[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Flamerboy, To embed IMGUR albums use the

curtquarquesso, Great MIR!

Here is a picture of my incomplete MIR with the new TAC file installed. As you can see, the TST Oxygen system, TST Water Purifier, and TST Bckup Oxygen generator can be toggled on or off.

If TAC fuel balancer is installed then it can be configured to automatically transfer oxygen, food, and water to the crewed modules, and move waste to the Progress. The TST generators use TaranisElsu's calculations, so they should keep the entire station supplied with enough oxygen and water for up to 8 kerbals.

I thought about adding a hydroponics module to the TKS's orbital block to convert waste+water into food, but I didn't add it because it seems too futuristic for Tantares' theme. If anyone's interested I can upload the config file with the hydroponics system.

[imgUR]a9BC6">Javascript is disabled. View full album

And a bonus, a shuttle launch with a Proton. The first stage lifted the light shuttle out of the atmosphere easily. Then something strange happened: it spun out of control as soon as it passed the 75,000m mark. I don't know why, but I could not get it to stabilize. The launch was a failure, but all of the parts were recovered. At least it produced some attractive screen shots!

On an unrelated note, I hate the MKII inline clamp. It is a real pain to use when docking, and it is non-functional in the SPH or VAB.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by CrisK

What is your rarely used spacecraft in Tantares:

A. Tantares

B. HAMAL

C. Alnair

D. Almach

E. Carina

F. Pollux

G. Capella

H. Vega

I. Libra

J. Polaris

K. Formalhaut

Me is (From decending order)

1. Tantares

2. Almach

3. Vega

4. Libra

5. Carina

6. Polaris

7. Pollux

8. Capella

The spacecraft I've never used

1. Alnair

2. Formalhaut

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

Oh, I remembered one idea I had in mind for revamp: since Alnair is being remade too, may we have in addition to cargo bay and habitat thing a half-length cylinder, a fuel/life support tank and a KAS storage? It would make Alnair more flexible, just like a real TKS. :)

Showing off a newly constructed Mir. You'll notice the lack of Soyuz and Progress vehicles docked for obvious reasons. Whenever the revamp does come out, they'll be very busy servicing Mir!

http://i.imgur.com/9BknZTY.png

Album! http://imgur.com/a/qxPKH

Nice! :)

I agree with that, if you look on the Soyuz and Progress photos you may see that the white pat is on the lower half of SM. :)

http://cs14111.vk.me/c540105/v540105589/1bf46/Ilfvvl-0SU8.jpg

Changed

5d55a96631.jpg

Tantares revamp looks beautiful! I just hope it won't break saves with the new part sizes.

What if you make the periscope an animated part of the descend module, instead of a different part?

Hiya!

Unfortunately - it will not make existing crafts work anymore. You will have to ground your fleet / rebuild. :(

Periscope: I would prefer a separate part really, it would be useful on other craft.

Flamerboy, To embed IMGUR albums use the [imgur] tags. The album name GtvQB goes between the tags.

curtquarquesso, Great MIR!

Here is a picture of my incomplete MIR with the new TAC file installed. As you can see, the TST Oxygen system, TST Water Purifier, and TST Bckup Oxygen generator can be toggled on or off.

If TAC fuel balancer is installed then it can be configured to automatically transfer oxygen, food, and water to the crewed modules, and move waste to the Progress. The TST generators use TaranisElsu's calculations, so they should keep the entire station supplied with enough oxygen and water for up to 8 kerbals.

I thought about adding a hydroponics module to the TKS's orbital block to convert waste+water into food, but I didn't add it because it seems too futuristic for Tantares' theme. If anyone's interested I can upload the config file with the hydroponics system.

http://imgur.com/a/a9BC6

And a bonus, a shuttle launch with a Proton. The first stage lifted the light shuttle out of the atmosphere easily. Then something strange happened: it spun out of control as soon as it passed the 75,000m mark. I don't know why, but I could not get it to stabilize. The launch was a failure, but all of the parts were recovered. At least it produced some attractive screen shots!

On an unrelated note, I hate the MKII inline clamp. It is a real pain to use when docking, and it is non-functional in the SPH or VAB.

http://imgur.com/a/3j3En

Nice stuff!

I've put the existing TAC config you provided to use :)

Oh, I remembered one idea I had in mind for revamp: since Alnair is being remade too, may we have in addition to cargo bay and habitat thing a half-length cylinder, a fuel/life support tank and a KAS storage? It would make Alnair more flexible, just like a real TKS. :)

Sure, why not :)

d99e7ece83.jpg8f0ff4ad0b.jpg

Edit: I did not modify the Soyuz/TST Crew module. I'm not sure where the configuration for that is located. Beale, is there a config for that? If not, would you like me to make one?

I assume it used default TAC values, thus was missing a specific config?

Don't know.

If you would like, go ahead :) Real cool.

Edited by Beale

Nice stuff!

I've put the existing TAC config you provided to use :)

Cool! I hope that other TAC users find it useful.

Sorry for spamming the thread. This is my day off and I've wisely decided to blow the morning by playing KSP. Here is a stock +Procedural Wings + Tantares "MIG-like" SSTO spaceplane.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I think that the spaceplane is actually more efficient than any shuttle design that I can create with stock + Tantares parts.

Cool! I hope that other TAC users find it useful.

Sorry for spamming the thread. This is my day off and I've wisely decided to blow the morning by playing KSP. Here is a stock +Procedural Wings + Tantares "MIG-like" SSTO spaceplane.

http://imgur.com/a/mpaLp

I think that the spaceplane is actually more efficient than any shuttle design that I can create with stock + Tantares parts.

Really nice!

Do RAPIERS confuse kerbal engineer that much?

Decoupler

157bcd993d.jpg

48d8165820.jpg

For reasons, I have changed the heatshield to lighter.

7d446db21f.jpg

While I am playing around, perhaps some of you part welders would like to do this? :)

9b9861ef2a.jpg

Really nice!

Do RAPIERS confuse kerbal engineer that much?

It looks like a space bullet! Reminds me of Jules Verne's "From the Earth to the Moon"

Thanks! It is very easy to fly: it is perfectly balanced, and the wheel position means that it will lift off on its own. Just press the space bar and it will naturally assume a 10-15% incline. Unfortunately, the TWR is low and the lift is also low; fighter jets were not meant to go to orbit! Also, FAR limits the thrust of jets by 50% by default, and further limits the Rapier to the point where it's almost unusable for SSTO spaceplanes.

Here is the craft file if anyone wants to play around with it. Flying in NEAR or with the B9 engines makes it shoot up like a "space bullet". ;)

I don't know why you would want to make a suicide ship (except when used as ferry craft), but heck yeah anyway!

EDIT: Oh, also, is the Mianbiao module going to get a makeover (at least in the texture aspect of things) to fit in with the new Soyuz?

Edited by AppleDavidJeans

I just want the SM to be less scratched.I always loved your serious fresh from factory shiny style. Those "kerbaly" scratched parts are ugly for me.

Unity plays tricks with the specular (Or really I take specific camera angles). In general it looks less scratchy, it just appears to have some texture.

Thanks! It is very easy to fly: it is perfectly balanced, and the wheel position means that it will lift off on its own. Just press the space bar and it will naturally assume a 10-15% incline. Unfortunately, the TWR is low and the lift is also low; fighter jets were not meant to go to orbit! Also, FAR limits the thrust of jets by 50% by default, and further limits the Rapier to the point where it's almost unusable for SSTO spaceplanes.

Here is the craft file if anyone wants to play around with it. Flying in NEAR or with the B9 engines makes it shoot up like a "space bullet". ;)

Noice!

I will give it a play around with.

I don't know why you would want to make a suicide ship (except when used as ferry craft), but heck yeah anyway!

It'll find some use eh? :)

Docking port.

Well, I am not sure if I should stick with similar to what is current

71e486c0d4.jpg

Something closer to the real one, but still abstracted a little.

e32ed7fcaf.jpg

Or something more resembling a replica

a0af7be4ed.jpg

Hmm, interesting design. Could make some sort of Proto-Zond. Or, if somewhat stretched, the L4+service compartment.

PS:The abstracted one looks way better.

I think so too, I'm settling on something around this...

18c76d7c82.jpg

2259d7e9c6.jpg

370 pages!

Jesus.

EDIT: Oh, also, is the Mianbiao module going to get a makeover (at least in the texture aspect of things) to fit in with the new Soyuz?

I think so, maybe just a texture pass-over for now.

A new model is, eh, un-needed as it is relatively recent. But, some of the texturing is out of date.

Edited by Beale

I'd go with something lower (the "belt", I mean), and gray like the rest of the craft...

And as you're redoing these docking ports anyway, would you mind adding a big female port (the same way the big male port works with a tapered plate)

Will the docking port without the probe be redone to look like it has a drouge in it? Also, I remember someone saying something about the Igla docking anntena. Will we get one of those too?

Not sure, like this?

40eb95d05d.jpg

Seems like it would be a large use of polygons for something mostly un-noticed.

maybe :)

IGLA: I'll make KURS first, get that done, they see about IGLA.

Also, the docking light (?)

This groovy cat:

231cd165af.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Docking Boy

234e2bd3d6.jpg

a61c04f0a0.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Docking Boy

234e2bd3d6.jpg

a61c04f0a0.jpg

9ac1cb699e.jpg