[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

54 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

Yes, it's called T-ARM. Mind that it has no built-in decoupler, just like the stock one. It's actually listed as Soyuz LES, but apparently fits TKS well, too.

49 minutes ago, G_Force080491 said:

So, it means the LES are same for soyuz and TKS?

48 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

Yes, at least for now.

Yeah, the LES are different. I know @Beale had a bespoke one for TKS in the last version, but I don't think he did it for this revamp. Speaking from experience, it is easy to forget/miss parts when doing these full revamps, especially near the end when you're starting to think about the next project you want to move on it.

Meanwhile, the core of the new probe has some... less extraterrestrial uses, too. For examlpe...

zSwbvxp.png

Here is Molniya, a Soviet telecom satellite.

LCtTjlF.jpg

The rocket of the same name that takes it to orbit is actually one of the large R7-Soyuz family.

FUZenhW.png

It's made totally wrong, of course - the antennae and solar panels should fold the opposite way - but oh well, whatever we have at hand. I find it curious, though, how well the Ranger panels fit this satelite...

On 12/23/2017 at 3:38 PM, Beale said:

Thanks, my plan is to have alternatives to all the stock experiments with grey boxes.

xG6gMWQ.png
ydlHypZ.png

Suggestion - regardless of the final 3d models being different/same/etc - use a colored stripe (or dot, light, or something) on each to color-code them for which experiment they contain.

Blue - Gravioli Detector
Yellow - Seismic Accelerometer 
Red - Thermometer
Green - Mystery Goo
White - Pressure Barometer

Edited by tjsnh

On 24/12/2017 at 5:21 AM, Third_OfFive said:

I think you should change the colors of the dish. The way it is makes the whole thing too monochromatic. Make it stand out. Maybe make it white and make the antenna in the middle of the dish yellow, to match the style of stock KSP?

I think we want to move away from the stock antennas though! 

On 23/12/2017 at 10:38 PM, G_Force080491 said:

Hi, Beale. Will you add real plume configs for your engines that didn't have it yet, i mean Kosmos LV parts, V-115K engine part (Soyuz 7K-LOK), maybe something else, that i miss. (?)
And another one. Do you plan to add more upper stages, maybe Briz, or something new like Volga for Soyuz LV?
Thanks for your great efforts with this great mod!

The RP configs were managed previously by somebody else, so sadly I can't continue them.

More upper stages are coming! Most recently will be the ADU upper stage.

Many thanks

On 24/12/2017 at 4:37 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah, the LES are different. I know @Beale had a bespoke one for TKS in the last version, but I don't think he did it for this revamp. Speaking from experience, it is easy to forget/miss parts when doing these full revamps, especially near the end when you're starting to think about the next project you want to move on it.

Exactly this! 

On 25/12/2017 at 12:56 AM, TK-313 said:

Meanwhile, the core of the new probe has some... less extraterrestrial uses, too. For examlpe...

zSwbvxp.png

Here is Molniya, a Soviet telecom satellite.

LCtTjlF.jpg

The rocket of the same name that takes it to orbit is actually one of the large R7-Soyuz family.

It's made totally wrong, of course - the antennae and solar panels should fold the opposite way - but oh well, whatever we have at hand. I find it curious, though, how well the Ranger panels fit this satelite...

It's a great craft! To my eye close enough to the real thing.

On 26/12/2017 at 2:38 PM, tjsnh said:

Suggestion - regardless of the final 3d models being different/same/etc - use a colored stripe (or dot, light, or something) on each to color-code them for which experiment they contain.

Blue - Gravioli Detector
Yellow - Seismic Accelerometer 
Red - Thermometer
Green - Mystery Goo
White - Pressure Barometer

Nice ideas, I will incorporate this, many thanks. Any reasoning behind the colours by the way?

On 27/12/2017 at 1:03 AM, Deltac said:

Taking the car out for a spin

DhHGFKJ.png

Pretty!

5 hours ago, Beale said:

Nice ideas, I will incorporate this, many thanks. Any reasoning behind the colours by the way?

Yes actually, they match the colors (roughly) of the default squad parts. For example, the Seismic Accelerometer is a yellow tube - and none of the others are yellow - so it seems to make sense. Similar concept for the others. The mystery goo being green is .. well .. green slime, so ... ;-)

1 hour ago, Third_OfFive said:

If you want that's fine, still though I think you should change up the color. Like I said, the whole thing looks too monochromatic.

Isn't the entire purpose of Tantares to spread the joy of gray?

Edited by gooddog15

So, @Beale, I believe this mod full of very Russian ships and rockets more than deserves a translation into, well, Russian. I'd love to do it, so I'm asking for your permission for that and for tampering with some of the parts configs in the sense of pushing the descriptions from there to the localization file. What would you say?

36 minutes ago, Blinkboy77 said:

first of all I love tantares!!!! <3 <3 <3  , now, it's possible to make the vostok and voskhod spacecraft and the orbital module of soyuz TMA?, for more realism :):wink: 

Vostok actually used to be in Tantares but got moved to a separate mod, Vostok Continued. It has some more specialized parts such as the service module and Blok E upper stage. :)

Hello! I'm having problems with the antennas in the mod, none of them have Antenna Range or ability to transmit science. Is there maybe some kind of a RemoteTech patch anywhere? I've been looking, but didn't find it anywhere.

On 30/12/2017 at 9:43 PM, TK-313 said:

So, @Beale, I believe this mod full of very Russian ships and rockets more than deserves a translation into, well, Russian. I'd love to do it, so I'm asking for your permission for that and for tampering with some of the parts configs in the sense of pushing the descriptions from there to the localization file. What would you say?

I would love for this to be done, currently I am progressing to put the descriptions into the localization format, and I think around 50% of the parts are done. (Under Tantares/Localisation).
Yes, if you would like to do this, you can see that file and it would be extremely welcome.

22 hours ago, Spaps said:

Hello! I'm having problems with the antennas in the mod, none of them have Antenna Range or ability to transmit science. Is there maybe some kind of a RemoteTech patch anywhere? I've been looking, but didn't find it anywhere.

Sorry, no RT patches (I think?) currently available. But if you write one I will include it. The antennas currently available are not very powerful, and will only work around the Mun or Minmus. The Fobos antenna (Below) will reach at Max between Kerbin and Duna when they are opposite sides of the sun - or maybe to Jool if it is near opposition with Kerbin?

On 30/12/2017 at 5:46 AM, Third_OfFive said:

If you want that's fine, still though I think you should change up the color. Like I said, the whole thing looks too monochromatic.

The PSDs are completely available and free to use / edit / distribute. It will be interesting to see this colour scheme if you can mock it up.

Happy 2018 everyone! I hope you have had time to relax.
I will be continuing development soon, but for now there's a few small things.

cDGmFTN.png Fobos 1F Solar Panels
SOLFnNJ.png Some compromises have been made on the solar panel positions, but the end result is pretty okay, and versatile!
v3fdyqV.png
nD4zWbj.png
UL7OpNm.png

Edited by Beale

@Beale Sure, I'll try. I've never done such a thing, but I can try, I'll be back with results soon.

Think I'll try giving the antennas the range of about 40Mm, so you can't reach Minmus with them but you could use a relay of satellites.

EDIT: Update! Tinkered a little bit with ranges and Electric Charge. Here's what I came up with:

Omni A-RM5 - 2.50 Mm, EC 0.15/sec,

Dish A-FG5 - 15 Mm, EC 0.38/sec,

Omni E-T3L and L-R45 - 2.5 Mm, EC 0.10/sec,

Omni E-YA1 - 5 Mm, EC 0.41/sec,

Omni E-RA1 - 10 Mm, EC 0.82/sec,

Dish L-R90 - 40 Mm, EC 0.44/sec,

Dish T-AE15 - 10 Mm, EC 0.25/sec,

Dish T-AE10 - 20Mm, EC 0.51/sec.

I was trying to set it up in such a way that it would not be gamebreaking, however, we'll need to adjust part costs as well. Just let me know if these edits would be okay!

Edited by Spaps

43 minutes ago, Spaps said:

@Beale Sure, I'll try. I've never done such a thing, but I can try, I'll be back with results soon.

Think I'll try giving the antennas the range of about 40Mm, so you can't reach Minmus with them but you could use a relay of satellites.

Cool!

I'm a little out of the loop, what does RT offer over the stock system now? just signal delay?

11 minutes ago, Beale said:

Cool!

I'm a little out of the loop, what does RT offer over the stock system now? just signal delay?

Signal delay, antenna ranges, Electric Charge cost for Science transmission, and also for the Dish antennas it adds Dish Angle, so say you have a satellite network around Kerbin and you have a spacecraft in Mun orbit with one dish antenna, you can aim the antenna directly at Kerbin and all crafts within the angle and range of the dish will be able to relay your signal to the Kerbal Space Command.

Sorry if it's a bit confusing, I'm not a good explainer :sealed:

6 minutes ago, Deltac said:

I'm pretty sure it would read 0 on Ike :D

Those brainless sheeple who spread the lies of "vacuum Ike" would have you believe that, but true intell of gent people like you and me know the truth. 

T2zKloV.png

Edited by Beale