[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

I seem to be unable to download on the Google Drive page. You don't happen to have an alternate download area? If not, that's ok. Thanks.

I can set up a drop-box.

But, first, what problems do you have, maybe I can help? :)

I can set up a drop-box.

But, first, what problems do you have, maybe I can help? :)

I'm not exactly sure what is happening. The download goes ok until I open it. It says the file was damaged or is incorrectly coded. I don't think that the file would be improperly coded,though.

Amo questo! :D

Very nice, I think you are using robotics for the up-right docking adapter?

I would like to try something similar to dock the shuttle to a station.

I'm not exactly sure what is happening. The download goes ok until I open it. It says the file was damaged or is incorrectly coded. I don't think that the file would be improperly coded,though.

I am not sure, do you have a google account? maybe that is the issue, but I have never really thought about it. Do you have trouble with all downloads or one in particular?

I do not have a DropBox account set-up (aside from a work one, which I wouldn't want to use), so I would like to make sure it is absolutely not working before I create a mirror download to maintain, please understand :).

Salyut IVA

As teased earlier, I have made a little progress on Salyut IVA. For the core (large) part.

It is only very loosely inspired by the real interior (like all my IVAs).

Maybe it could has more clutter, but I'm happy at the moment, the lighting makes it feel quite hot and cramped I think.

Constructive criticism welcome, of course!

f5a9239f9a.jpg

697a4766cc.jpg

5dd2d3bdb4.jpg

Edited by Beale

I am not sure, do you have a google account? maybe that is the issue, but I have never really thought about it. Do you have trouble with all downloads or one in particular?

I do not have a DropBox account set-up (aside from a work one, which I wouldn't want to use), so I would like to make sure it is absolutely not working before I create a mirror download to maintain, please understand :).

Understandable, and I don't have a DropBox either. I just seem to behaving trouble with the downloads provided. I've always been able to download form other pages. I even tried signing in with chrome to see if it made a difference, and it did not.

Edited by Skyboss

Understandable, and I don't have a DropBox either. I just seem to behaving trouble with the downloads provided. I've always been able to download form other pages. I even tried signing in with chrome to see if it made a difference, and it did not.

Hey, no good!

Okay, I add DropBox links.

Hope these work!

Spica CV

Tantares / Libra

They are .7Z files, so you will need 7-Zip to unpack them.

I'll put them on the main page in a bit.

I check these work first before adding all the other things (textures).

I'll try. I'm converting them to regular zip files, because my computer's processor cannot handle 7-zip. (I don't know why)

{Edit} Finally got it through a couple of hours of workarounds. Had to use my laptop to download 7-Zip. Now transferring over to the main computer on a flashdrive via "Ye Olde Sneakernet"

Edited by Skyboss

I'll try. I'm converting them to regular zip files, because my computer's processor cannot handle 7-zip. (I don't know why)

{Edit} Finally got it through a couple of hours of workarounds. Had to use my laptop to download 7-Zip. Now transferring over to the main computer on a flashdrive via "Ye Olde Sneakernet"

So it is working? Very good :) .

Salyut

Very nearly done!

OMS is finally in-game and I am happy with its look.

There only remains RCS tanks and final IVA for completion.

-

R.I.P. the image album that once was here

-

Future

Since many have been asking, here is what is planned for future, in order.

• Salyut
  • DR compatibility, by popular demand.
  • Progress
  • Fuji
  • TKS
  • MIR (This may be quite easy when TKS is done)
  • Fishbone (Maybe this can be done before MIR, it is a small project)
  • ??? (Maybe raster prop monitor)

I am moving to a new country in a month, so expect a low-point in work out.

Edited by Beale

Salyut

Very nearly done!

OMS is finally in-game and I am happy with its look.

There only remains RCS tanks and final IVA for completion.

That is looking really good!!

The engine and the adaptor on the back are welded in one part or they are separate parts?

I have a question for the future list: the VA is the TKS?

P.S. for the KSO I simply released the adapter form the cargo bay, then I docked the shuttle to it using RCS

That is looking really good!!

The engine and the adaptor on the back are welded in one part or they are separate parts?

I have a question for the future list: the VA is the TKS?

P.S. for the KSO I simply released the adapter form the cargo bay, then I docked the shuttle to it using RCS

Thanks! :)

The engine is all one part, I did it this way so fairings would work correctly.

(And to allow pipe to travel along the side to the end)

aaa0e85dc9.jpg

Yes, you are right. It is the TKS (VA is just the capsule?).

I think the TKS will be really challenging, it does not like to fit in any normal size category (and making a new size category is out of the scope of this mod I think).

My current thinking is 2.5m, with curved side tanks to make it a bit larger. Engine will have to break size rules as there is no way other. (still, it is a few weeks off yet)

Your way of shuttle docking is much more straightforward!

I might over-engineer some things :D .

Edited by Beale

TKS is the spacecraft (like how the Apollo CSM was a spacecraft). VA (reentry apparatus) is the capsule, and FGB (functional cargo block) is the service module, hab/orbital module, etc block (and is the base building block for Mir and ISS modules).

TKS is the spacecraft (like how the Apollo CSM was a spacecraft). VA (reentry apparatus) is the capsule, and FGB (functional cargo block) is the service module, hab/orbital module, etc block (and is the base building block for Mir and ISS modules).

Ah okay! :)

I think I get the concept now: my quick diagram below.

fee4716626.png

So this would mean I would need to create different things to put in the VA capsule space for building MIR.

about teh size of teh TKS ... well yes ... goinbg to be a problem. look here:

capsules.png%3Fw%3D750%26tok%3De9e48d

judging after this, and taking the Apollo capsule as standard 2.5m capsule for KSP, the maxium diameter of the TKS in KSP is 2.5m, diameter of teh returncapsuel of teh TKs seems to be around 2m in KSP style. take a look at the kosmos space pack. there are soviet styl parts which can be combined to a TKS.

Judging after this, and taking the Apollo capsule as standard 2.5m capsule for KSP, the maxium diameter of the TKS in KSP is 2.5m, diameter of teh returncapsuel of teh TKs seems to be around 2m in KSP style.

Actually KSP standard 2.5m capsule is smaller than Apollo capsule - it can only hold 2 kerbals in row, so 2.5m size is more close to Gemini or Soyuz capsules, as much as most parts are scaled down in KSP, it doesn't work for capsules and cockpits as kerbal proportions (even if they short, they aren't much smaller in different dimensions) doesn't allow to scale down capsules too much.

about teh size of teh TKS ... well yes ... goinbg to be a problem. look here:

http://wiki.alternatehistory.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/timelines/capsules.png%3Fw%3D750%26tok%3De9e48d

judging after this, and taking the Apollo capsule as standard 2.5m capsule for KSP, the maxium diameter of the TKS in KSP is 2.5m, diameter of teh returncapsuel of teh TKs seems to be around 2m in KSP style. take a look at the kosmos space pack. there are soviet styl parts which can be combined to a TKS.

It does complicate things a bit when I see it next to other spacecraft.

By the way, I've spent a long time looking at concepts and never seen any of these, what is the source of them? :) (aside from the URL on picture).

Actually KSP standard 2.5m capsule is smaller than Apollo capsule - it can only hold 2 kerbals in row, so 2.5m size is more close to Gemini or Soyuz capsules, as much as most parts are scaled down in KSP, it doesn't work for capsules and cockpits as kerbal proportions (even if they short, they aren't much smaller in different dimensions) doesn't allow to scale down capsules too much.

Yes! The Kerbals being short, but wide is tricky when I am trying to guess the sizes I will need.

Overall I think 2.5m will be fine for max diameter of VA, even if it is not perfectly scaled, it will become clear as I begin to develop it :) .

Vega

TKS aside, at least the Vega is now released!

It can hold 6!

As usual I'd love to hear people's feedback and critique.

67da52a229.jpg

It does complicate things a bit when I see it next to other spacecraft.

By the way, I've spent a long time looking at concepts and never seen any of these, what is the source of them? :) (aside from the URL on picture).

it's from an alternate history site: http://wiki.alternatehistory.com/doku.php/timelines/eyes_turned_skywards it has soem very intersting ideas and concepts, like "what if Spaceshuttle failed?" and such. And it works with real life ideas and expand them further. TKS as heavy ferry for Sayut/Alamaz, improved Apollo and so on. main focus is on Capsule spaceflight from the beginning of the spacerace until today.

edit: but remember, alternate history on true ideas.

here the link to lot's of images and fanworks (very picheavy):

http://wiki.alternatehistory.com/doku.php/timelines/eyes_turned_skywards_images_and_fanworks

it's from an alternate history site: http://wiki.alternatehistory.com/doku.php/timelines/eyes_turned_skywards it has soem very intersting ideas and concepts, like "what if Spaceshuttle failed?" and such. And it works with real life ideas and expand them further. TKS as heavy ferry for Sayut/Alamaz, improved Apollo and so on. main focus is on Capsule spaceflight from the beginning of the spacerace until today.

edit: but remember, alternate history on true ideas.

here the link to lot's of images and fanworks (very picheavy):

http://wiki.alternatehistory.com/doku.php/timelines/eyes_turned_skywards_images_and_fanworks

2 of those capsules are fiction (Minotaur and LongXing), one is partial fiction (Apollo Block IV), and another never flew manned (TKS).