[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 30/05/2014 at 10:12 PM, Beale said:

I have a suggestion, a bit off topic but what about a texture switch plugin for alternate textures? (sorry for that reply part, i have no idea how to remove it.)

Edited by Ciaran

17 hours ago, Third_OfFive said:

These are nice, but they're so.. bland. Too much grey. I suggest adding more color, especially to the engine block.

16 hours ago, minepagan said:

I'd agree, possibly some white accents on the SM and some hazard stripes/decals all around?

Grey is the way :) 

I think any large amount of colour will not look good in general purpose, remember these parts are to be used general purpose (Look at Porkjet parts for example of level of colour).

Hazard stripes are ever unpopular, but more decals are of course to be included.

2 hours ago, Ciaran said:

I have a suggestion, a bit off topic but what about a texture switch plugin for alternate textures? (sorry for that reply part, i have no idea how to remove it.)

Sure, make one and I'll include it :wink: 

3 hours ago, Ciaran said:

Something like this? If you want I'll send you my Soyuz file. It'll eat a little extra memory what with all of the extra textures, but it shouldn't be too big a deal. 

qvVVgXx.png

Beale, beautiful work on the new Soyuz parts. Absolutely gorgeous.

Edited by Doc Shaftoe

1 hour ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

Something like this? If you want I'll send you my Soyuz file. It'll eat a little extra memory what with all of the extra textures, but it shouldn't be too big a deal. 

qvVVgXx.png

Damn! Beautiful work, yourself :) 

Some very careful colour on the service module :wink: 

lVD95Bz.png
ak9n5q7.png

2 hours ago, Beale said:

Grey is the way :) 

I think any large amount of colour will not look good in general purpose, remember these parts are to be used general purpose (Look at Porkjet parts for example of level of colour).

I disagree. At least have a color scheme. All grey just looks boring. With the old parts, you had white accents, which looked good. You should do the same here.

As for Porkjet, firstly the detailing in his texturing is much more pronounced, and secondly, a blank white color looks much more visually pleasing than blank grey. Also his textures tend to have accents of black as well.

Edited by Third_OfFive

22 minutes ago, Third_OfFive said:

I disagree. At least have a color scheme. All grey just looks boring. With the old parts, you had white accents, which looked good. You should do the same here.

As for Porkjet, firstly the detailing in his texturing is much more pronounced, and secondly, a blank white color looks much more visually pleasing than blank grey. Also his textures tend to have accents of black as well.

It's down to personal taste.

The new parts are covered in white accents, what do you mean?

Edited by Beale

My taste is probably in Beales direction. I think the first designs of the new parts excellent. The discreet gray color makes the space ships and stations look much more realistic. As long as it is not possible to create really convincing textures with typical thermal blankets the chosen way is the best.

3 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

qvVVgXx.png

How did you do this? I was trying to do it myself with the Firespitter plugin but I couldn't get it to work.

4 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

qvVVgXx.png

What are those greebly parts you're using from?

This reminds me; whatever happened to the black "thermal skin" textures for the Soyuz that were made by @planeguy868? Additionally, is there an up-to-date craft parts pack?

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

The only textures I made are on the rightmost one. I modified the service module textures for the green and black soyuz textures that come bundled with Tantares. I threw different options at the part configs until I got them to work. The greeble is a combination of the fuel lines from Ven's Stock Revamp, Curtquarquesso's Q Orbital Systems, and a combination of BDB and Coatl Aerospace RCS thrusters.

This is what I used to get everything working together. I'm sure there's a better way to set it up, I just copied it from another mod's configs. I just edited the actual part cfgs instead of writing a patch. It isn't as clean, but it worked for me.

Spoiler

name = FStextureSwitch2
    textureNames = Tantares/Parts/SOYUZ/Tantares_Crew_A_psd;Tantares/Parts/SOYUZ/Tantares_Crew_B_psd;Tantares/Parts/SOYUZ/Tantares_Crew_C_psd;Tantares/Parts/SOYUZ/Tantares_Crew_D_psd
    objectNames = Tantares_Crew_A_Tantares_Crew_A_auv
    textureDisplayNames = Black Paint;Thermal Wrap;Green Paint;Unpainted
    useFuelSwitchModule = false
    repaintableEVA = false
    nextButtonText = Next Livery
    prevButtonText = Previous Livery
    moduleID = 1

I'm happy to share the files with anyone who wants them, just shoot me a pm. 

Edited by Doc Shaftoe

21 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

qvVVgXx.png

Should those solar arrays not be arranged upright instead of horizontally like that? For accomodation inside the fairing, I mean. Aside from that tiny nitpack, they're lookin' great!

On 8/31/2016 at 2:58 PM, Beale said:

Would you take offense if I stole the SSP money amounts? :) 
I think they are a lot better than my own.

Go for it :-)
I tried to tweak it so that a "standard-ish" Mun landing wound cost between 100,000 and 150,000. When playing stock, this was roughly the cost of a simple Mun landing mission and the contract system is balanced for it.

59 minutes ago, Bomoo said:

Should those solar arrays not be arranged upright instead of horizontally like that? For accomodation inside the fairing, I mean. Aside from that tiny nitpack, they're lookin' great!

The actual Soyuz solar panels wrap around the hull, the tantares ones don't, so if I were to mount them properly, the fairings would be unnecessarily wide. This model of Soyuz isn't even that expensive to launch compared to say, a shuttle stack or something. 123k funds on a full r7 stack. But even then I make enough back by recovering the spend stages that I'm only really losing a quarter of that maybe? Very cost effective crew vehicle.

And that new Soyuz paint scheme is sexy. Nice work Beale!

13 minutes ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

The actual Soyuz solar panels wrap around the hull, the tantares ones don't, so if I were to mount them properly, the fairings would be unnecessarily wide. This model of Soyuz isn't even that expensive to launch compared to say, a shuttle stack or something. 123k funds on a full r7 stack. But even then I make enough back by recovering the spend stages that I'm only really losing a quarter of that maybe? Very cost effective crew vehicle.

And that new Soyuz paint scheme is sexy. Nice work Beale!

You made one mistake. Soyuz panels are fixed, non-solar tracking. Apart from that, great work!

4 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

You made one mistake. Soyuz panels are fixed, non-solar tracking. Apart from that, great work!

I'm well aware that the actual Soyuz doesn't have solar-tracking panels. Even if I were to mount the fixed variant in the proper orientation, my point would still be valid. The fairing would be unnecessarily wide given how far the panels would stick out from the hull. Either way though, this is a fictional super Soyuz used by little green men (and women) so it doesn't really matter.

6 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

http://imgur.com/a/veF4Z

Some Tantares Fun.

Nice launch vehicle!

The clamps?

23 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

The only textures I made are on the rightmost one. I modified the service module textures for the green and black soyuz textures that come bundled with Tantares. I threw different options at the part configs until I got them to work. The greeble is a combination of the fuel lines from Ven's Stock Revamp, Curtquarquesso's Q Orbital Systems, and a combination of BDB and Coatl Aerospace RCS thrusters.

This is what I used to get everything working together. I'm sure there's a better way to set it up, I just copied it from another mod's configs. I just edited the actual part cfgs instead of writing a patch. It isn't as clean, but it worked for me.

Reveal hidden contents

name = FStextureSwitch2
    textureNames = Tantares/Parts/SOYUZ/Tantares_Crew_A_psd;Tantares/Parts/SOYUZ/Tantares_Crew_B_psd;Tantares/Parts/SOYUZ/Tantares_Crew_C_psd;Tantares/Parts/SOYUZ/Tantares_Crew_D_psd
    objectNames = Tantares_Crew_A_Tantares_Crew_A_auv
    textureDisplayNames = Black Paint;Thermal Wrap;Green Paint;Unpainted
    useFuelSwitchModule = false
    repaintableEVA = false
    nextButtonText = Next Livery
    prevButtonText = Previous Livery
    moduleID = 1

I'm happy to share the files with anyone who wants them, just shoot me a pm. 

Amazing work!

Docking!

5OYndvU.png
45BS0gI.png
qZkNAgu.png
LTk1wAC.png
CfQe436.png

mXkPogr.png
D2XTXmf.png

Edited by Beale