[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

okay: bobcat has redone the Soyuz. take a look here : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81754-Release-BobCat-Ind-Space-Planet-products

EDIT: took bobcat's Soyuz for a testride

-stillmistakes on the eninges for the lifter Rocket (missing verniernozzles on boosters, wrong angle of nozzles of second stange)

-shape of the enginehousing for the Servicemodule not right

-RCS very well done to be realistic on Soyuz TMA

so Beale, if you want a realistic RCS configuration for your Tantares, look at Bobcats Soyuz TMA .... but i still like the Kerberlversion of it in the current version :) because you can easly use the twoway RCSports for other spacecrafts (like proves and satelites or microlanders)

Edited by Darth Lazarus

okay: bobcat has redone the Soyuz. take a look here : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81754-Release-BobCat-Ind-Space-Planet-products

EDIT: took bobcat's Soyuz for a testride

-stillmistakes on the eninges for the lifter Rocket (missing verniernozzles on boosters, wrong angle of nozzles of second stange)

-shape of the enginehousing for the Servicemodule not right

-RCS very well done to be realistic on Soyuz TMA

so Beale, if you want a realistic RCS configuration for your Tantares, look at Bobcats Soyuz TMA .... but i still like the Kerberlversion of it in the current version :) because you can easly use the twoway RCSports for other spacecrafts (like proves and satelites or microlanders)

Hi!

I'll check out bobcat's when I can.

The current 2-way RCS ports will remain. But they will have a better mesh hopefully (still low-profile).

hey Beale! first of all i wish a nice weekend

so the small tiny 2-way RCS port will stay? YAY ! perfect :D i love teh low profil and the overall look of it. it's still kerbal like but very unique. and teh game neeeeeds more RCS ports (wich look like stock)

You really think?

Could you elaborate a little bit? :)

It's not that I'm too picky, but it becomes really something similar to HGR's pods.

I do like Tantares for its' design - stylish, plain, minimalist, nice. It's really to my taste.

Btw. would be nice to be able to build unmanned transportation ship (Progress-M like).

Edited by Horus
additional info

It's not that I'm too picky, but it becomes really something similar to HGR's pods.

I do like Tantares for its' design - stylish, plain, minimalist, nice. It's really to my taste.

Btw. would be nice to be able to build unmanned transportation ship (Progress-M like).

Well, each to their own I suppose, the old Tantares won't be over-written by the new one (different naming conventions), so it can still be used :) .

I would argue the newer design is even more minimalist than the old one, much fewer "panel lines" about.

I imagined the comparisons to HGR would be made when adding the circular windows, but it is unavoidable really, I still think it is different enough, with the style, shape, colour (and probably the biggest distinction, smaller).

I greatly admire the Soy-Juice and OrionKermin has been incredibly helpful with assistance and modding support, so I'd hate to be treading on anyone's work.

Regardless, thanks for feedback!

Progress!No I mean on the Soyuz, there hasn't been any progress on the Progress.

a6db9dc7b5.jpg

17ba9bf7af.jpg

96ab116dae.jpg

30714b9caf.jpg

a0a6f60788.jpg

Forgot the damn RCS ports!

Can serve as backup propulsion.

06eb44d0d7.jpg

debfbaa87f.jpg

Really would like a flag decal on the body, if I can figure it out...

e88653acca.jpg

Edited by Beale

omg-tastic ! i love the new look ... looks so clean, so stock, so Soyuzish ! :cool:

very well done

THAT looks AMAZING!

Glad people like it :) .

Parachute also has a make-over.

8086b3faa5.jpg

Pattern is Kerbal-play on the real one. (Rotated stripes)

e1ed4fca52.jpg

Hanging by a thread...

742b323d80.jpg

A very Kerbal description, it of course can be packed like any other chute.

bba7425cf3.jpg

Old "Painted" windows, vs. new ones. There is no going back.

d1bf603f7a.jpg

Docked with Vega, eh, everything needs an art pass. But TKS is up next.

88e6eda718.jpg

RCS ports redone.

5a68f48217.jpg

Style of Neptune console.

2ec993dff8.jpg

Edited by Beale

is Neptune the name for the TKS?

also, from what I saw in the earlier photos, I think that the back part of the TKS should be at more of an angle.

Hi!

The Neptune is the panel used in the real Soyuz!

soytmpnl.jpg

9676e03c46.jpg

Current IVA WIP

You are right on the TKS angle for the OMS, it has been tweaked a bit, using schematic drawings to get it close to perfect.

Also for the TKS I settled on the name for as "Alnair" :)

Really would like a flag decal on the body, if I can figure it out...

They're supposed to be easy enough, you just need a named transform that's a textured something (not necessarily a quad even) and MODULE { name = FlagDecal textureQuadName = thatTransformName }

They're supposed to be easy enough, you just need a named transform that's a textured something (not necessarily a quad even) and MODULE { name = FlagDecal textureQuadName = thatTransformName }

Makes sense (I was trying something stupid) I'll give it a go when I can.

Can I just say you are an absolute star Mihara, I just finished the new IVA and your props are beautiful!

p8FFgrD.jpg

lJ2wuUE.jpg

i8qqLEG.jpg

OH MY GOG THAT LOOKS FANTASTIC!

do the flags work on the neptune?

Oh you bet they do :wink:

I'll try a more unique flag in another screenshot to demonstrate...

EDIT:

Here, you see the EXT. camera function and see the flag function, the lever on the door also allow EVA.

Two MFDs alone might be restricting to some, but it fits well I think. And hey, the real Soyuz pilots make do with it!

417b4023df.jpg

Edited by Beale

Amazing work,when released?

Hi & Thanks!

Only the Orbital Module IVA remains, I did the crew module IVA in a couple of hours, so that shouldn't be too much.

As long as people don't mind the new Tantares having identical stats to the old Tantares, then not long!

Oh, also the OM will now only seat one. I think this makes more sense for balance.

Hi & Thanks!

Only the Orbital Module IVA remains, I did the crew module IVA in a couple of hours, so that shouldn't be too much.

As long as people don't mind the new Tantares having identical stats to the old Tantares, then not long!

Oh, also the OM will now only seat one. I think this makes more sense for balance.

Thanks about your time,i believe will be more interesting spacecraft now!

Can I just say you are an absolute star Mihara, I just finished the new IVA and your props are beautiful!

You have to thank alexustas for those, he made every model and almost all textures for RPM. :)

This is so god damn beautiful :) I must have this when it is ready. I really like your work on the Soyuz and I like you implement RPM now for the Neptune Panel. Any plans for a 3 seater Soyuz in the far future? I like the 2-seater "classic" Soyuz more than enough but that would be even more awesome :)

Edit: Have all my +rep

shut-up-and-take-my-money-9299-400x250.jpg

Edited by DasBananenbrot

This is so god damn beautiful :) I must have this when it is ready. I really like your work on the Soyuz and I like you implement RPM now for the Neptune Panel. Any plans for a 3 seater Soyuz in the far future? I like the 2-seater "classic" Soyuz more than enough but that would be even more awesome :)

Edit: Have all my +rep

http://cdn.superbwallpapers.com/wallpapers/meme/shut-up-and-take-my-money-9299-400x250.jpg

:) Thank you for the kind words.

A 3-seat Soyuz is doubtful, unless I moved up the size scale.

To fit three in the capsule and still have instruments panel is literally impossible. The current layout is quite tight even with two.

So... Nope :(

TKS will probably seat three :)

I will re-purpose the Neptune panel for it.

Any news about the TKS?

Not a lot, I focus on finishing OM IVA.

I will (hopefully) have something to tease of TKS before going on hiatus!

The Polaris is beautiful!!

First flight to the Salyut:

http://imgur.com/a/YBO48

Also the new Tantares looks great!

I have a request: could you make a repaint for the Vega habitat with the red/white color scheme of salyut 7?

-snip-

I tried to do it myself, but I'm not good at texturing...

Thanks! I love the album.

I can try make this texture when I have some spare time, it is quite a nice one! (Salyut alternate textures were a little forgotten :confused: )