[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

3 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

For whatever reason old vessels with the Castor 1P core don't properly load, even though the part is kept in as a legacy part. Is there any way to fix this?

Sorry this part was meant to be "soft deprecated", meaning old craft files would still work, but it seems something went wrong. :(

Which craft file is guilty? I will delete it from the Dropbox.

8 hours ago, oniontrain said:

Has anybody made a USI -LS patch to add supplies capability to the station parts and service modules? My cursory search of the thread didn't turn any up

There was a patch until very recently, in the past few versions - but it is somewhat out of date.

8 hours ago, Beale said:

Sorry this part was meant to be "soft deprecated", meaning old craft files would still work, but it seems something went wrong. :(

There was a patch until very recently, in the past few versions - but it is somewhat out of date.

Err, sorry, not the craft files. Craft in the save act like the part doesn't exist. Specifically they say that they're missing "Castor.Control.1.P". If there's a new equivalent I can probably just edit it in.

1 hour ago, RocketSquid said:

Err, sorry, not the craft files. Craft in the save act like the part doesn't exist. Specifically they say that they're missing "Castor.Control.1.P". If there's a new equivalent I can probably just edit it in.

Castor_Control_1_N, _O and _P have been deprecated and changed to Castor_Control_s0_1, _s0p5_1 and s1_1 respectively.  It looks like they're meant to be soft deprecated only (techhidden=true) but looks like they're not loading because reasons.

You can quick fix by opening your savegame file in a text editor (make a backup first, just in case), find castor.control.1.P and replace with castor.control.s1.1 then reload the save and you should be good to go.  You may want to do this to any craft files you have too.

1 hour ago, RocketSquid said:

Ah! @Friznit suggestion is pretty good to fix that. I will investigate why these parts are just not loading for some reason.

14 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

The problem seems to be capitalization. The ones in the files were capitalized, and if I substituted it for the new one but didn't change the capitalization it didn't work. If I change it to lowercase, it works fine.

Thanks, will fix.

yM7yM6t.jpg
qp0HflS.jpg
o1WbGCA.jpg

Edited by Beale

On 12/3/2019 at 2:46 AM, Beale said:

Is the old patch available anywhere?

Im having game crash issues when buildning with the provided parts from this mod. Ive checked and double-checked the versions, and everything should be fine. It has worked for about two months since my last edit to Gamedata... 

For your info, im using KSP 1.6.1 with tantares 16.0

I sure hope its memory issues, but in case not, heres my output_log.

52 minutes ago, Fredde104 said:

Im having game crash issues when buildning with the provided parts from this mod. Ive checked and double-checked the versions, and everything should be fine. It has worked for about two months since my last edit to Gamedata... 

Invalid address error, I think it is a usual memory issue sorry.

53 minutes ago, Fredde104 said:

Based on the log you linked, I don't think its Tantares.

The error is being called by a windows file, not even a KSP file. Unity is crashing once it tries to access a windows system file, the most likely causes of that are memory issues (low ram? low video card ram?) or corrupted files, but if it was corrupted files you'd probably be having other problems.

Try removing every parts mod EXCEPT Tantares, and see what happens.

If it loads - then you're simply running out of memory.

1 minute ago, tjsnh said:

Based on the log you linked, I don't think its Tantares.

The error is being called by a windows file, not even a KSP file. Unity is crashing once it tries to access a windows system file, the most likely causes of that are memory issues (low ram? low video card ram?) or corrupted files, but if it was corrupted files you'd probably be having other problems.

Try removing every parts mod EXCEPT Tantares, and see what happens.

If it loads - then you're simply running out of memory.

Ram is not the problem, trust me. Tho im running a 8-year old system with a GTX670 card.. probably the reason. No corrupt files, checked all my drives less than 2 weeks ago. The game starts up as usual,no problems. I enter the VAB, after 5-10 mins the  game just crashes. No lag or error messages, just crash.

I think i remember having similar issues  with 1.2.2, the game allways chrashed if entering the VAB before doing anything else. Weird, but it helped

3 hours ago, Fredde104 said:

Ram is not the problem, trust me. Tho im running a 8-year old system with a GTX670 card.. probably the reason. No corrupt files, checked all my drives less than 2 weeks ago. The game starts up as usual,no problems. I enter the VAB, after 5-10 mins the  game just crashes. No lag or error messages, just crash.

I think i remember having similar issues  with 1.2.2, the game allways chrashed if entering the VAB before doing anything else. Weird, but it helped

Very mysterious, but unfortunately I think this mod is not the problem, it really is as vanilla as vanilla can be.

Github

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares

Some basic RCS ports.

09Rcl3R.jpg

screenshot861.png?width=1092&height=615

15 hours ago, Beale said:

Very mysterious, but unfortunately I think this mod is not the problem, it really is as vanilla as vanilla can be.

Just confirmed,  message says its a unity crash bc something with a windows file. I would guess that type of damage is self inflicted since i swapped hard drives, so ill just let it be

1 hour ago, Fredde104 said:

Just confirmed,  message says its a unity crash bc something with a windows file. I would guess that type of damage is self inflicted since i swapped hard drives, so ill just let it be

Thanks for confirming.