[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

I guess you're new here? :wink:

Snarque aside: Well, any other colour than grey or white, I would not think it could be called stockalike anymore (Gemini good example).

On SRB:

Should the thrust vector be straight, or angled?

If thrust vector is straight (I.E. doesn't pull sideways), SRB could potentially have other uses...

I didn't mean to be harsh to your work, your parts are by far my favourites, they even replaced the squad folder which is now nearly empty, I am just one of those boring guys who likes the same original things, like the cream white of the soviet and russian space crafts.. And in my opinion, your blue gemini and your green tantares match really well with the original flavour of the game :P

I didn't mean to be harsh to your work, your parts are by far my favourites, they even replaced the squad folder which is now nearly empty, I am just one of those boring guys who likes the same original things, like the cream white of the soviet and russian space crafts.. And in my opinion, your blue gemini and your green tantares match really well with the original flavour of the game :P

Nah, you weren't harsh. It is an often requested change of pallet, just at this point, it's not really possible to undo what has been done (And I do like grey, as well as being sarcastic). :cool:

The best (arguably) method will be to have alt textures, but unfortunately I am without enough time to make these currently. The further difficulty is, whenever I may change the texture, all the recolours need updating also, which is a crazy amount of work for a seemingly small thing (And breaks custom textures anyone else has made).

Edited by Beale

When you're asking about the "SRB" presumably you're talking about the TKS escape tower? If so, you should keep is straight. It gives me more control over where the ejected capsule is flying, so I don't spin out of control like with the Soyuz LES.

P.S. on that note you should make the Soyuz LES have an aligned centre of thrust... just saying.

Is it possible to have a mode switch thing to have straight or asymmetric CoT? Or maybe you can make the escape towers have a straight CoT, but have an optional separate engine to be radialy placed on the tower. The LK nesting jets will already work nicely for this.

Found a bug involving RealFuels:

I set the Cygnus engine to use hydrazine but when I activated the engine, it won't run because it needs to use the fuel mix of MMH+NTO but there's no such option to set it.

Same problem too for the TKS rcs engines.

Is it possible you have RF Stockalike installed? Thats the only way I could see that

Is it possible you have RF Stockalike installed? Thats the only way I could see that

The two do stomp on each other a bit. I've meant to go through and weed out conflicts for myself/ the rest of you, butttttt, rl. Sigh. I would start by pulling the two configs from stockalike if you're using it. It clears things up a bit. (One may be real fuels itself, but same issue). Then there is balancing the engines, hehe... But again, RL. Agh.

Ok, I'm late, but I'm here. Been sick this week. Tried to keep with the reusability theme, and launched tygoo7's Rodan/Dragon V2 to orbit.

http://imgur.com/a/sbK5v

Nice! Yes!

I do enjoy you followed the Dragon through to orbit (How? Or was that creative editing?).

Nice attempt :)

When you're asking about the "SRB" presumably you're talking about the TKS escape tower? If so, you should keep is straight. It gives me more control over where the ejected capsule is flying, so I don't spin out of control like with the Soyuz LES.

P.S. on that note you should make the Soyuz LES have an aligned centre of thrust... just saying.

Is it possible to have a mode switch thing to have straight or asymmetric CoT? Or maybe you can make the escape towers have a straight CoT, but have an optional separate engine to be radialy placed on the tower. The LK nesting jets will already work nicely for this.

It is interesting to consider. Since the Soyuz LES burns for a very short amount of time, there really isn't much use at all giving it centered thrust, there is not enough time to react and steer it IMO.

With the TKS LES being slightly more hefty, I'd expect the burn time would be longer (Though I don't really know for sure).

Therefore, I guess that the TKS LES could act more like a standard SRB, but I'm not so sure.

Beale, have you ever played I Am Bread? I feel like you'd be bored because it's just a simulation of your every day life.

Ahaha, Just a little recently, very interesting game.

8187753dd9.jpg

How did you get the cool-looking Kerbin in the new Cygnus photos?

I can't quite give you a good answer, sorry.

I like to do some DIY with the cloud and planet textures, so it is sourced from quite a many different visual mods.

I can't quite give you a good answer, sorry.

I like to do some DIY with the cloud and planet textures, so it is sourced from quite a many different visual mods.

Maybe you should release a set of configs for bready Kerbin? :P

I'm afraid I have to make a correction to my earlier statement. I'm not sure what mod (as I have many) caused the bug but something increased the thrust by three or four and the Isp tenfold. After a few updates of stuff I found that the engine is not as overpowered in game terms as I initially thought. It is however still very overpowered as for realistic physics, but not in the kerbophysical sense. :-)

There is a problem with the LARJ engine being really overpowered. It is possible (and not very hard) to build an SSO rocket with space for seven kerbals (!) that can start from Kerbin, go to Eeloo and return without refuelling, twice (!!), by using the LARJ engine. Furter more, the amount of energy needed can be provided by batteries alone during ascent through the atmosphere (I use around 3000 units of electricity for six engines).

snip

I must say a massive thank you to you, Beale, for without your amazing mod my ISS mockup would be nowhere. What you do is great, and keep up the good work! :D

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Made in 64k, so I had to change a few cfg stats, but everything looks great :3

Edited by MrMeeb
Strange dupe of my post

I must say a massive thank you to you, Beale, for without your amazing mod my ISS mockup would be nowhere. What you do is great, and keep up the good work! :D

http://imgur.com/a/y6QFj

It's... It's beautiful!

Those Kosmos solar arrays really give it the ISS look. Of all the arrays that I have seen that are modeled after the ISS arrays, they are my favorite. I hope Beale makes similar panels when he gets around to the Mir 2 parts.

(How 'bout it, Beale? Hint hint, nudge nudge.)

Edited by pTrevTrevs
I appear to have posted this twice.

I must say a massive thank you to you, Beale, for without your amazing mod my ISS mockup would be nowhere. What you do is great, and keep up the good work!

That ISS looks great! care to share the solar panels name? I'm using Kosmos Balkan array but they lag a lot, my finished ISS crawls @8 FPS

and off course! thank Beale! this is one of the top 5 mods for KSP on my list!

Edit: oh so they are Kosmos :P , can you please share the truss parts? thanks!

That ISS looks great! care to share the solar panels name? I'm using Kosmos Balkan array but they lag a lot, my finished ISS crawls @8 FPS

Thanks! :D

Yeah, they're the Kosmos ones, but I scaled them down to the smallest size tweakscale allows by default, as they're much too big otherwise.

The truss parts are a pair of UAE Cubeplates (from AIES), a solar panel truss from KSO and some Probodyne Rover Bodies or whatever they're called. All with a bit of offset, and some Kosmos Salyut panels as radiators, I'm rather happy to see how it turned out :)

You are missing: Pirs, Poisk and Rassvet on your build, other than that: very cool!

Maybe you should release a set of configs for bready Kerbin? :P

Sorry to give a slow response!

But, here is the Kerbin water texture is needed, that with default EVE download will give the same Kerbin as myself. :)

I'm afraid I have to make a correction to my earlier statement. I'm not sure what mod (as I have many) caused the bug but something increased the thrust by three or four and the Isp tenfold. After a few updates of stuff I found that the engine is not as overpowered in game terms as I initially thought. It is however still very overpowered as for realistic physics, but not in the kerbophysical sense. :-)

Ahaha, that is comforting.

That being said, it still could use a little nudge I think :)

http://imgur.com/a/y6QFj

Really nice stuff! I really enjoy seeing shuttles docked to the stations.

(How 'bout it, Beale? Hint hint, nudge nudge.)

I think so, yes!

Well... By the work of benjee10 - I do have some in the warehouse.

But, with real-life commitments, not a lot of time to get these in-game.

ZslmtmX.png

Nice! Lovely to see so many nice mods playing well together to build this :)

Is that brownish color going to be on the finished product? It looks strange to me, especially compared to all the other solar panels having blue coloring. I know that the arrays are brown in real life, but it does ruin the stockalike feel.

I presume that these are based off of orthographic drawings of the arrays and such. The sizing of other versions of the ISS arrays (namely the Near Future Pack and I believe AIES panels) ruins them for me. Sorry if I sound too picky about this whole thing, it's just that the ISS panels will be tremendously useful for me.

Is that brownish color going to be on the finished product? It looks strange to me, especially compared to all the other solar panels having blue coloring. I know that the arrays are brown in real life, but it does ruin the stockalike feel.

I presume that these are based off of orthographic drawings of the arrays and such. The sizing of other versions of the ISS arrays (namely the Near Future Pack and I believe AIES panels) ruins them for me. Sorry if I sound too picky about this whole thing, it's just that the ISS panels will be tremendously useful for me.

Hi!

No, the final version will have blue cells. :)

As pretty as benjee's textures are, I'll be moving the mesh to use a shared-texture like the Soyuz and TKS panels, for the sake of the RAMBS.

All this ISS showcasing has got me in a station-y mood, so I have began to revamp the Salyut parts a little, soon to be seen!

(No worries about saves, these parts will have exactly the same dimensions).

Maybe there will be some new space-station-y parts alongside revamps of the old ones, but no promises.

Putting off the PPTS and Kliper just a little bit, eh?

Edited by Beale

You are missing: Pirs, Poisk and Rassvet on your build, other than that: very cool!

Yup, and Leonardo PMM too, but no matter how much welding I was able to perform the station reached about 400 parts and as you may know it became a beautiful slideshow :s