[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Best of luck for results with a new cooler :)

As for Fregat, I have tried it for interplanetary mission, in fact deploying a probe towards Ike. The Kerbin ejection was performed by Proton upper stage. Some manouvers and landing by Fregat, not bad performance.

http://puu.sh/kGSom/2d9ac954d5.jpg

New SM texture.

In the process of stripping it down to basic components, then rebuilding a cleaner, more standard-ized texture (conforms to the style guide).

http://puu.sh/kGTNs/300b436b79.jpg

Thanks. :) My current temporary cooler from an i5 CPU (my i7's stock cooler kinda broke) isn't very pleasant when you want to wind down with a game that happens to want more than average CPU usage. Turns the sound of my computer into that of a tiny chainsaw, keeps driving me bananas (it's even worse when the CPU usage keeps going from like 60 to 95, agh my sanity and my ears!). :P

Anyway, nice mission to Ike with Fregat! Also I did come up with a few ideas in my mind as to where I'd use that engine. :D

EDIT: Smooth looking new SM texture!

Edited by T'Flok

New SM texture.

Hi Beale. I must say I'm not a fan of the mock-RCS thrusters in the "skirt". Since they don't have a function in KSP and since they don't reflect actual orientation of thrusters (i mean - your shading indicates their direction of thrust is towards the back, maybe at a slight angle, while Soyuz's actual thrusters there are only for pitch/yaw control, and they seem to be angled perpendicularly to the fore-aft axis), I would prefer to keep that part clean so I don't feel a need to cover them somehow...

It's a small point in any case, I just felt since you're remaking it (and it does look gorgeous) I would point it out. Not that it would make much difference for me, I rarely have time for KSP, and what little I have would be spent updating new versions of KSP and mods... still come here almost every day to see your awesome work though!

Keep it up!

Also, is there a docking port that fits in that is 2.5m? I would love that, or a very flat 1.875m to 1.25m adapter. Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed typo, needed time to launch the Buran from the Soviet conversion to fix.

Edited by legoclone09

Nice! The heatshield setup is interesting, I have struggled with delivery of rovers because of this.

Thanks...

...and more...

...Big Duna mission.

Six Kerbals and three biomes.

Duna_1_1.jpg?ver=0

Duna_1_2.jpg?ver=0

Nice fregat!

Edited by kopapaka

As for Fregat i think it should have reaction wheels but not an actual probe core so it cant be used as an actual probe by itself.

Interesting idea, I will try this :)

Hi Beale. I must say I'm not a fan of the mock-RCS thrusters in the "skirt". Since they don't have a function in KSP and since they don't reflect actual orientation of thrusters (i mean - your shading indicates their direction of thrust is towards the back, maybe at a slight angle, while Soyuz's actual thrusters there are only for pitch/yaw control, and they seem to be angled perpendicularly to the fore-aft axis), I would prefer to keep that part clean so I don't feel a need to cover them somehow...

It's a small point in any case, I just felt since you're remaking it (and it does look gorgeous) I would point it out. Not that it would make much difference for me, I rarely have time for KSP, and what little I have would be spent updating new versions of KSP and mods... still come here almost every day to see your awesome work though!

Keep it up!

Fair taste yes!

I am thinking of replacing them with "caps" or "place-rcs-here" kind of markings.

Also, is there a docking port that fits in that is 2.5m? I would love that, or a very flat 1.875m to 1.25m adapter. Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed typo, needed time to launch the Buran from the Soviet conversion to fix.

Not currently, but they would be nice parts!

Nice whole... architecture! :cool: I like ascent vehicle!

Soyuz changes almost complete.

4946b0e9be.jpg

f962804e87.jpg

Also Funky Jiuquan Cosmo-Buggy / Soyuz A OM with 0.9375m top node.

290e574f24.jpg

Edited by Beale

Soyuz changes almost complete.

http://puu.sh/kJ78p/4946b0e9be.jpg

http://puu.sh/kJ7eh/f962804e87.jpg

Also Funky Jiuquan Cosmo-Buggy / Soyuz A OM with 0.9375m top node.

http://puu.sh/kJ7HR/290e574f24.jpg

Shenzhou OM with 0.9375m top node? Awesome, nice one Beale! :D That part will be put to use on my atomic vessel and other designs that need a bottom exit to surface/space. Now if it only had an IVA as I've run into problems regarding KIS and IVAless areas, I keep loosing my inventory one way or the other (don't know if the problem has been fixed with KIS or not)! :(

Also liking that Soyuz CM is finally stripeless again. A welcome change IMO!

Edited by T'Flok

Yay, now we can put the Chinese APAS on top of it!

Also you spelled Shenzhou wrong, just so you know.

Ack!

Tricky spelling yes.

Shenzhou OM with 0.9375m top node? Awesome' date=' nice one Beale! :D That part will be put to use on my atomic vessel and other designs that need a bottom exit to surface/space. Now if it only had an IVA as I've run into problems regarding KIS and IVAless areas, I keep loosing my inventory one way or the other (don't know if the problem has been fixed with KIS or not)! :(

Also liking that Soyuz CM is finally stripeless again. A welcome change IMO![/quote']

Glad it is enjoyed. On IVAs, I will see to remember this time to restore placeholder IVAs for next release.

The stripe is gone yes :)

The stripes is a nice style to go with, but doesn't work unless it goes all the way around, not possible with DM.

Here's a few more r e t e x t u r e s.

The RCS textures are still present... for now.

5e5a97fdd1.jpg

ad44cdb2c0.jpg

f4b44ccb3a.jpg

Oh no, are you going to ruin the smooth and sleek texture of the Soyuz DM with those bright yellow/black stripes?!? They just stand way out from the others and make the DM look ugly. What if you changed it to white stripes, and left gaps between them instead of being alternate colors? I think that may still point out the hatch, but won't stand out too much that it looks ugly.

Oh no, are you going to ruin the smooth and sleek texture of the Soyuz DM with those bright yellow/black stripes?!? They just stand way out from the others and make the DM look ugly. What if you changed it to white stripes, and left gaps between them instead of being alternate colors? I think that may still point out the hatch, but won't stand out too much that it looks ugly.

disagree. I like the hazard stripes.

I was thinking maybe the Vostok RCS as a lot of people use them for the RCS jets on various different spacecraft, but the Vostok RCS jets haven't changed in a while, so the same one is still there.

yeah, but what do i do, do i just go back to a previous version and pick it apart (if i do that what should i look for?) or just wait until the craft files are fixed?

That's a goal, (at leat, it was last time I checked) but making IVAs is a bit of a tedious process.

A tedious process with minimal gains most of which are just the convenience of the portrait cam. In the mean time there is an mm patch floating around that adds the placeholder iva to all crewed parts that don't have any iva that'll get you your portrait cam back. (Can't post it myself not near my computer)

disagree. I like the hazard stripes.

Another vote for the "hazard" stripes. I like them and they are a functional visual cue for locating the hatch.