[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

56 minutes ago, Jastrzab said:

I done everything like that and still nothing.

Vessel was not loaded because it had the following part missing Spica.Crew.A

:(

BTW, this is steam Kerbal v1.1.2.1260 (X64)

The removal of this craft was marked in release notes and readme, sorry you have lost your craft, but for extra safety it is important to read those.

However, what are you doing to the old files? 
Download V.33.0 and copy the "GEMINI" folder.

1 hour ago, hendrack said:

@Beale, the fuel tank is from SSTU. 

Thanks!

ATV News

Here is the ATV engine port. It has the same design and dimensions as the Fuji docking port (Size0, androgynous).
Maybe the window should be removed?

The port extends on a small inflatable tunnel, which I think looks pretty neat.

9895a39788.jpg
eb1820f0e8.jpg
620eae405c.jpg

If you ever wanted a Japanese Apollo, look no further.

f02d32694b.jpg

21 hours ago, Beale said:

The removal of this craft was marked in release notes and readme, sorry you have lost your craft, but for extra safety it is important to read those.

However, what are you doing to the old files? 
Download V.33.0 and copy the "GEMINI" folder.

I found other way: I revert Kerbal to old version and there I deleted all aircrafts. Now in current version I don't have that problem with Your mod... but still save is corrupted :( I'm still searching for solution.

Thanks for quick replies.

cheers

11 minutes ago, Jastrzab said:

I found other way: I revert Kerbal to old version and there I deleted all aircrafts. Now in current version I don't have that problem with Your mod... but still save is corrupted :( I'm still searching for solution.

Thanks for quick replies.

cheers

Can you post a screenshot of what you are doing? The save can be fixed, but you need to follow the instructions above.

10 hours ago, Beale said:

Thanks!

ATV News

Here is the ATV engine port. It has the same design and dimensions as the Fuji docking port (Size0, androgynous).
Maybe the window should be removed?

9895a39788.jpg
eb1820f0e8.jpg
620eae405c.jpg

If you ever wanted a Japanese Apollo, look no further.

f02d32694b.jpg

That's awesome. If I'm not mistaken, with this you can recreate the proposed MSS (Mini Space Station): two ATVs and a docking port for Soyuz or Progress spacecraft. A nice little orbital laboratory!

8 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

Are there any plans to make a Soyuz TMA IVA?

There is a Soyuz IVA, but is pretty basic like the rest of this mod (stockalike). For a more realistic Soyuz, check upcoming Soyuz by @DECQ

10 hours ago, Beale said:

eb1820f0e8.jpg

It looks gorgeous, but can a different port/thingy be attached to that node? I would probably prefer an open node and this nice extending docking port as a separate part. It seems it would open more possibilities, no?

2 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

Ok, I have two questions :

Why the Antares is half of the size it should be and why there is a baby version of the Cygnus?

#JustBealeScaling

Also, Beale, I got a good laugh out of the Japanese Apollo picture. I want someone to run a mission with that craft.

Edited by CobaltWolf

5 hours ago, TheBedla said:

It looks gorgeous, but can a different port/thingy be attached to that node? I would probably prefer an open node and this nice extending docking port as a separate part. It seems it would open more possibilities, no?

I think that this would be ideal if you can do it this way. Also what docking ports are compatible with the parachute port?? (The Fuji one)

4 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

Ok, I have two questions :

Why the Antares is half of the size it should be and why there is a baby version of the Cygnus?

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

#JustBealeScaling

#ScrewRealism :wink: 

Yes, it is a little strange, the baby Cygnus was created to fill the role of a 0.625 cargo craft (At the time, already there was 1.25 and 2.5). 
However, it is so small to not be very useful at all in a re-supply job.

27b3b6ac55.jpg

The 1.875m Cygnus is much more useful, the launch vehicle just needs to be re-scaled to fit.

Curtquarquesso was revamping the Cygnus further, but is understandably very busy with studies. For now everything is on hold :) 

10 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

That's awesome. If I'm not mistaken, with this you can recreate the proposed MSS (Mini Space Station): two ATVs and a docking port for Soyuz or Progress spacecraft. A nice little orbital laboratory!

Correct! :) 

9 hours ago, TheBedla said:

Unfortunately, I cannot see that working, with the need for fairings on the engine and the fact that animated docking ports cannot really have nodes in the VAB.

3 hours ago, Redhornet919 said:

I think that this would be ideal if you can do it this way. Also what docking ports are compatible with the parachute port?? (The Fuji one)

They are size0 androgynous, so compatible with almost anything of the same size from Stock and other mods.

On 6/15/2016 at 3:27 PM, Beale said:

#ScrewRealism :wink: 

Yes, it is a little strange, the baby Cygnus was created to fill the role of a 0.625 cargo craft (At the time, already there was 1.25 and 2.5). 
However, it is so small to not be very useful at all in a re-supply job.

It's perfect as a little fuel supply for boosting interplanetary probes though!

8 hours ago, RoyalVengeance said:

I went trough learning Blender, Unity and Photoshop to create something pretty much identical to this. With much less success. These are beautiful ! I'm quite jealous .... Does this mod depends on any other mod ? :wink:

Nope, it is standalone.

7 hours ago, Danny88 said:

It's perfect as a little fuel supply for boosting interplanetary probes though!

Interesting, I have never considered this use.

I don't plan to remove the baby Cygnus, as it is still very useful as a probe part.

I do plan to remove the Luna and Venera probes soon, as @akron is taking those (And will be doing a much better job).

My WIP N1 Craft File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwdKSeoNM59kX3RBcFFDdFYzVGc/view?usp=sharing. It doesn't have RCS, RCS ports, and LK lacks a ladder and comms devices, and the staging isn't perfect yet. Among among a huge setback (below)

Requires:

Procedural Fairings

Realchute

Tantares

Tantares LV

If anyone wanted to help me troubleshoot that'd be great! As soon as I get it out on the launchpad stuff starts going wrong. It's not even the usual super-huge rocket issues. When I attempt to stage anything, it doesn't carry out the task. It simply moves the little icons into one stage command. I also cannot manually carry out the tasks because when I right click on anything outside of the first fairing (Blok A, B, D, Hippo LES) nothing happens. Again, if you download this and happen to see what my issue is, I'd be sosososososososososo greateful if you would tell me. 

DON"T DOWNLOAD THAT! I fixed everything.

Edited by Joeybafoey

On 6/18/2016 at 10:46 AM, Joeybafoey said:

It's not even the usual super-huge rocket issues.

As it turns out, it is. The booster stack breaks when the physics suddenly loads, but it doesn't appear like it breaks.

On 6/18/2016 at 3:46 PM, Joeybafoey said:

My WIP N1 Craft File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwdKSeoNM59kX3RBcFFDdFYzVGc/view?usp=sharing. It doesn't have RCS, RCS ports, and LK lacks a ladder and comms devices, and the staging isn't perfect yet. Among among a huge setback (below)

Requires:

Procedural Fairings

Realchute

Tantares

Tantares LV

If anyone wanted to help me troubleshoot that'd be great! As soon as I get it out on the launchpad stuff starts going wrong. It's not even the usual super-huge rocket issues. When I attempt to stage anything, it doesn't carry out the task. It simply moves the little icons into one stage command. I also cannot manually carry out the tasks because when I right click on anything outside of the first fairing (Blok A, B, D, Hippo LES) nothing happens. Again, if you download this and happen to see what my issue is, I'd be sosososososososososo greateful if you would tell me. 

Wow! Pretty!

On 6/21/2016 at 11:56 AM, ultraviolet150 said:

@Beale is it possible to include ModuleSurfaceFX in the engine configs? I'm sad that when I hit launch and hear the amazing engine noises that there's no smoke..... :P

Whoops!

Yes I will fix that.

On 6/18/2016 at 10:46 AM, Joeybafoey said:

Requires:

Procedural Fairings

Realchute

Tantares

Tantares LV

Screenshots? 

1 hour ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Screenshots? 

All you can get from that version of the craft is launchpad pics (as it lacks the ability to do anything other than sit on the launchpad). In a few minutes I'll have some of the finished N1, with a craft file.

24 minutes ago, Joeybafoey said:

All you can get from that version of the craft is launchpad pics (as it lacks the ability to do anything other than sit on the launchpad). In a few minutes I'll have some of the finished N1, with a craft file.

Good enough for me!