[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

24 minutes ago, Beale said:

Don't question the progress of my work-in-progress Progress. 

Very cool!

Progress

Development continues, but I need your help! If there exists any photos of the Progress under construction (pre thermal blankets) I will love you forever.

20z35tf.png

No idea if this is what you are searching for, it is not under construction but doesn't have thermal blankets either.

20160923_113124-900x506.jpg

2 minutes ago, hraban said:

take a look here: https://thngs.co/things/9103

It's a model but the best i ever seen. Ok, it's a  very early type, nice and detailed.

1 minute ago, onlinegamesz said:

No idea if this is what you are searching for, it is not under construction but doesn't have thermal blankets either.

20160923_113124-900x506.jpg

Great many thanks to the both of you, much appreciated.

I was familiar with the model, but only a few photos, the onlinegamesz picture is completely new to me :) 

The only other pictures I had was the 1981 Moscow show, but you can never know for sure how accurate this is, especially closer to 40 years ago now...

progress.jpg

I think I am mainly wondering how much the centre section bulges outward, when the thermal blankets are on top.

16 hours ago, Beale said:

Don't question the progress of my work-in-progress Progress. 

Very cool!

Progress

Development continues, but I need your help! If there exists any photos of the Progress under construction (pre thermal blankets) I will love you forever.

20z35tf.png

I applaud the progress of your work-in-progress Progress. May I ask if you plan to redo the batteries, or make a smooth (thermal blanket) version? Seems that way, from looking at the picture. Also, I'm experimenting with Hot Staging so I can start using Real Fuels. I think I may have to give some tanks some ablator and strengthen the decouplers. Every time I try to hot stage the decouplers blow up.

Edited by DJ Reonic

@Beale I couldn't find any pictures of the progress without the thermal blanket but I did found this:

progressms04-prelaunch.jpg

You can clearly see in this picture that there is some kind of a buldge in the middle.

Edit: do you have roadmap/specific parts you are planning to make after finishing Mir/Progress?

Edit 2: Her drawings are cool

Edited by NeoFatalis

3 hours ago, TheRedTom said:

This is the best schematic I could find of the original progress used for Salyut-6

Photography from the time is sadly lacking...

240px-Salyut_6.jpg

3 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

@Beale I couldn't find any pictures of the progress without the thermal blanket but I did found this:

progressms04-prelaunch.jpg

You can clearly see in this picture that there is some kind of a buldge in the middle.

Edit: do you have roadmap/specific parts you are planning to make after finishing Mir/Progress?

Edit 2: Her drawings are cool

Thanks both of you, useful images :) 

@NeoFatalis I've seen her drawings a lot, really nice vision of space habitation (the radio receiver is awesome!).

Tantares Release!

Version 5.0

Back on Spacedock again too!

Includes the original Progress model, some new antennas and a big bunch of balancing.

Contains:
    - Soyuz
    - Progress
    - LK Lander
    - VA
    - TKS
    - MIR Core Module
    - Kvant-1 Module
    - Sofora Truss
    - Kvant-2 Module
    - Kristall Module
    - Spektr Module

kfnQhb5.png

Just now, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Wait... so now the Old Tantares that used to be on Spacedock is gone now?

Should still work, it goes to a "previous versions" link.

Edit: yes, it looks okay!

Edited by Beale

20 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

Kerbals doing kerbal things. Like trying to make a Munar lander out of a VA. Yes, it can land. No, Jeb, it can't take off. No, it's not your "house on da Mun", it's a simulator!

9fYtYRP.png

Well! I am stunned! It can land on the Mun?!

Nice work :) But, you must bring him home!

Speaking of Mun landers.

h8EUc4z.png
UcAsq53.png
ucL40rl.png

8 hours ago, Beale said:

Well! I am stunned! It can land on the Mun?!

Nice work :) But, you must bring him home!

On the stock Mun, yes :) But without a base with a big fuel tank it's not really useful (the middle screenshot sort of gives you the idea) and with an added fuel tank the engines are too weak to stop that mass in time... Which totally needs more testing :)

Edited by TK-313

17 hours ago, TheRedTom said:

Photography from the time is sadly lacking...

240px-Salyut_6.jpg

In some sorts - yes, but not THAT lacking О_о
It's more like the exact source quality, not the original photos, wich definetily were made to actually see something)

salyut-6-soviet-space-station-science-ph

1 hour ago, Legcutter said:

In some sorts - yes, but not THAT lacking О_о
It's more like the exact source quality, not the original photos, wich definetily were made to actually see something)

salyut-6-soviet-space-station-science-ph

Are you sure that is not a plastic model? :D Something about it looks a little strange, like a 2D cutout.

1 hour ago, Chimer4 said:

Hi @Beale, just wondering if you plan on separating the blok e tankage and engine(s) from the landing structure. But that lk is looking mighty fine :)

It's not really useful, sadly - very glitchy and makes the part too single-use.

I have an example of a two-stage LK here, quite old, but it gives you an idea of some of the problems.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Are you sure that is not a plastic model? :D Something about it looks a little strange, like a 2D cutout.

Like an over-illuminated thing on a black background from a nearly 90 degrees angle, nothing more. Shadows are still visible though, so it can hardly be a 2D model

10 minutes ago, Legcutter said:

Like an over-illuminated thing on a black background from a nearly 90 degrees angle, nothing more. Shadows are still visible though, so it can hardly be a 2D model

If you think so, very nice picture, among the best for Salyut 6!

A few more for 6 and 7

soyuz-t-4_salyut.jpg
Salyut6-Soyuz31.jpg
soyuz-t-14_salyut.jpg
vohhmvavyqdy68ukfdan.jpg
990fe5282a538592a7bc4089ea03207f.jpg

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, NeoFatalis said:

It would be nice to have a two stage version as an optional download:P

9 minutes ago, minepagan said:

the download he posted seems pretty optional to me...

1 minute ago, NeoFatalis said:

I'm talking about the current LK, not the super old one

Sadly no, it's a huge amount of work to do.The parts have to be designed from the floor up in order to be made in this way (Engine integrated in fuel tank, etc) - not really possible to adapt the existing parts without it looking ugly.

6 minutes ago, Third_OfFive said:

@Beale

For your next release, could you add IVAs to a few of your station parts? Pleeease? :)

He said that he will try to do so for the spacecraft (Soyuz, TKS, etc.), but that making IVAs for large station parts is too much hassle for something most people won't use. (Paraphrasing there - also, sorry if I came across a bit rude)

EDIT:

But we both live in hope... :wink:

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

3 minutes ago, Third_OfFive said:

@Beale

For your next release, could you add IVAs to a few of your station parts? Pleeease? :)

I am pretty sure IVA's is something he is looking into, however they are very Intensive toe create, often requiring more detailed textures then you may find on external parts. They are very time consuming to produce, I'm just happy he's churning out such good / stock compatible parts at this great rate!