[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Update:

Some of the edited parts appear to show the part switch buttons, but don't actually change the part model when clicked. The engines appear to lack these.

Additionally, I encountered this error during game loading:

CArx7A6.png

Presumably the issue is due to the transform names being incorrect, since you say the alternate models still exist.

EDIT: The issue was not the transform names, it was the fact that at some point, TantaresLV renamed the "Parts" folder to "parts" instead. Changing the case fixes the patch.

Edited by septemberWaves

6 hours ago, septemberWaves said:

Update:

Some of the edited parts appear to show the part switch buttons, but don't actually change the part model when clicked. The engines appear to lack these.

Additionally, I encountered this error during game loading:

CArx7A6.png

Presumably the issue is due to the transform names being incorrect, since you say the alternate models still exist.

EDIT: The issue was not the transform names, it was the fact that at some point, TantaresLV renamed the "Parts" folder to "parts" instead. Changing the case fixes the patch.

Ah okay, interesting, many thanks ! :)

This should be in good shape to fix up for next release then. Many thanks for testing.

Cutoutalyutmaz.

With a handy .9375 node, and something secret incoming to go in that spot. :happy:

rjfa5rR.jpeg
m8NNwhy.jpg
0Y6UlxU.jpeg

Green face on big plain drum? (More accurate IRL colour scheme, but this full drum is not really IRL accurate anyway)

K5BAlYw.jpeg

Edited by Beale

On 2/6/2021 at 7:36 AM, Beale said:

Tantares is currently scaled to the stock KSP parts, rather than quarter sized RSS (so if you built a rocket the same size with stock fuel tanks you should get the same or close performance). of course the rockets are pretty large though, so are a bit big for teeny kerbin.

unfortunately I don't think a special nerf patch exists, but you can probably use smurff to tweak it:

Thanks for the reply! I didn't even think about the Soyuz being such a huge rocket in ksp scale, in my head I just thought it can get the Soyuz to LEO, so it should be able to get one to LKO and no more lol. I ended up just lowering the fuel values and engine thrust limits on the side booster and thrid stage which made things a bit less OP.

3 hours ago, Big Katz said:

IMO the including the yellow would provide some nice contrast to the rest of the catalogue for stations and kitbashing. 

yeah, though white fits better with other parts here so we could do more customisable stations with 1 color style (white)

Soyuz 1 + Soyuz 2 (Baikonur)

Launched at 23 April 1967, this ill-fated mission was meant to test new Soyuz 7K-OK spacecraft, with a single cosmonaut - Vladimir Komarov - onboard. But fortunately, I'm not replicating that.

bhi8K7s.png

Instead, I'll proceed with original mission plans: launch Soyuz 1, then launch unmanned Soyuz 2, perform a crew transfer and land crew on Soyuz 2.

ZuOlpHZ.png

Man, these gantries are slow. You can also note a slightly bulbous fairing: this is done in order to protect solar panels - "straight" fairing tend to break them.

nRyQq84.png

Поехали!

FifSUdI.png

Introducing KSRSS 0.7, with its updated Earth surface! This is, obviously, the Aral Sea - or what's left of it after USSR diverted Amu Darya and Syr Darya - the rivers which fed it with water - to irrigation. KSRSS uses its looks from around 2000 - Ostrov Vozrozhdeniya is not island anymore, but parts of southern basin are still there.

TqJgarS.png

Not quite sure what it is - Lake Balkhash, probably?

U3sOvVW.jpg

Not quite a Korolev Cross, due to rocket being slightly off prograde during boosters separation.

u3df0PT.png

dKNmWIK.png

Jettisoning LES and fairing (LES flew away too fast to be captured on screenshot, LOL!)

kOsrXxY.png

Firing the 3rd stage.

aK3qk6E.png

dXpmHmP.png

And we're in orbit! Don't pay attention to logos, please - I always forget to change the flags (or more likely, don't care).

55poWrz.png

Nex day - Soyuz 2 launch.

nqjqnpY.png

Identical to Soyuz 1, except the docking port - passive instead of active.

ODkjozT.png

6Bw6mWp.png

All orbital maneuvers are performed by Soyuz 2 - so in case of any malfunction the cosmonaut would still have Soyuz 1 full of fuel and life support.

fXWGGrJ.png

Rendezvous. Can you see Soyuz 1?

TW4FPw4.png

Close contact.

FVrypf7.png

Soyuz 1 moves to dock with Soyuz 2.

LSmDMss.png

Docking completed!

EzINv87.png

FgYG1Xk.png

7K-OK's docking port lacked crew transfer tunnel, which meant cosmonauts had to perform spacewalk to get from one vehicle to another.

junzliI.png

Undocking.

28FMF8K.png

Moving to a safe distance from Soyuz 1 before deorbit maneuvers.

WVmiEfd.png

Performing the deorbit burn.

XJ0eKsx.png

Jettisoning the SM...

DjKkScn.png

...and the OM.

f3OuSjB.png

Re-entering somewhere over Turkey.

ynJdP3h.png

Reentry in progress, now over USSR.

htMwflV.png

Deploying the chutes. Fingers crossed!

7amxRJU.jpg

E7vZ53G.png

Spruce trees - yep, we're definitely back home!

7 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Hide contents

Launched at 23 April 1967, this ill-fated mission was meant to test new Soyuz 7K-OK spacecraft, with a single cosmonaut - Vladimir Komarov - onboard. But fortunately, I'm not replicating that.

bhi8K7s.png

Instead, I'll proceed with original mission plans: launch Soyuz 1, then launch unmanned Soyuz 2, perform a crew transfer and land crew on Soyuz 2.

ZuOlpHZ.png

Man, these gantries are slow. You can also note a slightly bulbous fairing: this is done in order to protect solar panels - "straight" fairing tend to break them.

nRyQq84.png

Поехали!

FifSUdI.png

Introducing KSRSS 0.7, with its updated Earth surface! This is, obviously, the Aral Sea - or what's left of it after USSR diverted Amu Darya and Syr Darya - the rivers which fed it with water - to irrigation. KSRSS uses its looks from around 2000 - Ostrov Vozrozhdeniya is not island anymore, but parts of southern basin are still there.

TqJgarS.png

U3sOvVW.jpg

Not quite a Korolev Cross, due to rocket being slightly off prograde during boosters separation.

u3df0PT.png

dKNmWIK.png

Jettisoning LES and fairing (LES flew away too fast to be captured on screenshot, LOL!)

kOsrXxY.png

Firing the 3rd stage.

aK3qk6E.png

dXpmHmP.png

And we're in orbit! Don't pay attention to logos, please - I always forget to change the flags (or more likely, don't care).

55poWrz.png

nqjqnpY.png

ODkjozT.png

6Bw6mWp.png

All orbital maneuvers are performed by Soyuz 2 - so in case of any malfunction the cosmonaut would still have Soyuz 1 full of fuel and life support.

fXWGGrJ.png

TW4FPw4.png

Close contact.

FVrypf7.png

LSmDMss.png

Docking completed!

EzINv87.png

FgYG1Xk.png

7K-OK's docking port lacked crew transfer tunnel, which meant cosmonauts had to perform spacewalk to get from one vehicle to another.

junzliI.png

Undocking.

28FMF8K.png

WVmiEfd.png

XJ0eKsx.png

Jettisoning the SM...

DjKkScn.png

...and the OM.

f3OuSjB.png

ynJdP3h.png

htMwflV.png

7amxRJU.jpg

E7vZ53G.png

I assume these are 7K-OK and 7K-OKS? If yes, I would suggest you to use their colours from Tantares Intercolours, though this is of course your install and you can do whatever you want ;p

7 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Hide contents

bhi8K7s.png

ZuOlpHZ.png

nRyQq84.png

Поехали!

FifSUdI.png

TqJgarS.png

U3sOvVW.jpg

u3df0PT.png

dKNmWIK.png

kOsrXxY.png

Firing the 3rd stage.

aK3qk6E.png

dXpmHmP.png

55poWrz.png

nqjqnpY.png

ODkjozT.png

6Bw6mWp.png

fXWGGrJ.png

TW4FPw4.png

Close contact.

FVrypf7.png

LSmDMss.png

Docking completed!

EzINv87.png

FgYG1Xk.png

junzliI.png

Undocking.

28FMF8K.png

WVmiEfd.png

XJ0eKsx.png

Jettisoning the SM...

DjKkScn.png

...and the OM.

f3OuSjB.png

ynJdP3h.png

htMwflV.png

7amxRJU.jpg

E7vZ53G.png

That was a real treat, thanks!

10 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Hide contents

bhi8K7s.png

ZuOlpHZ.png

nRyQq84.png

Поехали!

FifSUdI.png

TqJgarS.png

U3sOvVW.jpg

u3df0PT.png

dKNmWIK.png

kOsrXxY.png

Firing the 3rd stage.

aK3qk6E.png

dXpmHmP.png

55poWrz.png

nqjqnpY.png

ODkjozT.png

6Bw6mWp.png

fXWGGrJ.png

TW4FPw4.png

Close contact.

FVrypf7.png

LSmDMss.png

Docking completed!

EzINv87.png

FgYG1Xk.png

junzliI.png

Undocking.

28FMF8K.png

WVmiEfd.png

XJ0eKsx.png

Jettisoning the SM...

DjKkScn.png

...and the OM.

f3OuSjB.png

ynJdP3h.png

htMwflV.png

7amxRJU.jpg

E7vZ53G.png

How did you get  rss  visual  enchancments ?