[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 8/26/2018 at 3:52 PM, Deltac said:

Some images from a vostok mission.

PDZabW2.pngfcTc54k.pngAWl20ku.png

cN2MnLF.pngCIMsWBF.png

LS7bwxZ.pngeFkeqcr.png

#premiumcontent :)

Edit: what launchpad are you using? I'm guessing a Baikonur equivalent?

Edited by Kardea

Tantares 14.0
Release of Almaz & Salyut parts.
Thanks for assistance from a lot of folks for source material, and of course to @TK-313 for translations!

New craft files have been uploaded.

I think there are more parts needed in areas, so send me suggestions.

Any issues, please let me know.

x0egQCR.pngXiLeKzz.png
vcOp1Y8.png

V5a75JZ.png
MJRu0bW.png
W4atlt0.png

Edited by Beale

31 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

UR LK isn't it ?

IIRC, the only things needed for LK-700 that don't yet exist are the landing legs/skids, a decoupler that allows firing an engine through it (LK-700 only drops that hollow cylinder with legs, and structural fuselages are there already) and the LES that attaches on top of the antenna and covers it. Oh, and a top attachment onde for the Fobos antenna, because it fits really well.

...right?

4 hours ago, TK-313 said:

IIRC, the only things needed for LK-700 that don't yet exist are the landing legs/skids, a decoupler that allows firing an engine through it (LK-700 only drops that hollow cylinder with legs, and structural fuselages are there already) and the LES that attaches on top of the antenna and covers it. Oh, and a top attachment onde for the Fobos antenna, because it fits really well.

...right?

For the most part - yes. The folding-L-shape landing legs are the main thing thats missing, followed by the decoupler you mentioned. Though - a slightly thicker version of the hollow fuselage segment which contains a bit of fuel would always be great, the "real" design called for the return module to ditch its descent fuel tank on the lunar surface similar to the US LEM.

The chute/commsdish/LES assembly on top is ... probably going to be quite a challenge. If you can get some folding-umbrella-dish or something with a node on top of it for the LES that would be pretty epic to mount on top of your existing LK 'chute

Edited by tjsnh

18 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Though - a slightly thicker version of the hollow fuselage segment which contains a bit of fuel would always be great, the "real" design called for the return module to ditch its descent fuel tank on the lunar surface similar to the US LEM.

landing-gear.jpg

You mean this part (Block 111 soft landing stage)? Hm. If my sources are correct, there was no fuel tank there. The stage mounted under this one (Block 11 Midcourse maneuver/lunar braking stage) was used to descend from orbit, then jetissoned - and the lander would soft-land and take off with its own engine, much like the LK from the N1-L3 program. No Apollo-style landing stage is mentioned.