[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Hi again, I'm just trying to put my Progress resupply spacecraft on the Soyuz rocket and I've noticed that i can't build fairing :(  is it some long occurring problem or is it some local problem with my version or smthng?

EDIT: It's canopus type of fairing 

Edited by Ulgojax

9 hours ago, softweir said:

It would help if you told us which version of Tantares you are using, and which version of KSP!

I'm using the very latest github version of Tantares from Beale which was posted after i mentioned some bugs. It's a hotfix version on previous page of this thread. I'm using KSP 1.10

6 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

I'm wondering, is there a mod people recommend to build a Buran shuttle that fits aesthetically well with Tantares (and also is at the right scale)? It seems that most shuttle mods are focused around the US version.

There are parts to build a Buran.

Is there any reason the Proton rocket would start randomly flipping over after the first stage drops?  Up until yesterday, I was having perfect, stable launches.  today, I update mechjeb, plug back in all my normal launch info, and a mission I launched yesterday started flipping.

1 hour ago, hikerchick29 said:

Is there any reason the Proton rocket would start randomly flipping over after the first stage drops?  Up until yesterday, I was having perfect, stable launches.  today, I update mechjeb, plug back in all my normal launch info, and a mission I launched yesterday started flipping.

I think unfortunately you will have to throw it towards mechjeb devs, hard to tell what may have changed, certainly not the Proton in the last 3 (I think?) years :P

GitHub

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresLV

Some Energia stuff.
Currently I have 0 hydrolox engines, so you must probably use some from another mod if you are determined, I have an excellent suggestion:

screenshot339.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot340.png?width=1084&height=610

1 hour ago, Beale said:

random adventures in pbr blankets (Existing KSP shader on the right to compare).

xQeORCJ.jpg
CWxAMj3.jpg
jwFpTde.jpeg

Soyuz remains found at the temple complex of Knossos, c. 1800BC
JeoTyMl.jpg
93vVEIv.jpg

Will this be in the game at some point cause these look FANTASTIC!!!

Those ones with graffiti are amazing to look at.

Edited by Minmus Taster

Something I wondered about this mod for awhile, why is the soyuz decoupler a separator? I always have to edit the cfg file or else it scatters all the RCS parts and stuff I have attached to it.

Also would you ever consider having an alternative set of fairings using Simple Adjustable Fairings like BDB so that they come in defined sizes?  I think it would make some designs simpler to build

On 11/4/2020 at 8:44 PM, Minmus Taster said:

Will this be in the game at some point cause these look FANTASTIC!!!

Those ones with graffiti are amazing to look at.

It was only a test, but we do have an extra year now, so...

On 11/4/2020 at 9:10 PM, msp307 said:

Hello there is "GameData \ TantaresLV \ Patches \ Soyuz_B9_Rescale"? Unfortunately I don't have them anymore.

I will try to remember to restore this next release, if you can,  please open an issue to help my memory.

On 11/5/2020 at 9:30 PM, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Something I wondered about this mod for awhile, why is the soyuz decoupler a separator? I always have to edit the cfg file or else it scatters all the RCS parts and stuff I have attached to it.

Also would you ever consider having an alternative set of fairings using Simple Adjustable Fairings like BDB so that they come in defined sizes?  I think it would make some designs simpler to build

Seems like an oversight to me, if you can open an issue I will fix it sometime.

SAF probably .

18 hours ago, DylanSemrau said:

concept for a refueling station that I've had on my mind for a bit

this was just cheated into orbit, will actually assemble it for real tonight tho

(really nice job @Beale this continues to be incredible and is genuinely really appreciated)

PykwkiJ.png

This is incredible! Nice job.

17 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

Are there any plans with Tantares SP to add things like Sputnik 3 and the various Luna missions? I think they would help to fill a major gap that's left between Sputnik 1 and the interplanetary probes that have already been added.

Maybe eventually, I am a little burnt out on probes after 4 in a row.

RD-0120.

This was heavily based on the "Erebus" rocket engine from Cryogenic engines as the specific reference for basically all of the layout of the pipes, etc.
Major thanks to Nertea who kindly provided the original model for reference, I recommend you check out Cryo. Engines for a wealth of LH2 rocket engines of all shapes and sizes (link below).

The RD-0122 will also be available for Energia-M improvements.

I3uCi13.jpg
eCX3dfe.jpeg