[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

21 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Well, there's always the option of leaving the RCS blocks to run on monoprop and the MOE ones to use LF/O. Plus, it will add some difference between them other than cosmetic. Plus, if we were to follow that road to the end, the service modules would change a bit: T-75K would carry (and use) both LF/O and monoprop instead of monoprop only, while T-85K would only have LF/O for both its engine and RCS.

I think options will always be the best route in these cases - given a lot of the parts have limited reaction wheels and usually need something.
It could be like so:

oqMl5Kz.png

Radiators!

GitHub
First version available for preview, a lot is still missing or not configured correct - but the old FGB ships will be unaffected (Except for a new... paint job).

2VMFA2W.png
yyTPruc.png
yTi2h99.png
9riGyPo.png
sjV9RZH.jpg

Edited by Beale

6 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

No love for the MOEs? Well, you know, the rectangular ones with twin top nozzles?

But of course :D 
Not sure on the colours, they could use some work.

Yls5AGR.png

Edited by Beale

Not sure how it would work as a historical design, but have you considered a red/rust or bronze coloured nozzle set along with the standard grey. 

Or maybe differentiate by adding a grey line around the base area, where the taper starts.  Excuse my terrible MS Paint skills but something akin to this:

Spoiler

2EYEq4J.png

1 minute ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Tantares Now in Colours includes many different colours for most of Tantares' parts, including a rust/dark orange.

Yes, though I don't use it.  I'm not looking for different coloured Soyuzs.

I mean to differentiate between LFO and Monoprop thruster variants for easier identification on the parts listings in the VAB.  Change the nozzles to be rust/bronze, perhaps for whichever variant is older historically.  Though an older model wouldn't be rusted at the time of it's development/deloyment.  Bronze does come across as vintage though.

19 hours ago, overkill13 said:

Not sure how it would work as a historical design, but have you considered a red/rust or bronze coloured nozzle set along with the standard grey. 

Or maybe differentiate by adding a grey line around the base area, where the taper starts.  Excuse my terrible MS Paint skills but something akin to this:

2EYEq4J.png

That's a pretty nice ide, the only issue I can picture is that the parts should be identifiable in the VAB - which is a little tricky in this case when scaled small.

3 hours ago, CardBoardBoxProcessor said:

Beale Does your stuff have Normal maps? 

Yes, every part where relevant has a normal and specular map.

Edited by Beale

3 hours ago, Beale said:

That's a pretty nice ide, the only issue I can picture is that the parts should be identifiable in the VAB - which is a little tricky in this case when scaled small.

The parts are a bit bigger than that, on my screen at least.  Here's the example differentiation from RLA Stockalike that gave me the idea, cut and pasted from a screenshot of the game.  Can't say what they look like on a bigger screen, but my laptop makes them identifiable.

urinns3.png

Edited by overkill13

10 minutes ago, simonplundgren said:

I would love to have a file with this! This is my favourite capsule from the glourious tantares style.

Please link if anyone has it.

I would like this capsule as well. I may have it already, as a matter of fact. I can check my old downloads and try to link it if I have it.

12 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:
24 minutes ago, simonplundgren said:

I would love to have a file with this! This is my favourite capsule from the glourious tantares style.

Please link if anyone has it.

I would like this capsule as well. I may have it already, as a matter of fact. I can check my old downloads and try to link it if I have it.

That would be awesome! Thank you either way :)

14 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Beale Could we get an alternative plain grey paint job for the Mir and Zarya nodes?

I'm open to it, the colour schemes are entirely open to suggestion until the parts are finished:
Also surface greebles are needed, they are still mostly plain cylinders.

7e7FGAe.jpg

32 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

18 minutes ago, simonplundgren said:

That would be awesome! Thank you either way :)

It's really flattering! sorry I don't have the capsule (Drakenex may).
By the way, @Nertea recently interpreted this capsule (In the same size), and did a much better job, if you are interested. We follow widely the same art style so it probably would not look too out of place.

Near Future Spacecraft

h5MpSZY.png

Edited by Beale

1 minute ago, Beale said:

It's really flattering! sorry I don't have the capsule (Drakenex may).
By the way, @Nertea recently interpreted this capsule (In the same size), and did a much better job, if you are interested. We follow widely the same art style so it probably would not look too out of place.

Near Future Spacecraft

h5MpSZY.png

It's deserved! I downloaded this one this morning, But your style is more inline with my sort of building. and this capsule is a bit to big for some reason. and the bottom part is a bit to clunky for my taste. Its a very good model, beautiful in every way. But ....its not tantares ;)  

3 minutes ago, simonplundgren said:

It's deserved! I downloaded this one this morning, But your style is more inline with my sort of building. and this capsule is a bit to big for some reason. and the bottom part is a bit to clunky for my taste. Its a very good model, beautiful in every way. But ....its not tantares ;)  

Ah fair enough :) I had a search of the oldest versions I have and unfortunately v32.0 is the oldest (Older versions were on Kerbal stuff, which unfortunately...).

Hopefully @Drakenex can bring his magic.

1 minute ago, Beale said:

Ah fair enough :) I had a search of the oldest versions I have and unfortunately v32.0 is the oldest (Older versions were on Kerbal stuff, which unfortunately...).

Hopefully @Drakenex can bring his magic.

Thank you for taking the time anyway :) in case it is lost to time: I really hope you can find some time for it in the future. Really enjoy you stuff :)