[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Amazing my friend!!!
:) *excitement builds*

Haha thankyou! There is still some work yet.

The new Fuji looks great!!

Are you planning to do some of the strange orbital modules or only the standard one?

Thanks!

Hmm, I am interested in the Malaysian one also (It is a little boring).

The USA and Russian / Ukraine one are very "unique". If I had to choose, probably the American one, it reminds me of (for some reason):

68eef3e752.jpg

The spacecraft from "Pikmin, The Drake".

Orbital modules from the other image would mostly all require plug-ins, so that is tricky.

We will see! :)

Edited by Beale

Yes, it is already have a specular map (my 3D modeler does not support them though). Quite subtle at the moment though.

I will play with values. :)

Window is full white, panels are grey in alpha map.

Looks good, did you make the panel lines black/ near black? It's hard to tell until you can rotate the model in real-time.

Looks good, did you make the panel lines black/ near black? It's hard to tell until you can rotate the model in real-time.

No I hadn't. You just turned a light bulb above my head :D

Thank you so much! That is seriously the single smallest and best change I've made to the texture. The improvement is staggering! Now the panels are well defined.

I will be sure to do the same for the D2 / Spica at some point!

2113b7967f.jpg335599bbdd.jpg

Also I show off a little bit the Polaris Engine!

Please note the Fuji has some parts still missing here :)

e028241d6e.jpga1ccd1dd6e.jpg92fef3ba2a.jpg

Edited by Beale

I sent a soyuz to the Salyut:

http://i.imgur.com/YdlxPAQ.png

Very nice! :) I would hand some reputation if it would allow me.

It is more accurate than any Salyut I've made in testing.

Can I ask what you thought of the yellow RCS cans?

Obviously they are a bit of a hack job at the moment, just a re-texture.

Here is my old Salyut + Faux TKS

100e416f7e.jpg

Getting version with new doors out is a priority.

Helps blend with stock better.

cbd663798a.jpg

Testing with Remote Tech has made some new interesting combination.

89be2f2eea.jpg

Edited by Beale

Hi guys,

I have a problem the Deadly Reentry patch isn't working i put it into DRE directory but the Tantares reentry module gets no thermal shield.

Also I wanna show you my Tantares launcher system...

-snip-

Very nice system! :) I like the escape tower set-up.

I still have never made a Soyuz style launcher system myself :( I have been meaning to try HGR pack for it.

Modding is more fun the playing the game most time.

For DR I really cannot say I'm sorry. Can anyone else confirm? I may have made an error in the configs.

any news about the TKS/polaris?

Yeah!

TKS has some basic models (in no state at all to show).

It is 1.875m. I will include adapters to 2.5 and 1.25m so parts are not useless on their own. For full 1.875m parts sub-system support I recommend you use the above mentioned HGR pack.

TKS I will probably nick-name "Mantares" for Manta Ray shape / Manly Tantares. Awful joke, but it has to be.

Polaris is nearly done!

2.5m hab with 0.625m end points is not 100% usable all over, but it is best fit for Fuji I think. 1.25m end points would be more useful, but look really ugly.

RCS translation is golden. I didn't take any pics of Salyut docking but it was fun for once.

de3b810b6f.jpg

eb16577bf1.jpg

d3bd4ff72a.jpg

No IVA yet, + still need to do RCS booms.

Considered having soyuz panels default to bend slightly. See:

bfc20c7963.jpg

People's thoughts?

Edited by Beale

I fixed the DRE patch

@PART[Tantares_Crew_1]

{

@maxTemp = 2300

MODULE

{

name = ModuleHeatShield

direction = 0, -1, 0 // underside of fuselage

reflective = 0.25 // 25% of heat is ignored at correct angle

}

}

@PART[spica_Crew_1]

{

@maxTemp = 2300

MODULE

{

name = ModuleHeatShield

}

}

I fixed the DRE patch

@PART[Tantares_Crew_1]

{

@maxTemp = 2300

MODULE

{

name = ModuleHeatShield

}

}

@PART[spica_Crew_1]

{

@maxTemp = 2300

MODULE

{

name = ModuleHeatShield

}

}

Thank you!

Is a little late now, but I update download tomorrow! :)

Polaris is nearly done!

Eeeeeee. That's looking awesome. I agree that it'd be nice if they were 1.25M ports, but I see what you mean - it would look weird.

http://puu.sh/9MQSb/bfc20c7963.jpg

People's thoughts?

I think that looks pretty cool. And somehow things not quite aligning perfectly flat just feels... soviet? :)

http://puu.sh/9MQSb/bfc20c7963.jpg

People's thoughts?

It looks more natural that way, at least it looks more like the solar panels I'm used to seeing on books etc. Somewhat related to this, it feels to me like the animation on the tantares solar panels may be a bit too fast. It definitely feels faster than other solar panels and more "cartoony".

Edited by OrbitalDebris

It looks more natural that way, at least it looks more like the solar panels I'm used to seeing on books etc. Somewhat related to this, it feels to me like the animation on the tantares solar panels may be a bit too fast. It definitely feels faster than other solar panels and more "cartoony".

I totally agree!

I was playing around with the idea of a service module for Tantares, based on the idea that one could repurpose the orbital module to hold fuel, batteries and a terminal for EVA science. I built this prototype, based on Beale's 3D model and alternate orange texture, with a tweaked texture of mine and a part config file.

2014-06-28_00006.jpg

2014-06-28_00007.jpg

I was playing around with the idea of a service module for Tantares, based on the idea that one could repurpose the orbital module to hold fuel, batteries and a terminal for EVA science. I built this prototype, based on Beale's 3D model and alternate orange texture, with a tweaked texture of mine and a part config file.

-snip-

Damn!

That is nice!

Do you want me to include a DL link?

Pro-Tip: If you enable an alpha channel layer in Photoshop / GIMP you can control which parts of the texture are shiny / dull (White is full shiny, black is matte dull).

One small problem I see is that Liquid Fuel could not flow to the engine through the parachute and the decoupler?

Thanks! this is my very first attempt at 3D art, so any and all tips are welcome.

Fuel *can* flow through the parts, if you are smart in how you define your part config file and use module manager :wink:

This was mostly meant to promote discussion since I don't know what license you're using, but if you don't mind my using your assets I can package everything up and upload it somewhere. It will have to wait a few hours, I just realized it's 3am over here...

Thanks! this is my very first attempt at 3D art, so any and all tips are welcome.

Fuel *can* flow through the parts, if you are smart in how you define your part config file and use module manager :wink:

This was mostly meant to promote discussion since I don't know what license you're using, but if you don't mind my using your assets I can package everything up and upload it somewhere. It will have to wait a few hours, I just realized it's 3am over here...

Aha! nice.

The licence allows people to do whatever they want with the parts, make any kind of derivative work. so long that they acknowledge the source and creator (this thread) and do not try to make money off of them, so feel free :) .

P.S. if you have Photoshop, I can chuck you the original .PSD files with all the layers (panels, scratches, sockets, etc.).