[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Hi Beale, you awesome piece of pastry!

Just jumped back into KSP after 1.1 (even though I've been lurking around the forums in the meantime) and I must say, Tantares parts are gorgeous. Especially when compared to the old ones that were posted recently, it's clear how incredibly your skills (and our demands) have improved.

Really looking forward to the new smaller LK! It's looking gorgeous.

I'd have a small request though - could you add some 1.875 upper stage tanks and engines please? I've been putting together a new workhorse orbiter family around the VA capsule, but getting it to fit with the British 1.875 lower stages has been awkward. A fairing base would be nice too.

I've also had my eye on the Spica, but one thing has been bugging me. The model looks as if it is not intended for reentry (as it has a bulkhead with a hatch at the bottom instead of a rounded heat shield), but has 500 units of ablator, which says "I like it hot". Unless there's something I'm missing, it should be one or the other (a purely orbital pod with no heatshield OR a high-resistance ablative bullet), no?

Keep doughing the awesome things you dough!

Edited by TheBedla

7 hours ago, TheBedla said:

Just jumped back into KSP after 1.1 (even though I've been lurking around the forums in the meantime) and I must say, Tantares parts are gorgeous. Especially when compared to the old ones that were posted recently, it's clear how incredibly your skills (and our demands) have improved.

I'd have a small request though - could you add some 1.875 upper stage tanks and engines please? I've been putting together a new workhorse orbiter family around the VA capsule, but getting it to fit with the British 1.875 lower stages has been awkward. A fairing base would be nice too.

I've also had my eye on the Spica, but one thing has been bugging me. The model looks as if it is not intended for reentry (as it has a bulkhead with a hatch at the bottom instead of a rounded heat shield), but has 500 units of ablator, which says "I like it hot". Unless there's something I'm missing, it should be one or the other (a purely orbital pod with no heatshield OR a high-resistance ablative bullet), no?

Hello!

1.875m smaller tanks and engines will fit in somewhere. I will have to think.

I'm a little confused for the Spica, it has been removed since the latest version.

LK

Two designs for RCS. One a continuation of the current, another a fresher design.

3a75e514a5.jpg
b40c86d65f.jpg

7 hours ago, TheBedla said:

This killed me hahaha.

If you're looking for 1.875m upper stages, Bluedog Design Bureau has a plethora, including Titan upper stages and Centaur. Speaking of which, @Beale was working on a Centaur upper stage for the British rockets since that was proposed at one point. Figured I'd plug since you may not have seen it depending on how long you've been gone.

Speaking of the Spica, that was removed from Tantares. @Beale remade it so that the service module is 1.875m, rather than the bottom of the pod, and released it separately as TRAILS. That was also included in Bluedog Design Bureau in a lightly modified form and fits on top of our 1.875m Titan II.

29 minutes ago, Beale said:

LK

Two designs for RCS. One a continuation of the current, another a fresher design.

3a75e514a5.jpg
b40c86d65f.jpg

I like the first one better, but I'd love to see it with perhaps some fuel lines going into those little thruster pods.

Edited by CobaltWolf

33 minutes ago, Beale said:

Hello!

I'm a little confused for the Spica, it has been removed since the latest version.

LK

3a75e514a5.jpg
b40c86d65f.jpg

I'd like the one that's more accurate.

9 hours ago, TheBedla said:

I've got a mod for more fairings, it's in my signature, as well as in the OP somewhere.

50 minutes ago, Redhornet919 said:

I have a bug for you!!

10 minutes ago, hraban said:

It's not new. Always reported 3 or 4 pages back but it's not a bug, it's a feature :wink:

Where's the bug? Am I missing something?

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Meanwhile, as I was quickly checking what the real LK looked like...

u6vs2hx.jpg

Confirmed.

1 hour ago, Redhornet919 said:

I have a bug for you!!   ZAhnnYp.jpg

I will get around to fixing this, hopefully.

ab4473d6f8.jpg
e1c48f9943.jpg
415293643c.jpg

18 hours ago, Beale said:

Duh, I suppose I mixed up the two names, I meant the one derived from Spektr, it's probably called Spectre, right? Dunno why I believed it's called Spica (even called my orbital craft using that capsule Spica). Maybe cause it's so pointy, and Špica means "point" in my language. Sorry for the mixup.

Great news about the 1.875 tanks.

17 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

I've got a mod for more fairings, it's in my signature, as well as in the OP somewhere.

18 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

This killed me hahaha.

If you're looking for 1.875m upper stages, Bluedog Design Bureau has a plethora, including Titan upper stages and Centaur. Speaking of which, @Beale was working on a Centaur upper stage for the British rockets since that was proposed at one point. Figured I'd plug since you may not have seen it depending on how long you've been gone.

Speaking of the Spica, that was removed from Tantares. @Beale remade it so that the service module is 1.875m, rather than the bottom of the pod, and released it separately as TRAILS. That was also included in Bluedog Design Bureau in a lightly modified form and fits on top of our 1.875m Titan II.

I like the first one better, but I'd love to see it with perhaps some fuel lines going into those little thruster pods.

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to check those out!

13 hours ago, Beale said:

It works.

Unfortunately, they lack the roll control thrusters. (sideways from the main ones).

lk3.jpg

or: (left original, right mock up)

5380107074_92e35de37c_b.jpg

See here, too: http://novosti-kosmonavtiki.ru/forum/forum9/topic9992/?PAGEN_1=5

Also, the Contact Plate isn't round, it as a cut-out to make room for an rendezvous omnidirectional antenna to be raised:

0_5e87a_665a7bd1_XL.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/04/RP1357_p18_Kontakt_docking_system.svg/2000px-RP1357_p18_Kontakt_docking_system.svg.png

Edited by InsaneDruid

1 hour ago, TheBedla said:

Duh, I suppose I mixed up the two names, I meant the one derived from Spektr, it's probably called Spectre, right? Dunno why I believed it's called Spica (even called my orbital craft using that capsule Spica). Maybe cause it's so pointy, and Špica means "point" in my language. Sorry for the mixup.

Ah okay, I get you now.

The Spectre (I think it is still called that) compartment is an awkward middle child, it was once a full capsule, but for now I have relegated it to space station duty (It seemed to be rarely used).

15 minutes ago, hraban said:

Hi Beale,

please rework the RCS-System to a 3 way with 2 nozzles in maindirection.

qoDRQjE.jpg

lk_rkk_side_1.jpg

9 minutes ago, InsaneDruid said:

Unfortunately, they lack the roll control thrusters. (sideways from the main ones).

lk3.jpg

See here, too: http://novosti-kosmonavtiki.ru/forum/forum9/topic9992/?PAGEN_1=5

For the sake of simplicity, I'd prefer not.

7 minutes ago, hannyladom said:

Cool, a payload for NovaPunch K1!

o.png

...?

77092f6593.png

It finally agrees with itself.

The old LK had a very poor-scaled fuel tank.

Between this and the reduction to the 0.9375m size, I hope it still packs enough DV to orbit!

74cad4fc25.jpg65834e9871.jpg

Comparison between old and new (Both normalised to 0.9375m).

3c12c36bea.jpgd37c449777.jpg

Edited by Beale

On 5/9/2016 at 9:42 AM, Beale said:

Hello!

LK

Real LK has two nozzles in each direction, I know you don't want to do the roll thrusters and I don't think we need them, but to me the square thruster blocks are just calling out to have double nozzles in the directions we do have.

Leave it to me to suggest model changes after the textures are done...:rolleyes:

Edited by Starbuckminsterfullerton

2 hours ago, Beale said:

It finally agrees with itself.

The old LK had a very poor-scaled fuel tank.

Between this and the reduction to the 0.9375m size, I hope it still packs enough DV to orbit!

74cad4fc25.jpg65834e9871.jpg

Comparison between old and new (Both normalised to 0.9375m).

3c12c36bea.jpgd37c449777.jpg

So, still a one stage lander?