[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Thanks!

Forum - I hadn't heard about it.

But, erm. No.

I'm really against those things.

Nah-ah, no swearing, or I'll have to issue an infraction for violating rule 2.2g. I'll issue a warning this time, edit your post, please. :)

Nah-ah, no swearing, or I'll have to issue an infraction for violating rule 2.2g. I'll issue a warning this time, edit your post, please. :)

Many apologies for that!

I must be tired, I really believed that post, bah.

Back to real world, a less angry man:

Is it preferred wings are separate, or integrated into the lifting body?

b9f0953518.jpg

Many apologies for that!

I must be tired, I really believed that post, bah.

Back to real world, a less angry man:

Is it preferred wings are separate, or integrated into the lifting body?

http://puu.sh/gIE8U/b9f0953518.jpg

I'd prefer separate, since there was two versions: the now IXV, without wings but with parachute landing and Kliper itself, with wings and aircraft-style landing. :)

Wings should definitely be separate, it'll be easier to configure for FAR or NEAR. Users can always just use Ubiowelder if you really just have to have one part.
I'd prefer separate, since there was two versions: the now IXV, without wings but with parachute landing and Kliper itself, with wings and aircraft-style landing. :)

Hmmm, okay. These are good points on the wings.

Poor drawing: Maybe like this?

d6443bef0e.png

Green - vertical wings.

Blue - flaps.

The landing style is also another sticking point - to know what the new aerodynamics will allow, I don't know. I was planning just a dumb parachute setup.

But, it looks cool without a doubt, I mean really cool. I'm beginning to fall in love with this thing.

faf1dba374.jpg

Hey Kliper looks really good!

You should definitely make the wings separate parts so you can use it as a biconic-like lifting body.

Thanks!

People are referring to the other Klipers?

8160527981.jpg

I'm not so sure, what I really am keen to achieve is the nice heatshield underside, which is a little difficult to achieve with separate wings.

Also SP+ textures are a must for this, I'm excited to try to texture in a little new "territory" something new.

If the texture sharing is set up right, an alternate conical model might not be difficult at all.

ec37a811cf.jpg

Edited by Beale

Perhaps you could make a "mini" 1.25m version like IXV, HYFLEX, or ASSET

Currently working to the 1.25m scale - I based the size since it shares the OM with the Soyuz. So it was pretty nice to scale.

Never knew about ASSET, that's really cool.

db426ec24b.jpg

Edited by Beale

Sorry I know this is Off-topic, but discussions with Beale and Niemand about the Forum update, DONUT FELL FER IT!

It is an April Fools Joke!!!

Here an evidence!:http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/v/3927174 (Maxmaps really said it was an AFJ during Squadcast)

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

Edited by flamerboy67664

Sorry I know this is Off-topic, but discussions with Beale and Niemand about the Forum update, DONUT FELL FER IT!

It is an April Fools Joke!!!

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

I cannot into satire, it seems. :D

That foldable toilet is really neat.

Weren't you complaining just a few days ago that you don't have enough time? :D

Time comes in drips and waterfalls. Tomorrow I will be hunched over a desk, Sunday I will be texturing the Kliper. It's the nature of semi-freelance work, not that I hate it!

Thanks!

Yes, the PIRS/POISK I have considered for part of the Progress parts, which also would make this nice OM, they do seem very similar.

Neat! It will make an neat little set of ships.

Also, the Kliper is looking really great! I'm excited for both the PPTS and this little shuttle.

I found a bug too! I played a bit with LK and i quit the game for a moment, when I came back the weird sizing bug, same as one with Pavonis affected the crew pod! Landing legs even if I left them extended they auto-retracted every time I go out of the game or even board/leave the ship!

Beale, the RO RP is merged, so when the next RO version comes out you can definitely delete the configs from the mod folder. :)

Slightly offtop, someone asked for Spiral photos, I took them today (and even petted that beauty, she is so cute!:blush:):

http://imgur.com/a/yplAm

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT - You have access to Monino?!?!?!

Beale, the RO RP is merged, so when the next RO version comes out you can definitely delete the configs from the mod folder. :)

Slightly offtop, someone asked for Spiral photos, I took them today (and even petted that beauty, she is so cute!:blush:):

OMG!!! I envy you! One of my greatest wishes is to, one day, hopefully soon, have a trip to Moscow and spend one week just for the museums. There is so much to see and learn.

HotRockets, not SmokeScreen. Well I guess you need SmokeScreen for it but you know. Mostly because I like the way the FX from the engines get's bigger and the flames go everywhere and such as you get higher up like a real rocket would.

It would be nice to get the expansion effects for sure. If it's not hard to implement, why not. :)

Neat! It will make an neat little set of ships.

Also, the Kliper is looking really great! I'm excited for both the PPTS and this little shuttle.

Thanks!

Yes, despite some potential teething problems, I hope the PPTS, Kliper duo will be cool.

Yay! Kliper made my day! Thanks Beale!

Edit: Angara would be a nice addition after PPTS Kliper and Vostok.

Glad,

Yeah, Angara is planned.

Beale, there a bug in Capella/ATV's internal: portrait camera's are swapped.

Nice catch!

Will fix.

I found a bug too! I played a bit with LK and i quit the game for a moment, when I came back the weird sizing bug, same as one with Pavonis affected the crew pod! Landing legs even if I left them extended they auto-retracted every time I go out of the game or even board/leave the ship!

The scaling bug, yeah, sadly very common.

Ill look into it.

Leg bug very weird, they do this whenever EVA?

Very good news to have Tantares is "officially" RO :) Many thanks for your work to do this!

The Spiral, it is smaller than I thought!

It is awfully cute. I just realised it looks very similar to the dreamchaser.

OMG!!! I envy you! One of my greatest wishes is to, one day, hopefully soon, have a trip to Moscow and spend one week just for the museums. There is so much to see and learn.

I would love to see the Moscow aviation (I think), where one of the remaining LKs live, but sadly I think access is restricted.

Alternate ways to get a Soyuz into orbit include using an SSTO. :)

Also Beale, Tantares keeps getting better and better. :D

http://i.imgur.com/gG9OFqH.png

That's great! I like seeing unusual stuff.

The SSTO there is unusual shape, is there a benefit to have the cargo bay on front?

Also - The Soyuz is green, or is the light fooling me?

Edited by Beale