[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

um...the tantares pod and docking module are white?in the screenshots the looked like grey-ish but my vab they are white like everything else. is that intented? cause the darker ones look better .

Strange.

Tantares should be medium-dark grey. Can you show a picture? :)

My PC is set up now in my new home. Work resume shortly :)

I would post some pics but I decided to stop playing for some time and uninstalled the game and forgot to take screenshots. the new windows 64 bit version doesn't like mods much (it definitely hates module manager 2.2.0 making this 64 bit version useless...not that I blame the devs) so until the devs can get an updated unity to work with I wont play any more ksp. trying to play with the necessary mods (for me at least) is impossible in the 32 bit version,im the ksp type that plays only sandbox with tons of mods with the purpose of fully populating the kerbal star system with all kinds of spacecraft and colonies , well until the full game gets released with all its features. still I love the freedom that the sandbox provides. I decided to avoid the torture of checking ram usage and having crappy texture resolution (with the texture manager)...As far as the white parts issue goes they were the exact same color as the engine module. I launched the vehicle thinking that in the vab hangar there might be to many lights but it was the same on the launch pad too. In orbit I could see some difference in the coloring but they were still too bright to look like the pics in the dev thread.

Im loving this mod anyway so I hope it will still be kicking when we get a stable and mod friendly windows 64 bit exe.

Edited by techstepman

i found this:

(cool diagram)

there you can see good details about engines and other stuff of TKs and Saljut :)

Ahhhh, now that takes me back to my childhood =). Beware, though, even though those illustrations are *mostly* correct, they were drawn in the early 80s AFAIK, and can sometimes include some errors, like depicting the radiators on top of the TKS's fuel tanks as solar panels.

I'm back into the swing of things! Slowly.

Here is the Alnair habitation module, space for 1 Kerbal + a lot of KAS space (when I update it).

f76686f729.jpgbd35d8f7c9.jpg

All Tantares costs need tweaking, everything is quite expensive at the moment.

Also...

Should they be this big?

3355929298.jpg

Cargo module mostly complete.

It will allow TKS to deploy a very small payload.

Or you could use it like the 6S tubes and stick batteries, etc inside.

Still a long way to go yet, but it is coming.

2e0586c4e3.jpg

1e15e153ed.jpg

4bd846080f.jpg

7292b9f21c.jpg

f1476d2fee.jpg

Edited by Beale

welcome back Baele! very cool to see you workign again. but remember where to palce teh monoprop eninges of the TKS ;)

yeah teh new eninges are ... ugly ... i dont realy like them the vernor and the monoprop eninge are WAY to big for my taste -.-

welcome back Baele! very cool to see you workign again. but remember where to palce teh monoprop eninges of the TKS ;)

Basic shape is here now.

1.875m parts should really be stock, they are quite nice in some craft.

2ac1302d76.jpg

7ae5e8d5ec.jpg

66e973d3c3.jpg

Question: Could you make an alternate version of the Alnair that carries two kerbals? It strikes me as silly that it would only carry one when the tiny Polaris has room for two.

Thank you on the Alnair :)

By default the crew module it is carrying three in the pod.

In the mid section just one and in the bottom just one.

I could fit more I suppose?

Also I forgot to show the bottom has a window

e4278f5926.jpg

Kerman in the cargo bay.

e2635ceb0b.jpg

Can't find information on why the TKS never flew manned. :(

ada610ad64.jpg

Edited by Beale

this is going to be awesome ....

about the manned TKS flight. i think it was mostly becasue of the time ... manned flight was sheduled around mid/end 80's ... but soviet russia had great problems with economy, and other Projects like Buran/Energia ... and TKS was designed for Saljut, but in the 80's Salujt was going to be repalced by MIR. and for MIR, there was the more reliably Soyus and Progress

TKS 1 - 17. July 1977, unmanned testflight without docking

TKS 2 - 25. April 1981, unmanned testflight, later docked to Saljut 6 (19. June 1981)

TKS 3 - 2. March 1983, unmanned carrier with suppleys for Saljut 7, fuel and other things

TKS 4 - should be first manned flight, but difficultys with Saljut 7 spacestation (and maybe mostly political reasons) ended the manned TKS programm of the Sovietunion before it even could start. TKS 4 was launched on September 27. 1985 and docked to Saljut 7 as module. return capsuel was heavly modified to carry scintific instruments.

TKS 5 - FGB module redesigned as TUG for Kvant 1 for MIR

TKS 6 - FGB module redesigned for Poljus

but found this:

"In March 2005, Khrunichev enterprise, Russia's leading developer of rocket technology and spacecraft, unveiled ambitious plans for the country's participation in the US-led exploration of the Moon. Moscow-based company proposed a super heavy-lift rocket booster, along with a new generation of partially reusable spacecraft, which could be used to support manned expeditions to the Moon..."

Thank you on the Alnair :)

I could fit more I suppose?

Also I forgot to show the bottom has a window

http://puu.sh/aljyV/e4278f5926.jpg

Kerman in the cargo bay.

http://puu.sh/alldA/e2635ceb0b.jpg

Can't find information on why the TKS never flew manned. :(

http://puu.sh/all7x/ada610ad64.jpg

The TKS was quite advanced in its development and testing. From my research it appears to me that the TKS got caught up in the political transformation and bureau maneuvering that was happening in the Soviet Union at the time.

Your TKS is beautiful BTW. Looking forward to this becoming my most used spacecraft.

Ok, I see! I thought the crew capsule only had room for one. My mistake! I think your setup sounds great.

Thankyou for all the information on the TKS :) It seems there is no clear single reason why it didn't fly.

I am particularily excited for the cargo bay. It seems like that's one of the parts that is inexplicably missing from KSP.

Thanks!

Combined with KAS it's kinda useful!

Of course, as with every KSP cargo bay ever made, it is somewhat awkward to place things inside, but that's out of my hands.

4ea0b459ea.jpg

149b83c1a3.jpg

Next up, radiator panels, radial engine, solar panels and decoupler and then exterior is done!

Edited by Beale

Radiators definitely need a texture re-do, but their shape helps bring the whole thing together.

Contain 250 mono each.

I also discovered the coolness that is assigning the cargo bay doors to the "gear" action group.

4e07f88e4c.jpg

1603284e72.jpg

The tanks can act as a 1.25m to 1.875m adapter.

8db2371ee0.jpg

that means ... only interior left, right? :D

Nope! :)

There is still the solar panels and decoupler to do. Solar panels are sort of half done.

And then interior.

And then balance.

Then career mode compatibility.

Eh eh eh.

:(

Thank you for the support! But there is a while to go yet. This is my favourite craft so far though, I think.

Edited by Beale

Nope! :)

There is still the solar panels and decoupler to do. Solar panels are sort of half done.

And then interior.

And then balance.

Then career mode compatibility.

Eh eh eh.

:(

Thank you for the support! But there is a while to go yet. This is my favourite craft so far though, I think.

could always have someone else help out with the career mode compatibility and the balancing (not me of course) in exchanging for early access....