[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Well, up until soyuz cosmonauts would need to fit much smaller volume than today, so they were mostly average/below average at height and weight. So, I guess, stick arms up, exhale, push yourself forward and hope that last snack wasn't too much.

It seems to works.Thanks :)

Good. You might want to tweak range.

Time's up!

Yeah' date=' that is it. I am going on hiatus for a few days as I move to another country.

Thanks for all the support over the past few months! It has been an incredibly fun experience developing Tantares.

Wish I could finish the TKS beforehand, but not possible.

So here's the work so far.

[img']http://i.imgur.com/uSBylq9.png

You see two modules still I can't think of uses for.

Maybe if someone has a good (practical) suggestion I could make an allusion to their username in the texture :wink:

hey Beale, best wishes for your moving!

two question: where are you going? and what do you think how long it could take? i dont want to miss one of my favorite modders fpr KSP for too long :3

I hope you to understand I would not like to give information about online.

But I will say :)

• 1. The United Kindgsom
  • 2. I will be out of action for around a week.

Alnair will be completed.

I'll try check these thread a little, help if people have issues / suggestions.

The TKS looks good!

Why don't you make a big crew container instead of two parts?

Are you also going to make the solar panels or it will use the Tantares one?

You're right, it could be 1 large piece (to be straight forward the less non-standard sized parts is better when I am not fully supporting them).

2 separate things could make the whole thing more general-use, but it is hard to find a purpose.

The FGB section of the ship should be capable of autonomous control.

It will use new solar panels, of the right size.

Edited by Beale

Time's up!

Yeah, that is it. I am going on hiatus for a few days as I move to another country.

Thanks for all the support over the past few months! It has been an incredibly fun experience developing Tantares.

http://i.imgur.com/uSBylq9.png

Maybe if someone has a good (practical) suggestion I could make an allusion to their username in the texture :wink:

Body Section 1 = crew tank

Body Section 2 = Crew tank/Cargo hold/Science station

Body Section 3 = Command pod.

Time's up!

Yeah, that is it. I am going on hiatus for a few days as I move to another country.

http://i.imgur.com/uSBylq9.png

Good luck!

As per TKS:

Section 2 - Supply block. It should be a hollow structure with doors (in other words, cargo bay). Users could add any cargo they like (life support containers, KAS containers, RCS tanks, etc). That would allow TKS to be, well, supply craft.

Section 3 - Control\docking module. Contains pilot station (1 Kerbal), docking port (1.25m), reaction wheels, SAS and batteries.

And one question - where would be the OMS? Because on a real TKS, engines have a rather unusual placement:

1024px-TKSmodel1.jpg

OMS is a black things on the gold-colored section. The pilot station is in docking module, and the VA is actually aft section of the ship.

If it isn't too difficult you could make two middle section: a lab and a cargo hold, so that people can personalize their ship for every mission.

For the aft section I agree with biohazard: it should be a command pod (maybe with a little window for docking)

Good luck!

As per TKS:

Section 2 - Supply block. It should be a hollow structure with doors (in other words, cargo bay). Users could add any cargo they like (life support containers, KAS containers, RCS tanks, etc). That would allow TKS to be, well, supply craft.

Section 3 - Control\docking module. Contains pilot station (1 Kerbal), docking port (1.25m), reaction wheels, SAS and batteries.

And one question - where would be the OMS? Because on a real TKS, engines have a rather unusual placement:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/02/TKSmodel1.jpg/1024px-TKSmodel1.jpg

OMS is a black things on the gold-colored section. The pilot station is in docking module, and the VA is actually aft section of the ship.

OMS engines will be small radial ones, 30kn thrust each.

If it isn't too difficult you could make two middle section: a lab and a cargo hold, so that people can personalize their ship for every mission.

For the aft section I agree with biohazard: it should be a command pod (maybe with a little window for docking)

Good ideas, this is the plan now.

Craft files?

Check the first page :) .

Absolute delightfull package! I like the stock-feeling and the super small size. This gives everyone a wonderful small orbital shuttle vehicle. I like how you gave the parts a very Kerbalesque description as well.