[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Beale, are you going to add heatshields to the pods when 1.0 comes out?

Hello!

The new "darkening" shader for heatshields looks interesting. :)

I probably will make a few parts, I don't like so much the texturing on those heatshields that have been shown...

"speed challenge", I'll make one tonight (New castor part?) :D

Edited by Beale

Tantares Cargo Expansion

Here's another release for you guys; Tantares Cargo. Includes an interim CARV pod until passinglurker finishes his, as well as a modified Progress pod and TKS cargo bay to make a Dragon-type spacecraft. It also includes my Procedural Fairings configs, including 6 new fairing shapes, 5 textures (3 of which are ABLaunchers/Tantares styled), FsTextureSwitch integration, and general coolness.

Enjoy!

I'm gonna have to check this out later today! Can you post a comprehensive album of all the things?

Ask, and ye shall receive.

http://imgur.com/a/Tom4F

Again with the inability to rep!

These are very nice! The fairings in particular are really impressive to look at... I wouldn't mind using these (they were in the cargo texture download?).

Heatshield!

Style? - MSL

Size? - 2.5m and 1.25m

Texture? - 512x512

Smells? - Can't smell in a hard vacuum dummy.

Texture still needs a lot of touching up however.

2b7eb8abb5.jpg

081d9d2076.jpg

99d75e433c.jpg

a1be05938f.jpg

EDIT

770f0c5a56.jpg

63b65ae03e.jpg

Edited by Beale

Again with the inability to rep!

These are very nice! The fairings in particular are really impressive to look at... I wouldn't mind using these (they were in the cargo texture download?).

Heatshield!

Style? - MSL

Size? - 2.5m and 1.25m

Texture? - 512x512

Smells? - Can't smell in a hard vacuum dummy.

Texture still needs a lot of touching up however.

http://puu.sh/hnfuC/2b7eb8abb5.jpg

http://puu.sh/hnfvV/081d9d2076.jpg

http://puu.sh/hnfyd/99d75e433c.jpg

http://puu.sh/hnfzF/a1be05938f.jpg

Fairings are included in the download :)

Fairings are included in the download :)

Great, thanks!

Ooh, nice!

Probably going to use it more than the stock ones!

And now, some Mir and Mun Landings:

http://imgur.com/a/43Lad

Many thanks! :)

Nice Munar stuff! The LEM tank does not get so much love, but when it does I like it!

The MIR is very pretty also!

The smaller shield

ac12977b63.jpg

6756de6ba6.jpg

40647d3452.jpg

To Duna!

ab30fc0bfb.jpg

EDIT AGAIN

Yeah, the underside should look a little different.

c2370d3312.jpg

Edited by Beale

Many thanks! :)

Nice Munar stuff! The LEM tank does not get so much love, but when it does I like it!

The MIR is very pretty also!

Thanks!

I actually launched the core module with 2 V-MNP panels, and realized later on that the Gigantors looked closer in size to the ones on Mir, so I sent some up and used KIS to replace them.

The third panel on the core came up with Kvant-1, I kinda wanted to go for a recreation of the real construction sequence.

I must say, it was rather fun to build this, looking forward to building it again in 1.0! (With at least 50% by shuttle!)

(You know, I'm actually going start planning the assembly of Mir 1.0, just for a bit of fun)

Keep up the amazing work!

Edited by DerpyFirework

I love your heat shields, they have a really unique look with this pointy draw, and the yellow-ish match well with other tantares parts as well as stock ones. Will the smaller heat shield keep the black up side ? With those parts I feel like having a black hole behind my crafts :sticktongue:

Thanks!

I actually launched the core module with 2 V-MNP panels, and realized later on that the Gigantors looked closer in size to the ones on Mir, so I sent some up and used KIS to replace them.

The third panel on the core came up with Kvant-1, I kinda wanted to go for a recreation of the real construction sequence.

I must say, it was rather fun to build this, looking forward to building it again in 1.0! (With at least 50% by shuttle!)

(You know, I'm actually going start planning the assembly of Mir 1.0, just for a bit of fun)

Keep up the amazing work!

That does sound like something I will want to see! :)

Many thanks!

Really digging the heat shield. I do have a question though, is there going to be landing legs built into it, or does that require an extra plug-in?

Thanks! :)

Legs - for the PPTS shield, yeah, there will be built in landing legs, doesn't need a plugin (Though no suspension).

These shields - just generic bits of hardware.

I love your heat shields, they have a really unique look with this pointy draw, and the yellow-ish match well with other tantares parts as well as stock ones. Will the smaller heat shield keep the black up side ? With those parts I feel like having a black hole behind my crafts :sticktongue:

Black-hole: It works well on smaller parts, but at 1.25m you do have a point, it looks odd...

I'll work something out.

Grey?

87efe994ce.jpg

Playing with these in Unity is my new hobby.

364b9ecedd.jpg

Was there ever a download for the Tantares procedural part textures someone was putting together?

AFAIK the guy has not returned!

Unfortunately.

Edited by Beale

Hi

Totally silly question - I don't use the IV's that much and have Crew Portrait which seems to get confused when I move crew from the IVA equipped Tantares_crew to the Non-IVA Tantares_orbital (or the IVA does). So..question...I I delete the spaces folder, how badly are things going to break?

Decided to make use of the SOAR to try and make a very tiny twin-stage to orbit. Success!

link to image. Kinda looks like a really tiny version of 2001's Discovery.

It's cute!

But, is it trapped in orbit? :P

Clean and effiscient ! I really appreciate how you are attentive to you community :) thanks for the cool stuff as always !

So I made an ISS:

http://imgur.com/a/vvYJW

Less than 200 parts WITH ships attached.

Really nice! :)

I love the use of the Mk2 for the truss section, that's a smart way to do it without a DIY fps death type deal.

Hi

Totally silly question - I don't use the IV's that much and have Crew Portrait which seems to get confused when I move crew from the IVA equipped Tantares_crew to the Non-IVA Tantares_orbital (or the IVA does). So..question...I I delete the spaces folder, how badly are things going to break?

Hello!

Yes, it will break things.

However, you can delete the spaces folder, then delete references to IVAs from the part configs, everything will be fine :)

New Bits

Let's call it the Stripeylut?

a4e4d964df.jpg

decdd93df3.jpg

dc2620f0a9.jpg

Just a random thought that came up when I saw those amazing heatshield pics posted a couple pages back ...

Once 1.0 hits, the Vostok pod is going to find a whole new life (presuming the part is config'ed so the whole thing is heatshielded, like the actual capsule was) for low-part-count rockets, lightweight missions, and us lazyfolks :-)

Just a random thought that came up when I saw those amazing heatshield pics posted a couple pages back ...

Once 1.0 hits, the Vostok pod is going to find a whole new life (presuming the part is config'ed so the whole thing is heatshielded, like the actual capsule was) for low-part-count rockets, lightweight missions, and us lazyfolks :-)

If omni-directional shield is possible, sure, I'll do it :)

Vega_Crew_C

The "traditional" part, which now has a chess pattern and alternative part

b054a57625.jpg

f685068778.jpg

I am having problems with the Gemini G-750A motor. It does not show up as a motor / stage in kerbal engineering redux. There is no activate once in flight. Staging just decouples the motor and the docking port. What am I doing wrong or is this a bug?

It's really goofy. I have to disable staging to use the engine and I have to manually activate it. Then to use the chute I have to re-enable staging and press the space bar. The entire time kerbal engineer does not see the engine. This has to be a bug or conflict with another mod. Can you please check and see if it is working properly?

Can someone please verify this or respond in some way. When I attach the g-750a it is not showing up as an engine stage in KER. There is an option to enable/disable staging and if I click this the engine shows up in the staging stack but it is still not showing up in KER. If I stage to this point in the stack during flight the engine just simply disappears??? If I toggle the enable staging so the engine is no longer showing in the staging stack it still is not appearing in KER but when I stage I have to right click the part and manually click active engine???

Can someone please help?

I want to use this part but until I can figure out why is it not staging properly I am flumixed. Please let me know if there is any information I can provide to help. I can grab screen shots if needed.

Thanks

The Vos-909 is actually a pretty good OMS engine. Here's a shuttle of mine with a Tantares station. It's only a single module lab for now.

http://imgur.com/a/dezmG

Wow!

That shuttle engine design is really nice. The Vos-909 is charming alongside too.

Lovely stuff (How about a craft file eh? :) )

Can someone please verify this or respond in some way. When I attach the g-750a it is not showing up as an engine stage in KER. There is an option to enable/disable staging and if I click this the engine shows up in the staging stack but it is still not showing up in KER. If I stage to this point in the stack during flight the engine just simply disappears??? If I toggle the enable staging so the engine is no longer showing in the staging stack it still is not appearing in KER but when I stage I have to right click the part and manually click active engine???

Can someone please help?

I want to use this part but until I can figure out why is it not staging properly I am flumixed. Please let me know if there is any information I can provide to help. I can grab screen shots if needed.

Thanks

It won't show up in KER, it's a known bug (As KER discards any part modules with moduleDecoupler from DV calculations AFAIK).

The standard Gemini has about 930m/s, or in that region.

That said, the engine should never decouple with spacebar, what mods are you using?

Hello, coming with a suggestion, angara engines anyone ? :sticktongue:

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/images/rockets/angara/angara_a5v/angara5v_5_kvtk_compare_iso_1.jpg

Ctbram -> I don't use kerbal engineering redux so I can't help :/

Yes! Of course! :)

When I get around to Angara.

Potential save breaking stuff alert!

The Kvant, old one is off-scale quite badly.

I check and it is literally the oldest part still in the pack!

Be it from another era, it will have to be replaced, with a newly sized (True to orthographics) model.

13faa12c28.jpg