[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

When you get some time, can you post all of this stuff when you feel that it's really polished and share-worthy? Especially the Tantares-skinned fairings? I really like the Polaris-skinned crew tanks! The Angara .crafts could really keep the Angara fans off Beale's back for a while. :P

I also agree on the Progress. I think linkage between the OM and the CM should be a little more contiguous, and gentle.

Looks great all around though @Beale. Please take some time off and get your IRL work done. Don't let people push you around. Get done what you need to do. :)

I'll check with Beale about posting retextures and such, because I'm mucking around with the Soyuz textures as well, trying to get a Soyuz-TMA kind of look.

The fairings are good to go already, plus I've got a full batch of varying shapes that I'll show too.

Regarding Angara, I'm using custom Tweakscale configs, and I may have used some part clipping on the upper stages, but I'll release what I can for you all! In the meantime I can say this: The URM-1 core is the long 2.5m tank from ABLaunchers, rescaled to 1.875m, the engine is the RS-68 analogue from Kerbal Stock Launcher Overhaul, and URM-2 is a 2.5m tank from Tantares LV's Proton third stage, with a scaled-down version copied and clipped inside, and the Soyuz second stage engine attached to that. KVTK is the Proton tank with 2 Aerojet Kerbodyne ICPS tanks clipped inside (I mucked around with the scaling so I'll post some config edits if people are interested), and the other 2.5m engine from KSLO on the bottom. It'll take a little while to ensure I've got everything covered for people to use the stuff right out of the box.

Would anyone be interested in making a FSTextureSwitch2 MM patch for the parts I retexture?

Sure thing!

Open the texture in Photoshop, change to edit the Alpha layer.

The Alpha layer controls "shiny-ness" so, if you make the Alpha layer black, or very dark grey, you will reduce the amount of shine.

http://puu.sh/h1kU3/162fc7eb03.jpg

It worked, thanks!

Looks a little bit cartoony. I was very amused and, I suppose, will keep it that way.

Also considering new Proton - yeah, please keep the old parts too. I like to use Hamal core with Almach engine, and also like to have station crew&supply vehicle (Tantares crew, Hamal orbital modules) and interorbital transport vehicle (Hamal core, Tantares orbital modules).

Edited by nothingSpecial

Good idea, it might reduce confusion between the Progress's Orbital Module and the Soyuz's Orbital Module.

Nah! I'll be keeping existing parts, only adding more. So the confusion will remain (What's not to love?).

I've settled more or less on the "Science Return" probe shape.

It's a painfully basic mesh, but I'll hopefully bring out a bit of personality in the texture.

b9796485b8.jpg

a8fb43bc2a.jpg

Beyond this there will be the combined, expendable, OM & CM Progress.

What have I done...

http://i.imgur.com/cAX30Z3.jpg

I had to fight myself to avoid putting this on a plane and bomb KSC with it.

http://i.imgur.com/CAjBBcf.png

I bet no one ever thought of weaponizing Tantares like this.:D

You're doing a good job of sabotaging our peaceful space program :)

Although I have to admit that's quite a creative use of it!

What you can do is use TweakScale to get a 1.875m version of the Soyuz service module. You have to add a 1.875m scale to stack, then ensure that the MM config for Tantares (included with TweakScale) has a section for the service module. It'll save you from having to add another part.

Code for SM in Tantares Tweakscale config

@PART[Tantares_Engine_A] // TST Orbital Manouvering System
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}

Code to add 1.875m scale to stack scaletype in TweakScale (edit the defaultscales.cfg file)

SCALETYPE
{
name = stack
freeScale = false
scaleFactors = 0.625, 1.25, [U][B]1.875[/B][/U], 2.5, 3.75, 5.0, 6.25, 7.5
scaleNames = 62.5cm, 1.25m, [U][B]1.875m[/B][/U], 2.5m, 3.75m, 5m, 6.25m, 7.5m
defaultScale = 1.25

ATTACHNODES
{
base = 1
top = Stack:1
top01 = Stack:1
top02 = Stack:1
top03 = Stack:1
bottom = Stack:1
bottom01 = Stack:1
bottom02 = Stack:1
bottom03 = Stack:1
bottom04 = Stack:1
}
}

In other news...

I used the .psd files Beale linked in his sig to make a retexture of two Salyut core parts to look more like Polaris.http://i.imgur.com/6DwGSRW.png

And I spent way too much time playing around with Kronal Vessel Viewer to showcase my Angara build (uses ABLaunchers parts as well).

http://i.imgur.com/8twInmD.jpg

Wow!

Really though!

You've taken the task of making an Angara/PPTS into your own hands and done a fantastic job. :)

Makes me very inspired to get working on it!

Just glancing through the pages and the downloads, where is the klipper parts located? and is there a craft file for it...

Thanks for any help and for a great set of mods....

Kliper is not finished yet, but you can get a Beta version here.

It's just the capsule and is very very unstable, but enjoy! :)

No craft file, but the capsule alone will glide. The rest of it is your imagination.

@Beale. Please take some time off and get your IRL work done. Don't let people push you around. Get done what you need to do. :)

No worries eh.

If I don't spare some time to do this I enjoy, I'll go crazy.

It worked, thanks!

Looks a little bit cartoony. I was very amused and, I suppose, will keep it that way.

Also considering new Proton - yeah, please keep the old parts too. I like to use Hamal core with Almach engine, and also like to have station crew&supply vehicle (Tantares crew, Hamal orbital modules) and interorbital transport vehicle (Hamal core, Tantares orbital modules).

I think a "little" shine is good, but I do go overboard occasionally!

Old parts will stay :)

Edited by Beale

KIS config has a small error. The section for the Pollux list the part as "Pollux_Orbital_A" and should be "Pollux_Control_A".

Edit - Capella may have same type of error. Not sure on this one though. KIS config lists "Capella_Orbital_A" but parts lists shows "_Capella_Control_A.cfg" with a part name of "Capella_Control_A". Is the leading underscore intentional on the .cfg file?

Edited by Gristle

KIS config has a small error. The section for the Pollux list the part as "Pollux_Orbital_A" and should be "Pollux_Control_A".

Edit - Capella may have same type of error. Not sure on this one though. KIS config lists "Capella_Orbital_A" but parts lists shows "_Capella_Control_A.cfg" with a part name of "Capella_Control_A". Is the leading underscore intentional on the .cfg file?

I'll look to fix, thanks for finding.

Underscore intentional, groups configs alphabetically at top of folder.

Hi Beale, I play a lot with your tantares semiorka, but there is one thing I miss the fins on the first stage, can you help me ? :rolleyes: Thank you for being close to your community, I really appreciate the attention you are giving to all our requests :sticktongue: . Well, this community is amazing !

Hi Beale, I play a lot with your tantares semiorka, but there is one thing I miss the fins on the first stage, can you help me ? :rolleyes: Thank you for being close to your community, I really appreciate the attention you are giving to all our requests :sticktongue: . Well, this community is amazing !

I used the small control surfaces to make little fins. They don't do anything, don't look as accurate as I would like, and shift the CoM of the boosters enough so that the Korolev Cross is ruined, but they are tolerable

bxSaOYT.jpg

They're visible on this picture, but they are quite hard to see. :P I'll see if I can get a better photo up later

I used the small control surfaces to make little fins. They don't do anything, don't look as accurate as I would like, and shift the CoM of the boosters enough so that the Korolev Cross is ruined, but they are tolerable

I currently use turbonisu's triangle structural panel :) making the thing too big and absurd, still funny !

Also, I locked the gimbal of the engines and placed " waykeepers " as vernier engines, just like in the real semiorka, and used the gravioli as the red thingy ( maybe a fire extinguisher ? )

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The R-7 is from far, my favourite rocket, I'm trying to make it as realistic as possible but when decoupling ( I use multiple sets of decouplers ) the decouplers collide and explode, nothing to worry about, michael bay approved. :D

Edited by spacecookie
I finally managed to embed imgur !!! :D

About the current HAMAL probe core (the one with edgy bits), I also vote to leave it in and have the "redone" version as a new part. Been using that core in some of my designs and it be a bummer to have it gone.

I currently use turbonisu's triangle structural panel :) making the thing too big and absurd, still funny !

Also, I locked the gimbal of the engines and placed " waykeepers " as vernier engines, just like in the real semiorka, and used the gravioli as the red thingy ( maybe a fire extinguisher ? )

http://imgur.com/a/QTq8h

The R-7 is from far, my favourite rocket, I'm trying to make it as realistic as possible but when decoupling ( I use multiple sets of decouplers ) the decouplers collide and explode, nothing to worry about, michael bay approved. :D

I like the attention to detail! :)

For fins, I may get around to it some-time, but like the gridded N-1 steerings fins, not a priority.

I can't believe I just now got around to doing it, but I finally delivered Venera!http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/527260138210825056/5D3303D5D0267B4FAC1F297872CA8ACA60656F60/

Nice picture! Very scenic! :)

About the current HAMAL probe core (the one with edgy bits)' date=' I also vote to leave it in and have the "redone" version as a new part. Been using that core in some of my designs and it be a bummer to have it gone.[/quote']

Tsk Tsk Tsk!

I'll say again, no part replacements will happen!

:wink:

All additional parts!

47d1271880.jpg

6da4a59389.jpg

cf968a0871.jpg

But then! You use the offset tool, et voila!

True Progress "I have no neck" style.

IMO this is better than a combined OM & DM, more versatile.

04234c23c1.jpg

I was in two minds over colour scheme though.

e684ac32de.jpg

Edit: And texture sharing works very cromulently on such simple shapes.

4333826aea.jpg

Edited by Beale

For fins, I may get around to it some-time, but like the gridded N-1 steerings fins, not a priority.

Nice picture! Very scenic! :)

Tsk Tsk Tsk!

All additional parts!

http://puu.sh/h2JSp/47d1271880.jpg

http://puu.sh/h2JRY/6da4a59389.jpg

http://puu.sh/h2JIl/cf968a0871.jpg

http://puu.sh/h2JJ3/04234c23c1.jpg

I was in two minds over colour scheme though.

http://puu.sh/h2JOo/e684ac32de.jpg

http://puu.sh/h2KJw/4333826aea.jpg

That looks fantastic! Personally I'd go with the last picture, with the pattern from the docking module, but the colors of the base Soyuz.

Hm... wondering if you made the texture black and reduced the shininess, you might have a good Progress/Soyuz-TMA thermal fabric texture to go off of as well!

Honestly, the other day my boyfriend broke up with me. So as you can imagine, I've been really depressed. But seeing the updates and all of the recognition you're getting for this mod still manages to put a smile on my face every time. (I have no life anymore. It's just KSP now.)

Tsk Tsk Tsk!

All additional parts!

Swell! :D

(I have no life anymore. It's just KSP now.)

I don't have much of a life myself, It's okay though, I prefer to keep things simple. Sorry to hear about your break-up, never a fun thing to lose someone. :(

http://puu.sh/h2JJ3/04234c23c1.jpg

Looks good for me!

Also good to hear that it will be additional, because I use the Hamal-core quite often as probe- or satellite-core.

Honestly, the other day my boyfriend broke up with me. So as you can imagine, I've been really depressed. But seeing the updates and all of the recognition you're getting for this mod still manages to put a smile on my face every time. (I have no life anymore. It's just KSP now.)

Beale can make everybodys live better, everyday! :cool:

Suggestion to feeling better: Build his face (or just his name) in KSP and launch it into Kerbol... or out of the universe :sticktongue:

Beale can make everybodys live better, everyday! :cool:

Suggestion to feeling better: Build his face (or just his name) in KSP and launch it into Kerbol... or out of the universe :sticktongue:

As good of a suggestion as that is, I'm not mad at him so I'd just feel bad.

Also: Congratulations on 600 pages, Beale!!

First off, say hello to the Roach!

az0M3xwl.jpg

HJbu5B9l.jpg

I let my roommate go at it with a pen, and an image of the Tantares Space Technologies logo, and it turned out great. It was initially going to be named "Polaris", but he ended up writing out P-O-A inadvertently, so it then became the "Roach." I'm on the university rocket team, and we're working on a Hybrid 2K. I'm going to try to bring the spirit of Tantares into the real world at some point hopefully. :)

http://i.imgur.com/bJ3caXQ.png

Very early WIP of Soyuz-TMA textures!

Looks great! Can't wait for a dark, Soyuz-TMA!

http://puu.sh/h2KJw/4333826aea.jpg

Looks great all around. Good choices. To recap, how many new parts will be added for the optional no-neck Progress? Having trouble keeping track of which parts are just you experimenting, and which parts will actually get finalized. Will the added Progress parts be memory-free because of the texture sharing?

Ooh! Nice textures!

And Great Scott! 600 pages???!!!

Yeeeeeah, we're a talkative bunch. :P

Edited by curtquarquesso

F4BjLKN.png

Alright, my last bit of work for the evening! Some small tweaks to the fabric texture and alpha channel, making it "pop" a bit more. Since the aesthetics will differ from your standard Tantares, I'll include some part configs so that you can keep your gray ones and have the fancy new one.

Also to be included: Polaris-style retexture of some MIR parts, and Procedural Fairings textures and shapes to use with this pack!

http://i.imgur.com/F4BjLKN.png

Alright, my last bit of work for the evening! Some small tweaks to the fabric texture and alpha channel, making it "pop" a bit more. Since the aesthetics will differ from your standard Tantares, I'll include some part configs so that you can keep your gray ones and have the fancy new one.

Also to be included: Polaris-style retexture of some MIR parts, and Procedural Fairings textures and shapes to use with this pack!

Those looks awesome! I think they should be included in the main mods, they are really beautiful (not to say useful for those, who wants to differentiate later Soyuz). :)

First off, say hello to the Roach!

http://i.imgur.com/az0M3xwl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HJbu5B9l.jpg

I let my roommate go at it with a pen, and an image of the Tantares Space Technologies logo, and it turned out great. It was initially going to be named "Polaris", but he ended up writing out P-O-A inadvertently, so it then became the "Roach." I'm on the university rocket team, and we're working on a Hybrid 2K. I'm going to try to bring the spirit of Tantares into the real world at some point hopefully. :)

Yay, good luck with the Roach! Our RL solid rockets failed with success rate of 2 out of 11. :)

Mostly because fuel for rocket models is hard to buy in Russia, since government is going paranoid on all flammable materials, we have to make powder by our own efforts.

I'm sorry for your loss and feel you. My gf broke up with me half a year ago and since then I have no life too. Hope we will make you feel even better with more stuff! :)

Edited by Niemand303

And I spent way too much time playing around with Kronal Vessel Viewer to showcase my Angara build (uses ABLaunchers parts as well).

http://i.imgur.com/8twInmD.jpg

What mods did you use (other than TweakScale ((for rescaling ABLaunchers 2.5 tank)), Tantares, and TantaresLV and ((for KVTK)) Aerojet Kerbodyne?)

Also pls I am drooling those grey fairings pls pls put iy up as a download.... :P

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

Seeing all these nice new textures for the Soyuz has anyone done a cfg so we can use Firespitter to toggle between them?

I've been attempting to make one, but no dice so far.

EDIT: Redid the alpha channel for the Tantares TMA textures. Now it really looks like thermal fabric. In light it shouldn't be totally flat and nonreflective, and all the imperfections and texturing in the thermal fabric is apparent.

oGuHRma.png

I'm looking into my fairing textures, and I might redo them in tga so they have alpha channels as well, and look better in the light. But that's a lower priority right now; I'm polishing TMA, and I'm also mucking about with the Mir textures, trying to get some color into the Mir Core Module (I stopped working on the Polaris-style texture, since I don't think it looks very good; but it's more or less finished and I'll release it this week). Looking at IRL Mir and Zarya for inspiration.

What mods did you use (other than TweakScale ((for rescaling ABLaunchers 2.5 tank)), Tantares, and TantaresLV and ((for KVTK)) Aerojet Kerbodyne?)

Also pls I am drooling those grey fairings pls pls put iy up as a download.... :P

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

I custom-rescaled the Aerojet Kerbodyne ICPS lower tank for KVTK, so that's a more or less custom part. I also used the KSLO 2.5m engines, plus our dear friend TweakScale to get 1.875m sizing. Procedural Fairings for the interstage and payload fairing, Ven's Stock Revamp (I think) for radial reaction wheels I clipped inside the tanks, and that's it, I believe. The Space Shuttle Engines pack supplied the Angara 7.2 core engine (it's the straight SSME, standing in for the RD-0120).

Regarding releasing, cool yer jets! I'm very finicky with my textures so I'll make tons of small tweaks over a period of time. I'm considering revamping the PF textures entirely to add an alpha channel and make them look even nicer, but barring that you can expect a release of TMA, the textures and fairing shapes, and maybe some more Mir stuff by the end of this week.

Edited by planeguy868
response to flamerboy