[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

15 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

Ye, Beale, yeeeee...

DWcytjp.png

(can anyone say a sh"t-ton of polygons???)

Feeling a lil' nostalgic, that's all...

Aaaaaah good old days :P Still holds up!

Had a little difficulty with the trusses, so revert back to a tried and true (if a little simple) formula.
Anyway, let's get this Soyuz finished because I am getting bored :D

l7Vm3eS.png
Bs8l4wv.png
NPPuhsM.png The truss decouplers will combine with a "staging plate", a heat resistant (but not ablative) shield for the stage below.

These all above will allow you to hot-stage with relative ease.

2 hours ago, tjsnh said:

If you mean this part, LET it be abused as a heatshield. It's almost the right form factor anyway. :-)

How could I say no :D

1.25m Engine.

j7nmmqp.pngvZyJuZR.png

Important question, Soyuz is nearing completion - though I have some 1.5m parts finished, it will take a little while longer.
Do you prefer to wait for those, or have a working release soon? (I was notified the last TantaresLV release was 2018 and there are a lot of balance tweaks etc held up).

55 minutes ago, Beale said:

Important question, Soyuz is nearing completion - though I have some 1.5m parts finished, it will take a little while longer.
Do you prefer to wait for those, or have a working release soon? (I was notified the last TantaresLV release was 2018 and there are a lot of balance tweaks etc held up).

I'd personally rather wait until Soyuz is 100% complete, and like you said, I'm sure it won't take much longer.

5 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

I'd personally rather wait until Soyuz is 100% complete, and like you said, I'm sure it won't take much longer.

The finishing touches (fins & greebles) are not long left, but the 1.5m parts may take quite a while :)

I would prefer to wait for 1.5 meter part to be finished. I tested in my 2.5x scale gameplay and found 1.875-meter upper stage to be too heavy, causing low TWR for my liking after booster separation, while 1.25 meter looks too small.

I think the 1.5 meters will be just right for me. I can wait.

2 hours ago, Pulsar said:

I would prefer to wait for 1.5 meter part to be finished. I tested in my 2.5x scale gameplay and found 1.875-meter upper stage to be too heavy, causing low TWR for my liking after booster separation, while 1.25 meter looks too small.

I think the 1.5 meters will be just right for me. I can wait.

That's good input re: 2.5x thanks!

QDAxGjS.png
dbgSm8n.jpg

13 minutes ago, space_powder said:

Are the smaller ones actually used somewhere IRL or are they there just for fun?

A good observation :D

They are mostly for fun, but are a good fit for the Kosmos fins. They live outside of the Soyuz folder for this reason:

musOjxR.png

Edited by Beale

So, we have all the 1.5m parts:

GitHub

q9WbNuA.png
R0GUJIH.png
KmlLuSY.png
qqQ2Q68.png

You might notice, though the models are now in the TantaresLV directory (Those with "s1p2" in the name), they actually don't appear as parts or variants yet.
You can manually swap models of course, just as the old days, but ideally I am looking to create an MM patch that does:

• Add an optional MM patch that adds the 1.5m models as variants to the 1.25m parts.
  • Keep the 1.25m and 1.5m models as separate MU files.

This might not be easily possible actually... As the mesh switching out of the box does not allow things like fairing modules to change the diameter? Maybe B9 does?
Regardless, you can appreciate this a tricky one, so I would provide old-school style soyuz part variants for those who really need them in the meantime.

Hopefully almost ready to move to release now. :)
Only left is cost and research tree.

Now I will channel my inner @Drakenex

FI6s3N9.png
P1trKjm.png
9PvSQRm.png

Edited by Beale

10 minutes ago, Well said:

That a nice collection you have here!     This green is so good! please !!!

old R7 .craft are going to be broken or replaced with the same name ?

Hopefully will work to get an alt colour like that in soon, just a quick 2 minute experiment :D

Old craft will still load, but use different parts - I have crunched the textures so they will look different. But, at least this allows you to load and fix craft using the old Soyuz parts :)

TantaresLV release 11.0

Update Notes

- New Kosmos 3M
    - New Soyuz
    - New decouplers.
    - New truss decouplers.
    - New hot staging plates.
    - New fuel vent.
    - New sounds and FX.
    - balancing and cost changes.

Compatibility Notes

Previous Soyuz rocket craft files should still load without issue - these parts however are now deprecated, their textures have been crunched, and they will be removed one day.

Pretty big release, it has been almost 8  months now! Alongside the new Soyuz there have been large balancing changes, so good to let people go wild with it.
New crafts uploaded to the link below.
Thanks for help people have offered, any any bugs, let me know!

Well, it's just nice to have a Soyuz you can actually use...

9aW9OfY.png1pVcgOL.png
vcOp1Y8.png

cp1tTCt.png

On 6/1/2019 at 10:05 AM, Beale said:

How could I say no :D

1.25m Engine.

j7nmmqp.pngvZyJuZR.png

Happy to wait.

7 hours ago, ely8937 said:

@Beale Hi, Crafting files do not work, I use 1.7 KSP 

CqJqdZi.png

Writes that the apparatus is incompatible with this version of the KSP

You can fix this yourself. Go into the craftfiles (config) and you will find something like this:

ship = xxxxxxxx
version = 1.6.1 --> change this to 1.7.0
description =
type = VAB
size = 2.94278002,19.7477875,2.52174115
steamPublishedFileId = 0
persistentId = 1587986166
rot = 0,0,0,0
missionFlag = Squad/Flags/default
vesselType = Debris

10 hours ago, ely8937 said:

@Beale Hi, Crafting files do not work, I use 1.7 KSP

Writes that the apparatus is incompatible with this version of the KSP

Sorry yep, they are 1.7.1, but as Cheesecake says, you should be able to manually fix these for older versions.

20 hours ago, yuri_3a3rin said:

love the new colors but I was wondering if you are gonna redo all of the craft files?  as in all of the station parts, and will you be updating Proton aswell 

Many thanks, and yep, they are on the way