[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

18 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

After reading the latest entry in the False Steps blog focusing on Chelomei's TKS spacecraft, I decided to try putting up an Almaz station. In this instance, Almaz 4.

ty3iTpU.png?1

Beautiful!

Thanks for the link!

Sojuz!

Z3b4FJL.png
xwXc7Rl.png

Jefferson or Burr, we know it's lose-lose.

Jefferson or Burr, but if you had to choose?

Edited by Beale

19 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

After reading the latest entry in the False Steps blog focusing on Chelomei's TKS spacecraft, I decided to try putting up an Almaz station. In this instance, Almaz 4.

Eyes Turned Skywards has some great TKS content. You should try and recreat the MOK module from their alternate MIR.

19 minutes ago, Niemand303 said:

I am a very bad photographer but I tried to take some photos of the most interesting stuff in and around the Museum of Space Exploration in Moscow. I think you might find some stuff interesting. :)

http://imgur.com/a/j54vL

Your photos are just fine! You captured detail on some of the satellites that I hadn't seen before. Thanks for sharing them!

41 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Eyes Turned Skywards has some great TKS content. You should try and recreat the MOK module from their alternate MIR.

Thanks! I keep forgetting to dig through that site every so often to get fresh ideas.

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Sojuz!

Z3b4FJL.png
xwXc7Rl.pngJefferson or Burr, we know it's lose-lose.Jefferson or Burr, but if you had to choose?

Are you going to also retexture the orbital module? I think it would be kinda cool to have a round EVA port..

7k_bo_hatch_2.jpg

BTW the soyuz looks great , are you planning to also overhaul the 7K-LOK service module?

51 minutes ago, Niemand303 said:

I am a very bad photographer but I tried to take some photos of the most interesting stuff in and around the Museum of Space Exploration in Moscow. I think you might find some stuff interesting. :)

These will totally not get used as reference material for stuff in my BETA 15 update... :cool:

Great job, thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, Niemand303 said:

They're great!

I am no good, even with the expensive camera! 

fLNMMZ9.png
'The essence of futility - oil on canvas, 24x34'

Thank you for the reference material, the VA photos may be very useful soon :D 

26 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

Are you going to also retexture the orbital module? I think it would be kinda cool to have a round EVA port..

7k_bo_hatch_2.jpg

BTW the soyuz looks great , are you planning to also overhaul the 7K-LOK service module?

So far, everything will be revamped :) 

The hatch, circular maybe, but depends on what's possible.
The important part, maybe some docking ports can be removed, the more accurate ports by @curtquarquesso should become the standard.

MyHNsfW.png
7ETBkP5.png

Edited by Beale

11 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Beale you're working to fast. Take your time.

Please.

g6iJrgy.png

Spoiler

More thoughts, the docking_mechanism_A and B may become "long" docking parts?

Good for recreations, and for earlier in tech tree :) 

SOYUZ%20MAIN.jpg

50 minutes ago, tygoo7 said:

I've been playing the soviet career mode mod using Tantares and I'm enjoying it. I recently got the R-7 rocket I've been using printed using Eucl3d along side some other crafts from my mod, like the new Dragon. But I'd thought you'd enjoy this Beale.

Hide contents

hztKOeUh.jpg

You know, that really has made me a good evening. Thank you :) 

17 hours ago, tygoo7 said:

I've been playing the soviet career mode mod using Tantares and I'm enjoying it. I recently got the R-7 rocket I've been using printed using Eucl3d along side some other crafts from my mod, like the new Dragon. But I'd thought you'd enjoy this Beale.

Hide contents

hztKOeUh.jpg

EPIC!!
(Not that I'm biased at all ....)

Edited by tjsnh

@Beale, if I'm able to get some KSP time tomorrow, I should have some pictures of another Chelomei dream for you. The extra components you made for the VA capsule made it all possible. :)

8 hours ago, tygoo7 said:

Hide contents

hztKOeUh.jpg

I want to get some 3D prints of a Shuttle stack (DIRECT), Saturn V (once @CobaltWolf releases it), and of course an R7 (yours).

Edited by legoclone09

I bought myself a copy of Anatoly Zak's Russia in Space, and came across an idea you may or may not be interested in looking into. It's called the Soyuz ACRV (Assured Crew Return Vehicle). It was RKK Energia's proposal for an emergency return vehicle to be docked to the ISS that could carry all six or seven crew members safely back to the surface. It would've sat unused, docked to the station for years at a time.

Basically, it was just a huge (in KSP, it would be somewhere between sizes 2 and 3) Soyuz return capsule. The Propulsion module is kind of wacky; there was the mid-life Soviet Union Design, then the modern design. The top one pictured below is the modern version and the bottom is the Soviet version.

If you're interested, Wikipedia, the book, and russianspaceweb.com can probably explain it much better than I can.

NS_Part_1_18_19.jpg

9 hours ago, Joeybafoey said:

I bought myself a copy of Anatoly Zak's Russia in Space, and came across an idea you may or may not be interested in looking into. It's called the Soyuz ACRV (Assured Crew Return Vehicle). It was RKK Energia's proposal for an emergency return vehicle to be docked to the ISS that could carry all six or seven crew members safely back to the surface. It would've sat unused, docked to the station for years at a time.

Basically, it was just a huge (in KSP, it would be somewhere between sizes 2 and 3) Soyuz return capsule. The Propulsion module is kind of wacky; there was the mid-life Soviet Union Design, then the modern design. The top one pictured below is the modern version and the bottom is the Soviet version.

If you're interested, Wikipedia, the book, and russianspaceweb.com can probably explain it much better than I can.

NS_Part_1_18_19.jpg

It's very nice!

But, there is already similar craft in Contares :) 

24 minutes ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

A new Soyuz revamp? Can we get landing jets this time? (I don't remember the name of it, but there was a mod that used to have a plugin for this, wasn't there? Probably not updated, though.) And more accurate solar panels would be nice.

No reason for landing jets, further complication.

Solar panels may receive modifications, but I am not sure yet.

ZEryU3g.png
2XjHkac.png

8 minutes ago, Beale said:

No reason for landing jets, further complication.

Solar panels may receive modifications, but I am not sure yet.

At least a texture implying them would be nice. I'll clip sepratrons into the capsule.

I thought I saw updated solar panel stuff here awhile back? It'd be nice to have one that curves around the body when retracted, rather than jutting out. It'd make fairings narrower.

EDIT: I'm confused. Is this a full Soyuz revamp, or is this a version of the older Soyuz? If the latter, disregard point 1. If the former, can you add the docking window to the orbital module?

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

7 minutes ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

At least a texture implying them would be nice. I'll clip sepratrons into the capsule.

I thought I saw updated solar panel stuff here awhile back? It'd be nice to have one that curves around the body when retracted, rather than jutting out. It'd make fairings narrower.

The texture would be a problem also, as the heatshield is part of the capsule. 

The curved solar panels have the problem of being difficult to use outside of 1.25m curved surfaces, it could be impossible to place them on a flat surface or wider cylinder.

IuAyVOW.png

21 hours ago, Beale said:

The curved solar panels have the problem of being difficult to use outside of 1.25m curved surfaces, it could be impossible to place them on a flat surface or wider cylinder.

There's already so many solar panel options. One niche one wouldn't be too bad at all.