[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

It would be nice to get the expansion effects for sure. If it's not hard to implement, why not. :)

Thanks!

Yes, despite some potential teething problems, I hope the PPTS, Kliper duo will be cool.

Glad,

Yeah, Angara is planned.

Nice catch!

Will fix.

The scaling bug, yeah, sadly very common.

Ill look into it.

Leg bug very weird, they do this whenever EVA?

Very good news to have Tantares is "officially" RO :) Many thanks for your work to do this!

The Spiral, it is smaller than I thought!

It is awfully cute. I just realised it looks very similar to the dreamchaser.

I would love to see the Moscow aviation (I think), where one of the remaining LKs live, but sadly I think access is restricted.

That's great! I like seeing unusual stuff.

The SSTO there is unusual shape, is there a benefit to have the cargo bay on front?

Also - The Soyuz is green, or is the light fooling me?

For leg bug, it happens on every vessel switch or EVA, even IVA. You can not out run it. Happens every time.

vdFrXFI.png

Don't have a name for it yet, but this is the part that will go from LKO to Minmus - Note the KIS boxes, they relocate to the lander's sides for the decent to the surface.

Edited by tg626

For leg bug, it happens on every vessel switch or EVA, even IVA. You can not out run it. Happens every time.

That's really odd - I cannot re-produce this.

Do you have a mod-list? Let's try to solve this problem!

The way I built my SSTO, there's less of a dramatic weight shift when the fuel is being used, and with the cockpit being in the rear, there's a clear view for docking, which is nice. :)

http://i.imgur.com/RzvgZy9.png

It's quite a strange looking craft. :sticktongue:

http://i.imgur.com/TGqLTu6.png

That's a very sound reason for an odd shape! I like it.

The setup of the OMS is also nice, I didn't notice that.

I am totes for Fregat, Briz, Volga, any of those lovely Russian hypergolic rocket stages!

Uh after PPTS/Kliper and Angara that is.

The fregat at least is planned, like the Blok-D with LK it seems to pair quite well with the Fobos Grunt, so maybe when that is revamped. :)

http://i.imgur.com/vdFrXFI.png

Don't have a name for it yet, but this is the part that will go from LKO to Minmus - Note the KIS boxes, they relocate to the lander's sides for the decent to the surface.

That's really sweet!

Great mish-mash of Russian and American parts!

The KIS boxes, that you move to the side is pure genius! Keeps the fairings nice and thin, I love it.

Kliper!

Quite easily the most complex thing I've ever textured (Except maybe LK).

Hope it will pay off.

You will notice the wings are monolithic, still to see how this will work in game - of course this can all be jumbled up a bit if needed.

d5bad19a5c.jpg

7471097b28.jpg

For LK legs, Yeah maybe other mods cause the problem, I am reinstalling KSP Right now! (I have a load of mods i really don't need)

EDIT: I really have no idea, tried fresh install, both bugs still happen, but not on EVA, they happen on craft loading.

Edited by Djolox

Kliper!

Quite easily the most complex thing I've ever textured (Except maybe LK).

Hope it will pay off.

You will notice the wings are monolithic, still to see how this will work in game - of course this can all be jumbled up a bit if needed.

http://puu.sh/gK5S0/d5bad19a5c.jpg

http://puu.sh/gK5Xs/7471097b28.jpg

I think the shape is kinda weird, under your (very high) standard. I don't really like it, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Something with the shape of the wings, probably.

I didn't notice you were making a Kliper! It looks great so far!

Thanks! :)

This Kliper looks very good! I don't remember the last time I used a shuttle design like this but I'll definitely try this one.

For me too, this will hopefully be an introduction to re-usable (or semi-reusable) vehicles :)

It looks wonderful, Beale. Can I assume it'll come with a service module?

http://www.energia.ru/eng/news/news-2006/im/public_07-01_06.jpg

Thanks,

Yeah! Of course - This is the design I'm going for.

%D0%9A%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80_Infografia.jpg

Seriously though, are you considering making launch clamps and such?

Nah, I doubt it.

Stock are fine for me, I know not everyone, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

The first time I've seen this animated! It creeps me out! :cool:

For LK legs, Yeah maybe other mods cause the problem, I am reinstalling KSP Right now! (I have a load of mods i really don't need)

EDIT: I really have no idea, tried fresh install, both bugs still happen, but not on EVA, they happen on craft loading.

That's still unfortunate - I'll have to test loading and unloading to see if I can produce this bug. Thanks for keeping me informed.

Please don't imitate anything!!!! Do it your way! It worked wonders till now, will work wonders in the future.

Of course I'll work in my own style! :)

But, I feel there is a lot to learn from the Mk2/Mk3 parts.

I think the shape is kinda weird, under your (very high) standard. I don't really like it, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Something with the shape of the wings, probably.

You're not alone, I do have some reservations - It will hopefully be easier to see once textured and such - then alterations can be made.

Is this all one part?

It is! I know, it is not ideal - makes for a fairly niche part.

But, given options I was thinking through, it seems the nicest.

Here's a bit more:

3eec9fa865.jpg

I'm not sure if this has been said, but there appears to be a syntax error in the RemoteTech patch that's causing the two new LK antenna's to be ignored. The PSR_Control_A patch, just before the Libra antennas, has an extra closing brace.

It is! I know, it is not ideal - makes for a fairly niche part.

But, given options I was thinking through, it seems the nicest.

Actually I think it's great as a single piece, no screwing around with getting proper aerodynamics.

Great Kliper!

The main question is - will it ble... err, glide? I suggest bringing FAR in as a requirement for it (i.e. no support for 0.90 stock aero), or maybe even delay it until new atmo release (1.0?). Or you might have to re-done it completely (coding, not modeling).

I'm not sure if this has been said, but there appears to be a syntax error in the RemoteTech patch that's causing the two new LK antenna's to be ignored. The PSR_Control_A patch, just before the Libra antennas, has an extra closing brace.

Great catch! ( Can I get you a job checking my java code? :D )

Yes, I noticed they weren't quite working. But, I've been too lazy to dive into the module manager files! :)

I'll fix this now.

Actually I think it's great as a single piece, no screwing around with getting proper aerodynamics.

Oh!

In that case, great!

d0e585da56.jpg

Great Kliper!

The main question is - will it ble... err, glide? I suggest bringing FAR in as a requirement for it (i.e. no support for 0.90 stock aero), or maybe even delay it until new atmo release (1.0?). Or you might have to re-done it completely (coding, not modeling).

Thanks!

That is the million dollar question!

Current plan - The part will have flap properties, to pitch. Yaw and roll will be handled by capsule torque (Yeah this is a pretty big abstraction, but multiple flap transforms per part are not possible).

This is "roughly" how Niemand's Kliper worked (Although that had separate ailerons).

How will it glide? I have no idea - and I'm somewhat nervous!

FAR or 1.0 Aero will probably solve these issue (As I assume body-lift will be more supported). Also I imagine 1.0 Aero will have a better ModuleControlSurface, rather than the current "pre-historic" (English?) one.

Edited by Beale