[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

That looks fantastic! Do the vernors run off MP or LF? I enjoy interestingly shaped tanks. Cylinders are boring. :P Is the nozzle using the Polaris engine bell texture?

Thanks! :)

The engine is its own texture, which is somewhat unusual, 256x256.

The RCS run on LF/OX!

1861a7dad3.jpg

Tasty greebles.

Can't help thinking the heavily stockalike style doesn't match Blok-D or TLV very well. Maybe that's just me though.

Yes, you're totally right on the style clash.

I've had a major change of heart over the current Blok-D tank, it needs redoing completely (Some horrible texel problems that I feel ruin it when you get up close to it).

Basically the Blok-D needs its own 512x512 texture, trying to squeeze it in with the rest of the LK is a bit silly (+ more space needed on LK texture for antennae and such).

The new one I would hopefully match with the LV-T style a little closer (But still the same shape as currently).

add72fa47e.jpg

Misc also: The LK capsule is now "Mk1 'Korolev' Lander Can", will be put against the "Mk1 'Kelly' Lander Can" (LEM Command module) when that is finished. Why is it called Kelly? I'll leave you resourceful folks to find out.

Edited by Beale

Thanks! :)

Misc also: The LK capsule is now "Mk1 'Korolev' Lander Can", will be put against the "Mk1 'Kelly' Lander Can" (LEM Command module) when that is finished. Why is it called Kelly? I'll leave you resourceful folks to find out.

It's Scott Kelly, isn't it! He's starting his year long mission in a few weeks.

The RCS run on LF/OX!

Cool, the stock vernor engines are one of the few things that survive in my Squad/Parts folder. Seems their days may yet be numbered :D

Well I guessed from the LK being named for Korolev, but I had to Google it to be sure. Guess I'll have to do some reading on the LEM :)

Thomas J Kelly, from Northrop Grumman?
It's Scott Kelly, isn't it! He's starting his year long mission in a few weeks.
Well I guessed from the LK being named for Korolev, but I had to Google it to be sure. Guess I'll have to do some reading on the LEM :)

Kibble's got it! That was quick :)

Cool, the stock vernor engines are one of the few things that survive in my Squad/Parts folder. Seems their days may yet be numbered :D

Ah, I'd still keep those around, they're awfully useful IMO.

But, the Blok-D engine is already proving itself as my go-to satellite launcher engine.

28bc8c2d2f.jpg

193d5f6e7d.jpg

For the LK release, I guess I can have the landing legs as "big dumb ones" (A.K.A. no suspension). For the time being.

Based on feedback, they will have a re-model to be a bit more true to the LK design.

097442b760.jpg

Edited by Beale

Hey, Beale, that's a pretty nice satellite! I presume the magnetometer boom is from DMagic Science or whatever that mod was called. Too lazy too look up the real name. I have been thinking about installing it, but it's parts would only really work as aesthetic pieces, because I hardly ever play career or science mode

Looks like one of the RemoteTech antennae actually. I have them in my install, even though I don't have RemoteTech installed - I hijacked their parts folder and made a Module Manager config to lobotomized them into stock antennae.

@Beale - Glad you liked it, I styled the views and the T- text after CBS (Columbia Broadcast System, a TV network here in the US) coverage of the Apollo and Gemini launches back in the 60s/70s. :cool:

TNot impossible, it would just look awful.

Please trust me, I tried scaling it this way.

I trust you. I am just giving you a heard time. :cool:

5a97ab3e48.jpg

This looks really, really good Beale. The engine is great, the Blok D is great.

Yes, you're totally right on the style clash.

I've had a major change of heart over the current Blok-D tank, it needs redoing completely (Some horrible texel problems that I feel ruin it when you get up close to it).

Basically the Blok-D needs its own 512x512 texture, trying to squeeze it in with the rest of the LK is a bit silly (+ more space needed on LK texture for antennae and such).

You are a perfectionist; your attention to detail is why Tantares is such a nice parts pack. :D

Hey, Beale, that's a pretty nice satellite! I presume the magnetometer boom is from DMagic Science or whatever that mod was called. Too lazy too look up the real name. I have been thinking about installing it, but it's parts would only really work as aesthetic pieces, because I hardly ever play career or science mode
Looks like one of the RemoteTech antennae actually. I have them in my install, even though I don't have RemoteTech installed - I hijacked their parts folder and made a Module Manager config to lobotomized them into stock antennae.

@Beale - Glad you liked it, I styled the views and the T- text after CBS (Columbia Broadcast System, a TV network here in the US) coverage of the Apollo and Gemini launches back in the 60s/70s. :cool:

Yup, that's a remote tech antenna - the satellite is a cheap relay I can use before setting up a full communication network.

the Blok D is great.

Thanks!

But, some things I'm changing for this:

It needed to be bigger, but also needed nicer model. Old was too low-poly.

A healthier budget of 1,500 for this one.

e4eae07aad.jpg

Also, there is a new poll there! :)

I'm working on all those options (Though currently progress is a bit slow, granted).

Edited by Beale

Hey, weren't you guys working on a Gemini stockalike command pod?

I made that a while ago! :)

It's already available, the basic Gemini at least.

182fa2b852.jpg

I'll break down what I have in mind for these options I present:

Salyut / MIR

Revamp of Salyut, as is a little needed.

More MIR parts in line with the Spektr capsule.

Thinking of some truss elements for MIR-2.

Gemini / Titan

Big-G, Gemini Lander, Titan II, MOL (maybe?).

Basically the less-crazy Gemini applications concepts.

PPTS / Angara

Self-explaining I think, Russia's new flagship manned spacecraft.

Surprise!

Well, I can't tell you! :cool:

Generic examples would be the LEM and Castor parts, strange and miscellaneous things. Ñ у Ñ€ ð̠ý , ÃÅ¡ û ø ÿ õ Ñ€ ?

Yeah, I'll get around to everything I have in mind eventually. It's just a matter of where I would like to focus.

Edit: ( Okay, it's already looking a little one-sided vote :D )

Edited by Beale

Giant Salyut parts to work as Mir-2? Nice! I'd prefer a Polyus ('cause lazorz and military and Soviet) over a Buran tho... not to mention that it and the Kliper would indeed be somewhat troublesome for FAR.Or those sweet sweet giant circular solar panels...

Or Poisk, Pirs... Or even... my God, the new docking compartment made from bolted together Progress capsules!

You're doin' an awesome job Beale.

Giant Salyut parts to work as Mir-2? Nice! I'd prefer a Polyus ('cause lazorz and military and Soviet) over a Buran tho... not to mention that it and the Kliper would indeed be somewhat troublesome for FAR.Or those sweet sweet giant circular solar panels...

Or Poisk, Pirs... Or even... my God, the new docking compartment made from bolted together Progress capsules!

You're doin' an awesome job Beale.

That hidden text didn't last long then!

Ah, but you are right about aerodynamics - of course, I'm trying to think about the post 1.0 era.

Poisk, Pirs, I have forgotten them a little, count them in with the MIR/Salyut stuff I'd say.

34194632ab.jpg

I'd say to go with PPTS is the best option. As someone mentioned hundred or two pages ago, it will bring future of Russian space program to KSP. Also it has small service module, that's just beautiful.

On the other hand with the current restructuring of the russian space industry that might be an extremely unlikely future. But a 2.5m capsule for 4 to 6 would be definitely a nice addition.

On the other hand with the current restructuring of the russian space industry that might be an extremely unlikely future. But a 2.5m capsule for 4 to 6 would be definitely a nice addition.

As far as I know that's the only planned replacement of the Soyuz even though I haven't heard any news about it for quite a while.

This is my fledgling station, with a visiting Soyuz docked at the bottom, using almost entirely Tantares parts. :)

UVzZyyH.png

Im also in love with the Tantini. :D

6DrMU5K.png

Aaaaaannnnd, on the way back to Kerbin, my Soyuz coincidentally ended up looking like a "T". For Tantares.

DtLPXEc.png

I'd say to go with PPTS is the best option. As someone mentioned hundred or two pages ago, it will bring future of Russian space program to KSP. Also it has small service module, that's just beautiful.
As far as I know that's the only planned replacement of the Soyuz even though I haven't heard any news about it for quite a while.

It doesn't matter so much what is the real future for PPTS, we have N-1 and TKS, so not used spacecraft is no problem. :)

This is my fledgling station, with a visiting Soyuz docked at the bottom, using almost entirely Tantares parts. :)

http://i.imgur.com/UVzZyyH.png

Im also in love with the Tantini. :D

http://i.imgur.com/6DrMU5K.png

Aaaaaannnnd, on the way back to Kerbin, my Soyuz coincidentally ended up looking like a "T". For Tantares.

http://i.imgur.com/DtLPXEc.png

Nice stuff, really!

Is that a black Soyuz in the first screenshot, or is it just dark? :D

Nice custom texture if so.

Blok-D WIP (Again).

18fbcd5c95.jpg

Edited by Beale

It doesn't matter so much what is the real future for PPTS, we have N-1 and TKS, so not used spacecraft is no problem. :)

Yes, of course it was just simply surprising to read. I love the Block D by the way. it will be fun to use! I like the PPTS design very much too.

Thank you. :) And no, it's just really dark since I use planetshine, which IMO, is really good looking plugin.

I'll have to try PlanetShine! :)

Yes, of course it was just simply surprising to read. I love the Block D by the way. it will be fun to use! I like the PPTS design very much too.

Oh no yes, it is interesting :)

Blok-D, thanks!

But, do I distribute it with LK or N-1?

Old N' New

Yeah, I think I was either drunk or had a brain injury when I made the last one.

cf8d80876a.jpg

8b05665b0c.jpg

LK

aa353c2855.jpg