[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Well without further ado, here is the inital GitHub commit of TantaresSP, that is, Tantares - Space Probes.
A new mod focusing compltely on robotic lunar / interplanetary exploration.

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresSP

As ever, this mod has no dependencies, but I will be looking to integrate with DMOS, or BDB if you have them installed - to share experiment definitions.

Few things still need to be configured, such as the cosmic ray detector, but the ion trap experiment is fully implemented, but a little basic.
Right now you can create a generic 1MV spacecraft, but neither Mars 1M or Venera 1VA exactly, yet.

More to come while I learn with rigging an unfurling antenna.

Tentative mod plans:

• 1MV
  • 3MV
  • 4MV
  • Prop-M
  • Special eggs
  • Special washing machines
  • Cats?!?!
  • Cars?!?!
  • Spikey bois
  • Luna?
  • Fobos?

screenshot752.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot760.png?width=1084&height=610

nice!

10 hours ago, Beale said:

Well without further ado, here is the inital GitHub commit of TantaresSP, that is, Tantares - Space Probes.
A new mod focusing compltely on robotic lunar / interplanetary exploration.

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresSP

As ever, this mod has no dependencies, but I will be looking to integrate with DMOS, or BDB if you have them installed - to share experiment definitions.

Few things still need to be configured, such as the cosmic ray detector, but the ion trap experiment is fully implemented, but a little basic.
Right now you can create a generic 1MV spacecraft, but neither Mars 1M or Venera 1VA exactly, yet.

More to come while I learn with rigging an unfurling antenna.

Tentative mod plans:

• 1MV
  • 3MV
  • 4MV
  • Prop-M
  • Special eggs
  • Special washing machines
  • Cats?!?!
  • Cars?!?!
  • Spikey bois
  • Luna?
  • Fobos?

screenshot752.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot760.png?width=1084&height=610

I would like to throw in the proposal. Once you're busy designing a new mod. can we add some details for your soyus? It's about these details. I'm sure this will make soyus much more interesting.9_Hen-2Gy8s.jpgMuxb_OyBc3s.jpg

9 hours ago, prinjrius said:

I would like to throw in the proposal. Once you're busy designing a new mod. can we add some details for your soyus? It's about these details. I'm sure this will make soyus much more interesting.9_Hen-2Gy8s.jpgMuxb_OyBc3s.jpg

Would definetely add some much needed detail. 

Anither suggestion would be to reduce thruster power for Soyuz' RCS, they're crazy powerful.

10 hours ago, prinjrius said:

I would like to throw in the proposal. Once you're busy designing a new mod. can we add some details for your soyus? It's about these details. I'm sure this will make soyus much more interesting.

22 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

Would definetely add some much needed detail. 

Anither suggestion would be to reduce thruster power for Soyuz' RCS, they're crazy powerful.

Alterations to the Soyuz are not really on the cards, but I will take a look at the RCS balancing, nobody ever brought it up before.

Z0YDPCu.jpg
dtFwE8W.jpeg
H2yb8Yk.jpg
uK3ycag.gif

Edited by Beale

11 hours ago, Beale said:

Изменения в «Союзе» на самом деле не обсуждаются, но я посмотрю на балансировку RCS , о которой раньше никто не говорил.

Z0YDPCu.jpg
dtFwE8W.jpeg
H2yb8Yk.jpg
uK3ycag.gif

When folded, the antenna looked different.746150_2000.jpg

maybe this and another probe is a little bit, but it is the same most likely.2519862_preview.jpg

11 hours ago, Beale said:

Изменения в «Союзе» на самом деле не обсуждаются, но я посмотрю на балансировку RCS , о которой раньше никто не говорил.

And what about the details? They just ask to add them.

Flight testing, antenna can break off by aerodynamic forces.

Ideally camera will be configured to produce red, green, and blue images separately, you can then stack these in your image editor of choice to get something like the bottom image, if things are moving fast.

screenshot763.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot764.png?width=1084&height=610
unknown.png?width=1084&height=610

On 8/9/2020 at 2:59 AM, prinjrius said:

Decided nonmongo to experiment with Buran

I, also, have been experimenting with Buran.
50207986693_8fda76fe44_c_d.jpg

My literal first attempt at flying the Soviet Burya space shuttle. The orbiter is a Tunguska-Avalanche (craft file https://kerbalx.com/Flakbadger/Tungus...) from Flakbadger at Kerbal X. I added a 16-seat passenger compartment and rebalanced the RCS. Then instead of his stock Energia launcher, I built a new one with Tantares parts. The launch was a little squirrely because I did a roll to get a lower inclination but otherwise didn't have too many problems getting to orbit. It looks like a 200 km orbit is it's operational altitude. The added passenger module cuts down the on orbit dV from 500 m/s to about 350 m/s.

Coming back, I reentered a little steep and and exploded the nose cone. I also overshot my runway. (Hey, it's only my third reentry of a spaceplane ever). Mis-staged the landing parachute (I'll need to work on action groups). I then had my jet engines running, trying to get control, which I couldn't until I was well below 5000 meters (rereading the craft description would have told me that). At that point, I had expended too much fuel to get back to the runway and put down on the steppes. And was surprised when it didn't explode.

Not bad for a first flight.

@Beale, any chance you're interested in making a more detailed Prichal Node?

http://russianspaceweb.com/iss_node.html

http://russianspaceweb.com/images/spacecraft/manned/space_stations/iss/node/silo_1.jpg

http://russianspaceweb.com/images/spacecraft/manned/space_stations/iss/node/um_autonomous_firing_1.jpg

That Soyuz with the node attached at the bottom of that article is quite sexy.

Edited by hendrack

2 hours ago, Morphisor said:

Woah. I look away for a few days and suddenly Beale is building the coolest Soviet probes ever. Hyped!

It's been something really I would like to do for a while, there was just a lot of technical debt in Tantares itself to pay off first :)

3 minutes ago, hendrack said:

Prichal not exactly, but taking a second look at the FGB node I will certainly take some details from this for sure :)

Many thanks.

18 minutes ago, hendrack said:

12 minutes ago, Beale said:

It's been something really I would like to do for a while, there was just a lot of technical debt in Tantares itself to pay off first :)

Prichal not exactly, but taking a second look at the FGB node I will certainly take some details from this for sure :)

Many thanks.

The Aquila or Eridani nodes can be used in place or Prichal. Maybe we could get a white variant to mimic Prichal @Beale ?

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

The Aquila or Eridani nodes can be used in place or Prichal. Maybe we could get a white variant to mimic Prichal @Beale ?

Think TNIC already  supports this unless I'm mistaken.

It's not on the cards for me until I take a second look at FGB, then it will get the same white skin the VA got.

If you want to make and distribute a white skin, happy to provide the source texture files.

Edited by Beale

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Думаю, TNIC уже поддерживает это, если я не ошибаюсь.

Это не для меня, пока я не взгляну на FGB во второй раз, тогда он получит ту же белую кожу, что и VA.

Если вы хотите сделать и распространить белый скин, с радостью предоставим исходные файлы текстур.

and long-awaited details will be added to soyus?

20 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

(Let me just leave it here)

It's a neat idea, I saw that done a few times already with existing parts..

7 hours ago, Zarbon44 said:

Simply delight to play with, truly feels like lego.
KKdKUQS.png5ucY9yN.png

Great to see these in use already.

Unfortunately work on getting the camera to function hit a roadblock, with some very buggy images.
Maybe will just integrate scan sat.

piALiIn.pngtC1UoEC.png

Smorlle RCS

SOYYICG.jpg
8aiMp2x.jpeg

Edited by Beale

The landing was picture perfect...
g7RtzO6.png

Until it was discovered too late that the LK was much too close to the LEM, and clipped the LEM with its landing gear...
eVwXdzV.png

I wonder if GEICO roadside assistance handles off-planet accidents?