[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 9/2/2019 at 4:41 AM, Thadeasaurous1 said:

maybe I'm just stupid, but i can't get real plume to work with this. I'm not 100% sure i'm installing it correctly though. (i just put the realplume folder from the Tantares/TantaresLV into the gamedata folder so it then goes into the realplume folder) 

Sorry I am not too helpful here as the patches were made by somebody else (who I should look up and credit properly!)

But, I believe if you have realplume installed, you should just leave these folders in place and they will just automatically apply themselves (If you have module manager installed).

On 9/7/2019 at 9:38 AM, SomeDudePlayingKsp said:

This seems great, have you Considered adding Soviet Concept Spacecrafts that were later scrapped?

Tended to stick to stuff that made it at least to the full-scale mockup stage onwards (TKS, LK-1, Polyus, etc  are good examples of this).

KSP2 looks to have more of an interplanetary kink, which could be a great opportunity for some of the Soviet Moon, Mars and beyond concepts.

sovmars.jpg

And of course in there the TMK, that I always wanted to make so much, but slipped away a few times.

mavrdrwg.jpg

1 hour ago, Thadeasaurous1 said:

weird, I have realplume installed but i don't get the plumes. I'll try to make them myself, then.

Are you getting realplumes on other mods? You have smokescreen installed as well right? As Beale mentioned above, you don't need to move or change anything in a Tantares folder. You just need to install RealPlume and Smokescreen into your /GameData

Tantares works fine with RealPlume as you can see

4gfG5w0l.png

Note that not every rocket in Tantares has configs. A couple of the early game rockets Beale made relatively recently don't have configs. The Tantares and TantaresLV RealPlume configs will be removed in the next update and will be supported via RealPlume-stock configs going forward. The missing engines will be covered at that point.

8 minutes ago, Thadeasaurous1 said:

Yes, and yes.

Can you post a screenshot of your game data folder as well as a link to your ModuleManager logs?

Its in KerbalSpaceProgram/Logs/ModuleManager

There will be a MMPatch.log and ModuleManager.log files

Also how many Tantares engines did you try and have the trouble with? Can you let me know which ones?

Edited by Zorg

@Thadeasaurous1 I just checked your earlier post and I strongly suspect you have installed something wrong you dont need to move any files around. I suggest you delete TantaresLV, RealPlume, RealPlume-Stock and SmokeScreen and reinstall those fresh.

Download RealPlume-Stock from https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume-StockConfigs/releases/tag/v1.4.0

Inside the zip file will be these

EUKdtktl.png

Copy them into your GamData directory so it looks like this. Obviously you should also have a TantaresLV folder

fr0qTeNl.png

Do not move any files inside any of these folders or from inside TantaresLV into anything else. 

On 9/9/2019 at 1:36 AM, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Beale On the subject of concept crafts, have you ever considered making Angara or PPTS/Federation? I understand you're taking a break, so I'm not expecting anything, just curious as to what your thoughts on these and other similar projects are in relation to Tantares.

Just to clear up, I don't plan to develop this mod any further at all (In this game at least). :)

15 minutes ago, Beale said:

Just to clear up, I don't plan to develop this mod any further at all (In this game at least). :)

Just want to thank you for everything you have done and have created for ksp! I've been enjoying your mod and the progression of it for a long time. So really thank you. I hope you'll bring your creativity to other places too.

On 9/10/2019 at 7:03 PM, lrd.Helmet said:

Just want to thank you for everything you have done and have created for ksp! I've been enjoying your mod and the progression of it for a long time. So really thank you. I hope you'll bring your creativity to other places too.

It's very kind, thanks. I am just happy folks have enjoyed this as much as I have enjoyed making it.

21 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

n-not even v-voskhod?? ;.;

In the next dimension? Who knows :)

A few adventures in PBR.

GTHRSe6.png
0HRfV7n.png
xuPX3pV.png

21 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Beale Thought you might like to know the unfinished Cygnus parts are in the latest release, I'm not sure they're supposed to be.

Also, what's the status on Rockot?

Thanks, i will remove.

Re: Rockot, no development here is finished. Rockot will not be made.

4 hours ago, Beale said:

Rockot, no development here is finished. Rockot will not be made.

If you don't mind me asking, what made you abandon your plans so suddenly? Given both your and benjee10's announcements came shortly after the trailer for KSP2, I assume this has a lot to do with it, or is this just a coincidence? Either way, it's a huge shame; I've had this thread open in a tab for over a year, always eager to hear news on development.

8 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

If you don't mind me asking, what made you abandon your plans so suddenly? Given both your and benjee10's announcements came shortly after the trailer for KSP2, I assume this has a lot to do with it, or is this just a coincidence? Either way, it's a huge shame; I've had this thread open in a tab for over a year, always eager to hear news on development.

KSP2 have made a weird effect on many modder, i've got a strange feelings after the annoucement. Can't talk for Beale, but i could perfectly understand (that make me really sad i love Tantares) But anyway, if this is what he want no problem, i mean seriously... he have put so many years of work in this mod!

14 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

5 hours ago, Well said:

KSP2 have made a weird effect on many modder, i've got a strange feelings after the annoucement. Can't talk for Beale, but i could perfectly understand (that make me really sad i love Tantares) But anyway, if this is what he want no problem, i mean seriously... he have put so many years of work in this mod!

Sure thing, I guess I should elaborate why deciding to wrap up here.

• KSP2 is on the way as mentioned.
  • Tantares is in a really good place now, just about everything* is updated to the new standard of art, and balanced to some degree. More to that coverage of the entire Soviet space program is great, you can build a lot of stuff right now - I can think of one major omission but a lot of the other missing things are fairly niche.
  • I need time to practice PBR materials. Soyuz capsule above is an example.
  • I need to practice new art styles, or more, making new materials. Soyuz capsule above is an example.
  • Tantares is hella old. I started tinkering with a Soyuz capsule in 2013, after 6 years of basically non stop development it has to come to a close.

*(Barring the N1, but that is huge that it still looks "okay" even with the old art).

Saying that, I fully expect to do some things in KSP2,  maybe not to this scale, but a little Soyuz would be nice.
As for stuff here, I might get bored and make a Rokot or something, who knows - I just wouldn't expect the regular old pattern of updates (And the H-II is cancelled sorry, the assets are free to whoever wants them).

On 9/15/2019 at 2:15 PM, Beale said:

Sure thing, I guess I should elaborate why deciding to wrap up here.

• KSP2 is on the way as mentioned.
  • Tantares is in a really good place now, just about everything* is updated to the new standard of art, and balanced to some degree. More to that coverage of the entire Soviet space program is great, you can build a lot of stuff right now - I can think of one major omission but a lot of the other missing things are fairly niche.
  • I need time to practice PBR materials. Soyuz capsule above is an example.
  • I need to practice new art styles, or more, making new materials. Soyuz capsule above is an example.
  • Tantares is hella old. I started tinkering with a Soyuz capsule in 2013, after 6 years of basically non stop development it has to come to a close.

*(Barring the N1, but that is huge that it still looks "okay" even with the old art).

I understand (mostly). I bet the announcement of KSP2 must've sucked a lot more for you than it did for me, and of course Tantares is one of the oldest consistently maintained mods in the history of KSP, I can understand wanting to move on after so many years. The one thing I don't fully understand is why you decided to end so abruptly (only a couple of months ago you were hyping us all up with potential rockets), and still with so much more potential for the mod (Rockot, UR700, Tsyklon, more Mir-2 stuff, Priroda experiments, FGB RCS, Voskhod, just to name a few). It really is a huge shame, I'm getting teary-eyed just thinking about what could've been.

As for stuff here, I might get bored and make a Rokot or something, who knows - I just wouldn't expect the regular old pattern of updates.

I will be praying for that day, and I'm not even religious!

And the H-II is cancelled sorry, the assets are free to whoever wants them.

D'awww, it was going so well! Might I request the assets, please?

Edited by golkaidakhaana