[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

The new designs look great Beale!

Thanks! :)

I hope we will get a larger crew cabin in the TKS in place of that cargo bay. It's so small that you can't really put very much in there.

Depends what you are trying to use it for, I usually but KAS things and whatnot in there :) For satellites, it is really probably the wrong thing to use.

But yes, there has been a few ideas thrown around about a larger crew cabins.

VA-Full assembly.

a8f1d2881d.jpg

815988b291.jpg

f53086ef2c.jpg

More:

Those a while back may remember I was talking about "TantaresMD" a third and small mod, to go alongside Tantares and TantaresLV, that would focus on lunar base building and ISRU.

It was going to use Regolith, but, it seems Regolith is about to become stock, so that's good news!

Edited by Beale

See - the problem with all this awesomeness .. I was _JUST_ about to start a new career-mode game, but now I want to wait for the new soyuz and VA to be released lol :-)

It is nice to hear :)

Well, why I am waiting to finish TKS to release: try not to have too many save-altering releases.

Some may have noticed last parachute was the Soyuz one rescaled, now there is a proper one and a blue (BLUE!) parachute.

06bc8153e9.jpg

bd19538ead.jpg

Behold... The power!!!

http://i.imgur.com/Zgjra5A.png

I actually thought it would be brighter, but the part count on this craft is well over 1000, and I crashed trying to launch this, so I think I'd better stop messing with the lights.:(

*Ikaneko throws up*

The only time I've seen this kind of brightness is when some nutter clipped tons of lander cans into one can.

The bugginess was real.

Woo! blue chute!

First test flight of Òþ÷òрðщðõüыù ÃÂÿÿðрðт :)

26274480ba.jpg

Jeb is go for cabin depresse.

ccfc8ace7c.jpg

Free flying.

b03a4a2e9e.jpg

Test fire of VA engine.

35055558b1.jpg

Entry.

09513bee0e.jpg

5860c53d12.jpg

b43ddec171.jpg

Behold... The power!!!

http://i.imgur.com/Zgjra5A.png

I actually thought it would be brighter, but the part count on this craft is well over 1000, and I crashed trying to launch this, so I think I'd better stop messing with the lights.:(

f3810b49ba.jpg

I commend your dedication to the science of illumination! You may have solved the problem of nuclear fusion with those amounts of lights.

The test spaceship looks really like something Excalibur-like! :)

I've seen the spreadsheet, really useful for configs.

Also, I've finally spent the whole day by myself and could finally made another part of RSSA story... And even more parts, actually, but one per day, I think. :)

The test spaceship looks really like something Excalibur-like! :)

I've seen the spreadsheet, really useful for configs.

It does!

533989b713.jpg

The difference being this one will actually fly.

I might as well put up a Beta, for anyone who wants to take the VA for a spin, granted it's a pretty minimal system at the moment.

Thanks for RO'ifying the spreadsheets, they are looking more substantial now. :)

Also, I've finally spent the whole day by myself and could finally made another part of RSSA story... And even more parts, actually, but one per day, I think. :)

You should try working from home, I think I have forgotten what a human face looks like :cool:

Is it just me, or does it look like Jeb landed in the ending of Interstellar?

Spoilers! :)

On that topic, why do real spacecraft have such bizzare RCS placement? Is there something they know that we don't?

Generally speaking you don't want to be spraying propellant at the thing you're trying to dock with, so lots of spacecraft have their RCS designed to be able to manoeuvre without firing directly in certain directions. This doesn't matter the slightest in KSP.

At least that's part of the reason.

Edited by hoojiwana

You should try working from home, I think I have forgotten what a human face looks like :cool:

In my case, it's not possible, our Research Institute has a kinda strict policy and an electronic ID cards system, recording how many hours you've been there.

But, on the other hand, I'm on my vacations till February, so no one will force me to go to work, it's just I love being there. :)

On that topic, why do real spacecraft have such bizzare RCS placement? Is there something they know that we don't?

It's more realistic, the real Soyuz and TKS have it that way. :)

That's the ticket!

Eyes, nose(?), mouth, seems about right.

Beale, i just noticed, the new 3-way RCS port for Tantares will be very good for the TKS :)

can't wait to get my hands on it :D

I'm sure you will come up with some nice little things! :)

Generally speaking you don't want to be spraying propellant at the thing you're trying to dock with, so lots of spacecraft have their RCS designed to be able to manoeuvre without firing directly in certain directions. This doesn't matter the slightest in KSP.

At least that's part of the reason.

With KSP's all powerful reaction wheels, you can get away with some pretty obscure reaction system setups too.

Take the Tanta Mk1, which could maneuver, dock, all that jazz with just linear thrusters around the skirt.

ea4abb9ac4.jpg

That reminds me, where is that image originally from?

If I'm not mistaken, an American bible-themed children's programme

I never did choose the avatar for relevancy :rolleyes:In fact the original source veers just on the little side of creepy for me.

Edited by Beale

Along with "where does the exhaust go" placement is also dictated by Center Of Mass. Yaw, pitch and roll want to be far away from the COM for leverage, while translation thrusters want to be placed where there Center of Thrust is *through* the COM.

Beale, the amount of time and effort you have put into this pack is amazing, the quality of modeling is equally fantastic, and the amount of involvement you have had with the users of this mod in this thread has been even better. It's rare you'll see someone who maintains a mod, go through and reply to all the posts and questions people pose in their thread. Keep up the good work man. You're an amazing modder, and an even better member of the community, and it would be a shame to lose you.

Is the name Beale from Beale Park in the UK??

Beale, the amount of time and effort you have put into this pack is amazing, the quality of modeling is equally fantastic, and the amount of involvement you have had with the users of this mod in this thread has been even better. It's rare you'll see someone who maintains a mod, go through and reply to all the posts and questions people pose in their thread. Keep up the good work man. You're an amazing modder, and an even better member of the community, and it would be a shame to lose you.

Agreed. How many modders respond to almost all of the posts on their thread within an hour?

How many others are sentient Bread 🍞??

No, seriously, how do you type??

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. How many modders respond to almost all of the posts on their thread within an hour?

How many others are sentient Bread ðŸÂž??

No, seriously, how do you type??

Been messing around with the beta VA for a little bit - seems to be working great.

Good to hear!

Sadly no TKS news today.

Very kind words thankyou :)

I do it because I enjoy it, and you people!

Very nice to hear! Thankyou :)

The "Beale" is from "Beale Street Blues", It's an old Jazz song. I choose the name for... reasons...

AB Launchers.

Check it out!

Took a break from Tantares to put together the RD-170.

7fcdc6e754.jpg

6202be5e9e.jpg

f1232d7803.jpg