[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Well, the one I'm talking about is Kolyma's Shadow, a different timeline, but at the moment both are currently receiving weekly updates.

Oh! Have to say I wasn't aware of that!

Cool!

Adjusted Truss, now with AO!

Still fiddling around here. Ideally I want to fit the Block B fuel tank on the same sheet.

But, I'm sure you can appreciate a 7m and 5m tank on one 1024x1024 texture sheet, it's a bit of a squeeze!

c5fbb81273.jpg

a2dae2b0fb.jpg

a5b36c1ed8.jpg

45d2fa897c.jpg

And!

The Block B!

http://puu.sh/fXSLZ/15337bea7d.jpg

It's quite a greeble-free rocket, the N-1 in general. But I though I'd put a pipe there for the sake of it.

http://puu.sh/fXSUN/69091baac7.jpg

What more can I fit in?

It's tempting to go for the Block C tank.

http://puu.sh/fXT6p/9e6be414c2.jpg

tumblr_mnhgc5zptq1rjkfjuo1_500.gif

I still think that the white + gold looks better.

So just curious - the N1 in development , are any of the tanks tops-or-bottoms and/or engines going to be the same size as the "big stuff" from the AB launchers set?

Not that it matters, I'm just pondering possibilities for mix-and-matching.

Hooo!

Wow. I have also noticed all the vernors on the stage first!

So just curious - the N1 in development , are any of the tanks tops-or-bottoms and/or engines going to be the same size as the "big stuff" from the AB launchers set?

Not that it matters, I'm just pondering possibilities for mix-and-matching.

Yep! The top of the Block A is 5m, coincidentally the size of the AB core!

The bottom is 6.25, which is a "standard" size in procedural parts.

You can mix and match mine and Lack's engines also, but they probably wont differs in stats a large amount.

Those N-1 parts look wonderful especially with the beige and gold color scheme and by seeing that it sort of reminded me the first Alien movie, probably the beige color I guess. Point is I can see myself definitely building a big spaceship with those parts and like I mentioned previously: I build one-stage vessels and use cheats so expect to see customized N1 orbiting Jool in it's full glory at some point in the future when the KSP 1.0 is out and that blasted Kraken better not send a monolith my way and launch me beyond the environment and into no environment. :huh: I've had some weird stuff happen with almost all my spacecraft when orbiting Jool or one of it's moons and the next thing you know is a sentient bread making parts for our ships, wait what!? Did my goo canister somehow swallow my last loaf of bread!?? :confused: Who knows, who cares. Keep up the good work Beale! :D

Edited by T'Flok

Will we get Block G and Block D (I think those were the ones on the N1/L3, I can't remember) with the N1?

The Block D will be part of the revamped LK.

The Block I is the LOK service module. Which already exists. :)

Those N-1 parts look wonderful especially with the beige and gold color scheme and by seeing that it sort of reminded me the first Alien movie' date=' probably the beige color I guess. Point is I can see myself definitely building a big spaceship with those parts and like I mentioned previously: I build one-stage vessels and use cheats so expect to see customized N1 orbiting Jool in it's full glory at some point in the future [/quote']

I did used to play like this very much!

Then I started modding, first made engines with ~9000 ISP (Almost infinite fuel).

Then gradually worked my way down to realistic levels!

I am not saying you are playing the game wrong (You're playing it right), but it is very rewarding to beat my cheat addiction! :)

Gold beige is beautiful, but if you're doing the N-IU your ref. model should be this:

http://www.friends-partners.org/mwade/graphics/n/n1f1974.jpg

So, as you see, the fuel lines for the engines are a lot more streamlined, almost arrow like, compared to yours.

Anyway, looking much better now!

I guess I'm doing the N-1F then? (Haha, these naming schemes, I am hopeless to differentiate between them).

I am glad you approve of some of the changes, you are our resident N-1 expert! :)

Potentially I'll get the Block C done today...

Beale, I think he meant not the block I, but the cilyndrical Block G which propells LOK+LK+Block D towards the Moon. :)

Oh!

Yes, of course!

I forgot of this part of the rocket!

(For some reason I had been thinking the Block D was mounted directly above the Block C)

aa44e76c63.jpg

Edited by Beale

I'd just like to suggest that you might want to keep the cylinder scales as accurate as possible. (I mean the top and bottom width ratios.) => That'll make the parts usable in RSS, because there is no way you can .cfg edit the width proportions.

And the Blok B engine... that... that's not really going to work, I think. I mean, you blow your shrouding and then you got meters of empty space between the end of an engine bell and the fuel tank :/

Hi, great work with this mod, i like your Soyuz more than others for its stockalike look and its modularity ;)

This is an image of two of my (yours) Koyuz KM ships docked on 450km LEO, the two ships are identical except one has a passive port and other a probe. I'm playing with Realism Overhaul, Real Solar System, FAR, Mechjeb, RemoteTech and a lot of other mods!

mKCuQWF.jpg

First ship was launched from Baikonur on a 45° orbit with my Koyuz Launcher (made with stock/procedural parts, KW rocketry tanks and Bobcat soviet engines following the real Soyuz specifications). The ship then maneuvered with onboard engine and thrusters to a circular 450km orbit. The second ship was launched from Tanegashima on the same 45° plane, then maneuvered first on a 350km circular phasing orbit and performed an Hohman transfer to intercept the first ship about 2 days after. Jebediah then performed a very smooth semi-manual docking. The two ships undocked and both crew returned home safely after a 5-6g thruster controlled reentry.

Goodbye and good work on the mod! Alessandro

I'd just like to suggest that you might want to keep the cylinder scales as accurate as possible. (I mean the top and bottom width ratios.) => That'll make the parts usable in RSS, because there is no way you can .cfg edit the width proportions.

And the Blok B engine... that... that's not really going to work, I think. I mean, you blow your shrouding and then you got meters of empty space between the end of an engine bell and the fuel tank :/

Yup, the scales are accurate as I can reasonably make them! :)

It's coincidental the the real ratios fit really quite well to the standard Kerbal diameters.

44904c8ef4.jpg

The Block-B - not sure what you mean?

Are they not that low profile?

But, this Block-B engine will not have a shroud, it directly connect below to the decoupler (Why the nozzles do not extend beyond the base).

1803bd0622.jpg

Hi, great work with this mod, i like your Soyuz more than others for its stockalike look and its modularity ;)

This is an image of two of my (yours) Koyuz KM ships docked on 450km LEO, the two ships are identical except one has a passive port and other a probe. I'm playing with Realism Overhaul, Real Solar System, FAR, Mechjeb, RemoteTech and a lot of other mods!

http://i.imgur.com/mKCuQWF.jpg

First ship was launched from Baikonur on a 45° orbit with my Koyuz Launcher (made with stock/procedural parts, KW rocketry tanks and Bobcat soviet engines following the real Soyuz specifications). The ship then maneuvered with onboard engine and thrusters to a circular 450km orbit. The second ship was launched from Tanegashima on the same 45° plane, then maneuvered first on a 350km circular phasing orbit and performed an Hohman transfer to intercept the first ship about 2 days after. Jebediah then performed a very smooth semi-manual docking. The two ships undocked and both crew returned home safely after a 5-6g thruster controlled reentry.

Goodbye and good work on the mod! Alessandro

Another first post! :D

Always nice to see an RO mission! Docking is very impressive!

Thank you for the kind words!

Edited by Beale

Essentially, I mean this:

k93OJ5f.jpg

PS:Watch the bottom skirt! Yours is fully conical instead of being cylindrical-conical!

If you need something bigger to see the difference, here's a cut:

http://www.bernd-leitenberger.de/img/n1cut.gif

(Yes, the only 4 launches were fully conical, but the real "production" version, if there would've ever been one, would have this cylinder-cone arrangement for sure, 8l and 9l(?) were already built like that.)

PPS:So, are you going to arrowify those fuel line bulky-thingys? Look at zhe drawing, much more arrow-like!

Essentially, I mean this:

http://i.imgur.com/k93OJ5f.jpg

PS:Watch the bottom skirt! Yours is fully conical instead of being cylindrical-conical!

If you need something bigger to see the difference, here's a cut:

http://www.bernd-leitenberger.de/img/n1cut.gif

(Yes, the only 4 launches were fully conical, but the real "production" version, if there would've ever been one, would have this cylinder-cone arrangement for sure, 8l and 9l(?) were already built like that.)

PPS:So, are you going to arrowify those fuel line bulky-thingys? Look at zhe drawing, much more arrow-like!

I am still not sure with the engines, that will never happen with mine, as they have no shroud?

But the lower stage is cylindrical-conical! Maybe it is a little hard to see in the screenshots I've posted.

f1583a072a.jpg

16f34139fb.jpg "Alright"

Edited by Beale