[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

12 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Yes most of the existing ISS craft files have out of date parts...

That's very strange, do you know which version of Tantares you are using? I think those craft files are generally up to date. I will try to find my own Zvezda file when I have a chance.

11 hours ago, RoverDude said:

I was summoned and have no idea why I was summoned :D

Sorry, for more context (I'm sure this is your favourite question :wink: ) @wasmic was looking into adding USI-LS support for this mod, is there maybe some balancing guidelines or etc. for supporting this you have? I guess most of it can be inferred from existing configs, Many thanks.

Alt colour testing.

TBD which will be finalised  - I think release version will have Green, Black + 1 extra from the below.

XhldUp4.jpeg
eWLETCv.jpeg
GaGDURy.jpeg
zYhDyHO.jpeg
w6msS8n.jpg
FWPQjyG.jpg

Edited by Beale

59 minutes ago, Beale said:

Alt colour testing.

I personnaly vote for the white variant, because it's beautiful, allow some chinese stuff and unlock more lego with other mod. Even if i suppose it's better to keep matching existing parts color theme ?

I would say White or Tan, the vintage/ cyan are also nice but not as good IMO as white or tan. yellow looks cool but doesn't match IMO the other parts that much, but It could be a special station like a ''Medical station'' or''Weapon Station''

also atleast one almaz/salyut had an NR-23 Aircraft cannon for defence against Anti-Sattelite weapons. Could we have a ''dummy'' version in ksp? Like just a small barrel that doesn't do anything?

Edited by Starhelperdude

On 1/19/2021 at 12:13 PM, RoverDude said:

Yes - there's an official USI balancing guide out there that helps with all of this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZI_0InZjd1tfrNDj8RWq45W6cg1UDm6BAkn2jB18Tsk/edit?usp=sharing

Very helpful! Many thanks.

On 1/19/2021 at 12:46 PM, Well said:

I personnaly vote for the white variant, because it's beautiful, allow some chinese stuff and unlock more lego with other mod. Even if i suppose it's better to keep matching existing parts color theme ?

On 1/19/2021 at 1:54 PM, Starhelperdude said:

I would say White or Tan, the vintage/ cyan are also nice but not as good IMO as white or tan. yellow looks cool but doesn't match IMO the other parts that much, but It could be a special station like a ''Medical station'' or''Weapon Station''

also atleast one almaz/salyut had an NR-23 Aircraft cannon for defence against Anti-Sattelite weapons. Could we have a ''dummy'' version in ksp? Like just a small barrel that doesn't do anything?

On 1/19/2021 at 6:57 PM, billbobjebkirk said:

As much as I desperately want to say the blue or the yellow, white is probably the best in terms of design sensibilities, it'd be annoying not to have it as a good generic color for station building.

On 1/19/2021 at 7:28 PM, DJ Reonic said:

I think white should be the choice. As stated, it gives many more options for spacecraft and station building. I do believe tan should exist as an option for the parts that are used in Mir/ISS builds, but white gives the most options.

Thanks for the feedback!

@Starhelperdude no plans to include guns.

22 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

Why can't you just  use them all  Beale?

22 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

On the one hand it would be cool

On the other hand it would probably be a lot of work/ would increase the memory a lot

idk

The recolours are actually incredibly easy to produce, the textures are built from the beginning to be recoloured easily, and are available here:

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares_Assets/tree/master/SALYUT

It's not possible to have all because the memory bloat becomes too much, 5.5 MB for every new 2048x2048 texture included.

Progress M2 in-game.

screenshot1110.png
screenshot1101.png
screenshot1107.png

Edited by Beale

On 1/19/2021 at 5:44 AM, Beale said:

That's very strange, do you know which version of Tantares you are using? I think those craft files are generally up to date. I will try to find my own Zvezda file when I have a chance.

Sorry, for more context (I'm sure this is your favourite question :wink: ) @wasmic was looking into adding USI-LS support for this mod, is there maybe some balancing guidelines or etc. for supporting this you have? I guess most of it can be inferred from existing configs, Many thanks.

Alt colour testing.

TBD which will be finalised  - I think release version will have Green, Black + 1 extra from the below.

XhldUp4.jpeg
eWLETCv.jpeg
GaGDURy.jpeg
zYhDyHO.jpeg
w6msS8n.jpg
FWPQjyG.jpg

I might be heavily biased for the vintage bluish green, but probably the white or the cream. It would be nice though to have the vintage green and/or other colors in an extras folder or something though.

17 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

the zenit-2 fairing doesn't show up at all, I'm playing on 1.11 and have tantares (and lv) and SAF on the latest releases, everything works except the zenit fairing

Unfortunately they are not yet released, I want to do some additional fairings before this is released as a separate mod.

Size 1.25m Reaction Wheel, and two lengths of fuel tanks.
Unfortunately release for these is still a while away, IVAs are needed. And the entire mod needs patching to support the 1.11 construction support.

VF0sy8E.jpeg
dr5upn2.jpg
WLc1KAz.jpg

Edited by Beale

GitHub

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares

Still heavy WIP.
This is shaping up to be kind of a big update. Appreciate definitely any feedback!
Small warning, the WIP Salyut reinforced adapter (and the salyut parts in general) are getting a small rework as I've made some decisions on recolour, appearance etc. Some parts in the current WIP release may be renamed / removed.

screenshot1115.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot1119.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot1121.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot1129.png?width=1084&height=610

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Beale I’ve had some reports about vessels made with this having problems with GravityTurn.  I’ll be looking into this in the next day or so, but was wondering if you might be able to point me into a specific area where your parts may differ from stock parts?

Hiya,

I think a good chance is that gravity turn is not accounting for the thrust multipliers, depending on how the calculation is done, this would present the craft with having much less, or much more torque than it really has.

Example from one part, TantaresLV/parts/soyuz/_tantares_lv_engine_s1_1.cfg

The relevant part is at the bottom.

MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleEnginesFX
    EngineType = LiquidFuel
    engineID = MainNozzles
    runningEffectName = running_closed
    powerEffectName = running_power
    allowRestart = true
    thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
    exhaustDamage = True
    ignitionThreshold = 0.1
    minThrust = 0
    maxThrust = 255
    heatProduction = 200
    PROPELLANT
    {
      name = LiquidFuel
      ratio = 0.9
      DrawGauge = True
    }
    PROPELLANT
    {
      name = Oxidizer
      ratio = 1.1
    }
    atmosphereCurve
    {
      key = 0 320
      key = 1 288
    }
    transformMultipliers
    {
        trf0 = 0.2
        trf1 = 0.2
        trf2 = 0.2
        trf3 = 0.2
        trf4 = 0.05
        trf5 = 0.05
        trf6 = 0.05
        trf7 = 0.05
    } 
  }

Hi there,

while looking for some other errors, I found the following in my log file:

[LOG 14:19:16.526] Load(Texture): TantaresLV/Parts/N1/LLV_V_Engine_1_Nozzle_psd
[ERR 14:19:16.529] DDS: DXT3(256x256, MipMap=True) - DXT3 format is NOT supported. Use DXT5

[WRN 14:19:16.529] Texture load error in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TantaresLV\Parts\N1\LLV_V_Engine_1_Nozzle_psd.dds'

and this one, which seems to happen for different items (so only that one example here)

[LOG 14:19:36.200] Load(Model): Tantares/fx/FX_Alnair_Engine_1
[ERR 14:19:36.203] File error:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: shader
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Material.CreateWithShader(UnityEngine.Material,UnityEngine.Shader)
  at UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Shader shader) [0x00007] in <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0
  at PartReader.ReadMaterial4 (System.IO.BinaryReader br) [0x0001f] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0
  at PartReader.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x005ca] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0
  at PartReader.Read (UrlDir+UrlFile file) [0x000c1] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0

[WRN 14:19:36.204] Model load error in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Tantares\fx\FX_Alnair_Engine_1.mu'

Not sure if it is relevant, but thought I post it. Playing on 1.9.1 with NewTantares v22.2 and NewTantaresLV v12.1.

4 hours ago, chris-kerbal said:

Hi there,

while looking for some other errors, I found the following in my log file:

[LOG 14:19:16.526] Load(Texture): TantaresLV/Parts/N1/LLV_V_Engine_1_Nozzle_psd
[ERR 14:19:16.529] DDS: DXT3(256x256, MipMap=True) - DXT3 format is NOT supported. Use DXT5

[WRN 14:19:16.529] Texture load error in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TantaresLV\Parts\N1\LLV_V_Engine_1_Nozzle_psd.dds'

and this one, which seems to happen for different items (so only that one example here)

[LOG 14:19:36.200] Load(Model): Tantares/fx/FX_Alnair_Engine_1
[ERR 14:19:36.203] File error:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: shader
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Material.CreateWithShader(UnityEngine.Material,UnityEngine.Shader)
  at UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Shader shader) [0x00007] in <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0
  at PartReader.ReadMaterial4 (System.IO.BinaryReader br) [0x0001f] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0
  at PartReader.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x005ca] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0
  at PartReader.Read (UrlDir+UrlFile file) [0x000c1] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0

[WRN 14:19:36.204] Model load error in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Tantares\fx\FX_Alnair_Engine_1.mu'

Not sure if it is relevant, but thought I post it. Playing on 1.9.1 with NewTantares v22.2 and NewTantaresLV v12.1.

I wouldn't worry about these, they are very old parts that are no longer in the mod, just some leftrover files it looks as though.

I will remove next vers.

A few new IVAs.

YfEAVFY.jpg
SUV3LxM.jpg

21 minutes ago, Beale said:

I wouldn't worry about these, they are very old parts that are no longer in the mod, just some leftrover files it looks as though.

I will remove next vers.

A few new IVAs.

YfEAVFY.jpg
SUV3LxM.jpg

Ah, ok. @Well apparently uses one of these, as I get the same error on one of his part. He might change it though to avoid the error.

13 minutes ago, chris-kerbal said:

Ah, ok. @Well apparently uses one of these, as I get the same error on one of his part. He might change it though to avoid the error.

yeah that the cora engine beale offer to me, probably just going to find an other FX for it. But like i've said beale, that nothing really important, just an error on loading

Edited by Well

1 hour ago, Starhelperdude said:

is there some sort of tantares roadmap for future projects?

Not really, usually I just work on whatever I want to work on latest. If I'm revamping stuff, usually the oldest parts get revamped.

Every part in this update will get an IVA, here is the 1.875m Salyut core.

AGUSIwI.jpg?width=715&height=610
p3YWSHK.jpg