

Which is why you couldn't pay me to use CKAN. Bad mojo.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

41 minutes ago, Beale said:

Glad to see some success, but something still feels very wrong there! Are you starting the turn, or is it naturally sloping that way?

Just a minute ago, I launched the ATV on Proton, no verniers or fins - no issues.

But: here are the changes made.

- Changed node strength to 3, instead of 2 (2 is probably fine though, no major difference in performance).

- Reduced Engine A ISP to 300

- Reduced Motor A ISP to 305

- Reduced Motor B ISP to 310

1bf9a4a8f5.jpg

Did a Stock KSP reinstall, Mechjeb and Tantares only.  Flew the same configuration as you, and flippity flip! Also just put a progress command module on top, and still flippity flip.  To me it appears that the not-a-proton-don't-sue-us has reversed aerodynamics.  Instead of wanting to point the nose into the wind, it wants to point it's rear to the wind.  Both the first stage and second stage do this.  Great for landing like the Falcon 9, but not great for getting into space.  I'd suggest downloading your own mod and seeing if those files are behaving.  Perhaps also reinstalling KSP.  Might also need to do the debugging dance of software testing.

Back to the Puzzle of the Loopy Protons for a moment; for those using MechJeb, limit the angle of attack to 3-3.5°. It's not a great solution, but it's workable until you can fine-tune an ascent profile you're happy with.

Hello! I love this mod so much, especially the rockets! It's probably my favorite mod. I just downloaded the one with Mir, Soyuz, Salyut, Progress, and such but I cannot figure out how to build the more famous Soviet and Russian crafts , specifically, Soyuz, the LK lander, and Progress. Do you have a tutorial or build instructions page for any of those? Thanks.

45 minutes ago, IronCretin said:

The USI life support config doesn't seem to work. None of the orbital modules or progress parts have supplies.

Pods don't hold supplies in USILS. Pods have Hab time, there are separate tanks for supplies.

On TweakScale, I'll get to it ASAP. There are some changes I've made. Tomorrow I'll upload a fresh batch of configs. Thanks for being patient. I'm going to ask @pellinor to remove the current patch for Tantares as to not confuse people, but I think either @pellinor should distribute the patch with TweakScale, or @Beale should distribute it with Tantares. It's Beale's call though. I'm still available to maintain, but I imagine it's inconvenient for people to keep having to re-download the patch every time Tantares gets update, which compared to most mods, is pretty frequently. 

I like the parts, but am totally confused about docking.  I've docked the Tantares probe/drogue pair easily.  They just work.  Now I'm trying with the larger pair and cannot get anywhere.  Extand, retract, backoff and try again ... I'm just bumping parts.

Are these meant to dock with each other?  If not, is there a list somewhere showing exactly which go with which?  If I am wrong about these two, there is no clear instruction in-game.

TDP-MD-350 "Ficcare" Docking Probe + TDD-MD-350 "Imbuto" Docking Drogue

****  Edit, might this be the problem.  The CFGs for these two parts list them both as "genderFemale= true"  Mistake?

"

title        = TDP-M0-350 “Ficcare” Docking Probe [...]
{
    name = ModuleDockingNode
    referenceAttachNode = top
    animCaptureOff = false
    gendered = true
    genderFemale = true
    nodeType = size1    
}

title        = TDD-M0-350 “Imbuto” Docking Drogue [...]

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleDockingNode
    referenceAttachNode = top
    gendered = true
    genderFemale = true
    nodeType = size1    
}

*****  Update 2.  I changed the Ficcare to "genderFemale = false" and the parts docked.  That fixed the problem on my end.  Has anyone else faced this?

xfwioXf.png

Edited by Sandworm

On 4/20/2016 at 9:56 PM, hendrack said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qln495ayvmjo55o/_Extra_USILifeSupport.cfg?dl=0

I updated the USI MM patch. I reduced the mulch to almost nothing. USI parts have their own mulch containers, so either you just restock your orbital stations and throw mulch out of the window, or use USI-LS parts anyway. Also, there is no need to add replacement parts, since USI has a MM patch that adds that resource to command pods (which most Tantares parts in this MM patch are anyway). I have not encountered any problems in MKS-Lite or OKS/UKS.

@Beale missed this before the update. 

Btw the Habtech modpack goes very well with USI and Tantares stations. They got some nice looking science labs, supplies containers and even basic life support. Thats nice if you only want MKS-Lite and not the full UKS/OKS chain.

Edited by hendrack

7 hours ago, Joeybafoey said:

Hello! I love this mod so much, especially the rockets! It's probably my favorite mod. I just downloaded the one with Mir, Soyuz, Salyut, Progress, and such but I cannot figure out how to build the more famous Soviet and Russian crafts , specifically, Soyuz, the LK lander, and Progress. Do you have a tutorial or build instructions page for any of those? Thanks.

https://kerbalx.com/CaptKordite/craft

One of the crafts report a missing docking port, just remove that from the craft file with an editor.

That mod has a nice Soyuz skin for its fuel tank.

Edited by hendrack

10 hours ago, Beale said:

sherlock.jpg?1358527625

Interesting... 3/4 reports so far using KJR.

@VenomousRequiem, were you using KJR too?

I am not using KJR, though there are for sure problems with wobble and control, nothing as bad as I see above.

I think that almost 3/4 of the entire player base of KSP uses KJR. Stock settings require struts for everything... KJR should be included in the game, absolutely