[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Wowow! I like this a lot.

The design of the "scrapping the engines" I like a lot. How is that achieved?

With the help of cargo bay end cap from KM Special pack (located between 2.5m SAS and fuel tank, upside down) - it has two attach nodes, first is used to attach central engine and 2.5-1.25m fuel tank, and second is used to attach decoupler for engine cowling (also upside down). No clipping or Alt-F12 involved.

The engine cowlings are made from KM shrouds.

Start TWR is 1.2-1.3, depending on payload. Works like charm with NEAR :)

What would you suggest to make them more viable as life support supply vehicles, roughly double the cargo? It gets tricky adding too much as the vehicles get insanely heavy.

Finally managed to edit some configs to make them viable and not too heavy. :confused:

Here is an imgur album with the stats of the resupply vehicles.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I also added/edited configs for Modular Fuel Tanks, Dang It!, KAS and batteries, and got everything posted in a repository on github : eagleshift/MMConfigs (WARNING : those reconfigs are a WIP, use them at your own risk. They aren't supported by Beale, but by my at the moment. Any bug report concerning them shall be directed to me, until further notice, to unclutter this thread and let Beale breathe between his fast-paced releases !)

I'm not quite sure about the numbers, crunched 'em using a spreadsheet, but I'm sure they could use some feedback :cool:

Edit : I accidentaly blew the repo, working on restoring that...

Edited by Eagleshift
Repository blown, added info on progress

Finally managed to edit some configs to make them viable and not too heavy. :confused:

http://imgur.com/a/vJ8ED

I also added/edited configs for Modular Fuel Tanks, Dang It!, KAS and batteries, and got everything posted in a repository on github : eagleshift/MMConfigs

I'm not quite sure about the numbers, crunched 'em using a spreadsheet, but I'm sure they could use some feedback :cool:

Awesome, i'm trying these out presently!

Those textures are looking great!

Thanks!

Mir !!! :P

Waiting a lot for it !

Soon/not so soon! :wink:

Thanks...

My second video ...

I like it! :cool:

Vostok Space Habitat. Room enough for one Kerbal, a few snacks, and maybe a space suit?

http://i.imgur.com/atGNrwb.jpg

That is interesting :) How did you do the docking (Or was it launched as one). The Vostok doesn't have much in the way of translation.

With the help of cargo bay end cap from KM Special pack (located between 2.5m SAS and fuel tank, upside down) - it has two attach nodes, first is used to attach central engine and 2.5-1.25m fuel tank, and second is used to attach decoupler for engine cowling (also upside down). No clipping or Alt-F12 involved.

The engine cowlings are made from KM shrouds.

Start TWR is 1.2-1.3, depending on payload. Works like charm with NEAR :)

Ah, that makes more sense now! I really do like this style, might give it a go.

http://imgur.com/a/vJ8ED

I also added/edited configs for Modular Fuel Tanks, Dang It!, KAS and batteries, and got everything posted in a repository on github : eagleshift/MMConfigs (WARNING : those reconfigs are a WIP, use them at your own risk. They aren't supported by Beale, but by my at the moment. Any bug report concerning them shall be directed to me, until further notice, to unclutter this thread and let Beale breathe between his fast-paced releases !)

"You did the maths" as they say.

Very nice work on this.

I'll give the numbers a once over by playing a quick game of "supply the station" with a TAC save.

But I think this config will be adopted as the new standard one distributed with Tantares, if you're happy with that?

Very nice work also on the other configs (MFTs, batteries). I have a feeling the numbers there are more based on logic and reason than my vague guesses, again, I'll probably adopt them into the default .CFGs if it's alright with yourself.

Whatever happend to that old Tantares Satellite Van Thingy?

Sadly the working files were lost! :(

Perhaps I'll make a new one some time, with an IVA.

Edited by Beale

when i deploy chute on "soyuz", it deploy down to ground.

You are using RealChutes, yes?

Add this to realchutes config:

MODULE
{
name = ProceduralChute
textureLibrary = StockReplacement
currentCanopies = Main chute
}

TLV tank parts, 1.25m diam

Okay, so this is as basic as a mock-up gets. But, it should be enough to get the idea across as to how this thing is going to work.

e5bc80a9a2.jpg

Edited by Beale

"You did the maths" as they say.

Very nice work on this.

I'll give the numbers a once over by playing a quick game of "supply the station" with a TAC save.

But I think this config will be adopted as the new standard one distributed with Tantares, if you're happy with that?

Very nice work also on the other configs (MFTs, batteries). I have a feeling the numbers there are more based on logic and reason than my vague guesses, again, I'll probably adopt them into the default .CFGs if it's alright with yourself.

Glad my CFG-edit skill were of use to you ! :cool:

I've got no problem with my tweaks being integrated, perhaps my number-crunching could use some of your insight and be worked some more. I'm currently extending the tweaks to cover all the Tantares parts, and they'd need some modification to work as the default .CFGs, as they are designed to supersede yours.

My apologies about the availability of the files, I accidentaly... the whole repo, and I'm in the process of modifiying the way the current patches are applied. Anyway, I'm available by PM if the need should arise. I'll set up my repository back and check everything with you !

making an R-7 are you?

Yep!

When this is finished, I think I can call the launch vehicle pack more or less "complete" (pending updates).

The only challenges will be nice looking engines, etc.

I doubt I'll include the verniers, favouring a generic engine that can be used on every stage of the rocket.

5dd674059b.jpg

Glad my CFG-edit skill were of use to you ! :cool:

I've got no problem with my tweaks being integrated, perhaps my number-crunching could use some of your insight and be worked some more. I'm currently extending the tweaks to cover all the Tantares parts, and they'd need some modification to work as the default .CFGs, as they are designed to supersede yours.

My apologies about the availability of the files, I accidentaly... the whole repo, and I'm in the process of modifiying the way the current patches are applied. Anyway, I'm available by PM if the need should arise. I'll set up my repository back and check everything with you !

No worries!

I'll hopefully get this lot in soon. I'm currently holding off an update for a little while longer while waiting for bugs. I'll keep an eye on the repo for more!

Beale after you are the Done with the MIR, Could you try making a Stockalike ISS, Stockalike Mini Space Shuttle or some sort of "Original" Spacecraft?

Hi!

ISS

Nope, I can't. It would be a gargantuan undertaking (To do it at least semi-accurately). I just don't have the time or interest in the American segments of the ISS to do that.

Russian segments of ISS? Misc ISS Parts? Maybe, that would be a good base for people to build the ISS using this and a few other mods / stock + They wouldn't take a whole lot of work.

There are so many parts, really.

3d137328fd.jpg

Mini Space Shuttle / Original Spacecraft

A 1.25m mini shuttle I've toyed with for a very long time.

I've made attempts to adapt the Shuttle PB from Orbiter, but never got it finished.

Those not familiar with this, it is a very nimble little VTOL craft.

7578d3ebd2.jpg

An original spacecraft is very interesting. If I ever came up with a good idea, I'd probably do that.

Vernier engines can be done properly with firespiter plugin. these are a must for R-107 engine.

That is a fair point.

Ideally they will be done with separate parts, as not to introduce any dependencies.

Really can't have any dependencies. It would drive me insane.

Edited by Beale

Russian segments of ISS? Misc ISS Parts? Maybe, that would be a good base for people to build the ISS using this and a few other mods / stock + They wouldn't take a whole lot of work.

Personally, I'd like to have Zarya-styled RCS tanks and ISS-themed trusses and radiators. But good ISS copies may be assembled with Near Future parts (radiators, solar wings, trusses), FusTek (American segment) and Tantares (Russian segment) combined. And I've seen a mod on MEPS pallets, can't remember the link.

Personally, I'd like to have Zarya-styled RCS tanks and ISS-themed trusses and radiators. But good ISS copies may be assembled with Near Future parts (radiators, solar wings, trusses), FusTek (American segment) and Tantares (Russian segment) combined. And I've seen a mod on MEPS pallets, can't remember the link.

Hi!

I think certainly misc. parts like the ones you mentioned could be on the cards. But, the Trusses are a point I'm not sure on (There are mods like HexTruss dedicated to that alone).

Good ideas all around though, the Longer and shorter TKS style RCS tanks are needed. :)

unfortunatly it not work (or i do it wrong). not big deal, real chute must be deleted!)

Shame to hear.

The fix should work, but if it is easier for you to not use Realchutes, then that is ok :)

You will make the R-7 (Soyuz) and the N-1 ?

Hi!

R7, yes, work has already begun.

N1, no. I would suggest using SXT.

e5bc80a9a2.jpg

That is interesting :) How did you do the docking (Or was it launched as one). The Vostok doesn't have much in the way of translation.

The habitat itself docks with the Vostok, it still launches with it, just vostok on top, the habitat is attached by a decoupler.

-snip-

Upcoming first is nothing special.

Just, really the cone part for Spektr

Spektr.jpg

Not really wanting to show these parts until they're more or less in-game.

The habitat itself docks with the Vostok, it still launches with it, just vostok on top, the habitat is attached by a decoupler.

Ah! That makes more sense, thanks :)

Edited by KasperVld

I already mentioned it, but there is a low part stock ISS here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88361-Bespin-Aerospace-Completelly-Stock-Replicas-of-Real-Stuff!-NOW-TAKING-REQUESTS!

With the Tantares parts (glory to Beale !), it's possible to make it looking even more realistic with low part count, even more if using few FusTek parts.

Edited by ndiver

I wish I had the drive to deal with FusTek's dependencies. It's such a beautiful mod, and a lovely ISS could be done in combination with this one.

That's not to say I want Tantares to tackle the American/European orbital segments, though. I'm happy with Tantares being what it is. Only things I'd want added to this pack are more probe parts, since I like tiny spacecraft, but again, I'm happy with Tantares as is.

Thanks for your work, Beale.