[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

*grumbles* He must've hired some modellers with all the øýþÑÂтрðýýþù òðûютõ he gained whilst making stuff for the capitalist pigdogs. */grumbles*

Hey, working for 'Merica pays well!

You should make the rocket engine part two pieces, with the six center rocket engines removable (like as one part) so that you can make the 1962 draft of N1.

Poor Korolev </3

Edited by Kibble
clarifying I'm not very good at sentences

Lovely N-1!

I hope it'll get gimbals on its engines? (The one from SXT has no gimbals, IIRC)

The N-1 didn't had much roll control (if i have to believe the book "Voyage" by Stephen Baxter), so that will be hard to implement.

Answer: Exellent work!

How I imagne the first lift off:

http://media1.giphy.com/media/BqHng2hpjOUdW/giphy.gif

You're breaking out the gifs! This can only mean good things.

You should make the rocket engine part two pieces, with the six center rocket engines removable (like as one part) so that you can make the 1962 draft of N1.

Poor Korolev </3

Perhaps in the future, for now I will be just happy to have it working :)

Whoa, it's huge. I approve! If you're looking into nicer looking fx, check out Hotrockets and Smokescreen.

To avoid dependencies, but I will try to at least get some nice looking flames (no smoke sadly)

Arguably, 0.5 gimbal for an engine with gianormous thrust is more than enough.

EDIT:Or add 4 RD-58-surface-adaptations for roll control. N-IF1974 ftw!

I'll see how initial flights go (maybe tonight!). :)

Emilia Clarke

‎( á° Üʖ á°)

Good lord, the number of transforms that giving all of those gimbals will entail boggles the mind. To think I was complaining about building a nine nozzle engine...

Eheh! Well, they are all separated by 15 degrees, so it is actually quite easy to mass-place them! :)

Decouplers:

Nothing special, but functional.

10d7b3ed9e.jpg

Hey there! While we do in fact have an easy guide, please do open an issue and we'll see to help you out with it :)

Hey!

Many thanks! :)

I will get to this when N-1 is read to go.

I'd prefer having the decouplers thicker. You know, for physics reasons. With thin parts connecting big there will be wobble. And with the N-1 -- lots of wobble and, well, realistic rapid unplanned disassembly.

It's a very good point, I am a little concerned.

I'm trying something with the colliders to reduce wobble, but we may very well end up in wobble town: They will need to be thicker.

Here's hoping they work! :)

Just wrapping up the colliders now, then will export to game.

I'd prefer having the decouplers thicker. You know, for physics reasons. With thin parts connecting big there will be wobble. And with the N-1 -- lots of wobble and, well, realistic rapid unplanned disassembly.

As far as I'm aware distance between nodes has nothing to do with that. Part of connection strength is down to the mass of the parts connected, which is why big heavy tanks directly joined seem to be stronger than a tank and a decoupler. The 5m decoupler in ABL is pretty thin (but masses 3.6 tons) but I've launched it wedged between 200/300 ton parts of a rocket with no strutting and it seemed okay. Each side was only a few parts so wobble wasn't too bad, so the N1 decouplers between similar masses should be fairly stable if their masses aren't too low.

A better reason for having thicker decouplers is the node-snapping in the editor. Less likely to snap the wrong node with a thicker part.

Edited by hoojiwana

As far as I'm aware distance between nodes has nothing to do with that. Part of connection strength is down to the mass of the parts connected, which is why big heavy tanks directly joined seem to be stronger than a tank and a decoupler. The 5m decoupler in ABL is pretty thin (but masses 3.6 tons) but I've launched it wedged between 200/300 ton parts of a rocket with no strutting and it seemed okay. Each side was only a few parts so wobble wasn't too bad, so the N1 decouplers between similar masses should be fairly stable if their masses aren't too low.

A better reason for having thicker decouplers is the node-snapping in the editor. Less likely to snap the wrong node with a thicker part.

This is news to me, pretty cool :)

Another reason: My "status quo" for colliders so far has been a rescale 97% of the original mesh's dimensions (Obviously with a very simplified collider mesh), so there is often void between the node and the actual collider.

This used to be required due to VAB clipping, but that isn't a problem anymore.

The Unity work is done now, I just need to make a lot of configs! :confused:

Still missing the Block G and Block C engines.

b2c54acb0d.jpg

Edited by Beale

Urah!

Launch! But I forgot moduleGimbal!

Please excuse the almost certainly wrong Russian.

÷ðÿуÑÂтøть !

b249564945.jpg

üы шðó ø÷-ÿþô úþýтрþûѠ!

a4837cb182.jpg

ÃÂõт þтòõтð þт úðрôðýýþóþ ÿþôòõÑÂð!

21f76af72c.jpg

þтôõûøть !

54486de394.jpg

ab0fc58bd0.jpg

As a bonus, I accidentally gave the Block A 64300 KN by mistake at first!

4f6329b178.jpg

Fantastic! Great to see it finally get off the pad! I may be out of the loop and all, remind me again what all the diameters of these parts are top and bottom?

Thank you!

2.5m

Block C Tank

2.5m - 3.75m

Block B Tank

3.75m - 5m

Block A Tank

5m - 6.25m

Bottom (Block A Engine)

7.5m

I fixed the gimbals, now it is a pleasure to fly!

Just made orbit (With the Block C tank emptied out, it was dead weight without engine).

It is very nice to fly, gimbal is smooth, zero wobble ( :D ).

b4a8c3b122.jpg

09819a3922.jpg

86f93176e8.jpg

0a4b55d62b.jpg

I fixed the gimbals, now it is a pleasure to fly!

Just made orbit (With the Block C tank emptied out, it was dead weight without engine).

It is very nice to fly, gimbal is smooth, zero wobble ( :D ).

http://puu.sh/g2YsX/b4a8c3b122.jpg

http://puu.sh/g2Yu4/09819a3922.jpg

http://puu.sh/g2YuQ/86f93176e8.jpg

http://puu.sh/g2Yvv/0a4b55d62b.jpg

It's sooo beautiful, I can hardly wait to launch it. Thank you Beale for this wonderful mod. :)

It's sooo beautiful, I can hardly wait to launch it. Thank you Beale for this wonderful mod. :)

Thank you!

It means an awful lot to me when people are making a first post to say this! :)

Hopefully I can get the Block G and a beta out there tomorrow (Or today, 1:24 am, I should sleep!).