[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

22 hours ago, bokrif said:

I downloaded the latest from the github, but it seems some of the parts have misplaced textures and names. I know it is not a stable release, just giving a hint.

For sure, FYI for everyone you can track progress here:

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares/projects/6

To some special business, I have a special prize for anyone who can find me a source on how the soyuz 7K-OK rolls.

early-7k-ok-soyuz-at-national-space-centre-leicester-england-AN91W4.jpg
2NE5g0s.jpg~
fhZg4Uq.jpg

Edited by Beale

14 hours ago, Beale said:

To some special business, I have a special prize for anyone who can find me a source on how the soyuz 7K-OK rolls.

early-7k-ok-soyuz-at-national-space-centre-leicester-england-AN91W4.jpg

I have a book at home which probably has this information - will reply this evening.

I'd be thrilled with a periscope simply for looks, without an IVA functionality

Also, it might be way off topic, but does anyone know how non-Russian spacecraft rendezvous and dock? The Igla and Kurs systems are fairly well-documented (still lots of mystery), but I have no idea how the Apollo LEM navigated to the CSM and docked (was it automatic, or all handflown, or mission control does all the calcs?), or the Shuttle or Dragon or Cygnus. The most I've found is that the ATV also used Kurs but just as a backup (to what?).

11 minutes ago, t6jesse said:

I'd be thrilled with a periscope simply for looks, without an IVA functionality

Also, it might be way off topic, but does anyone know how non-Russian spacecraft rendezvous and dock? The Igla and Kurs systems are fairly well-documented (still lots of mystery), but I have no idea how the Apollo LEM navigated to the CSM and docked (was it automatic, or all handflown, or mission control does all the calcs?), or the Shuttle or Dragon or Cygnus. The most I've found is that the ATV also used Kurs but just as a backup (to what?).

As far as I’m aware, Apollo used the Apollo guidance computer (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer) for essentially everything all of the piloting apart from final landing and docking which were done manually. 

But flying from the CM to the lunar surface and from the surface to the CM was largely automated. 

32 minutes ago, t6jesse said:

I have no idea how the Apollo LEM navigated to the CSM and docked (was it automatic, or all handflown, or mission control does all the calcs?)

The actual docking was manual - see https://history.nasa.gov/alsj/CSM11_Docking_Subsystem_pp87-92.pdf and the section on the Crewman Optical Alignment Sight

11 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

So, now that we've seen these, what's to prevent you from doing a periscope or docking camera? 
Seems this iteration of this Soyuz is going all the way...

Read the to-do list :D
If you have further suggestions let me know. It really will go all the way

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares/projects/6

Beautiful baele, waiting for kopernicus but I can’t wait to try these out. I asked cobalt but it applies tot you to. With you constantly making parts when do you decide to release an official update? Is like a “let me finish this rocket” kind of deal or is it “I couple of weeks have passed” kind of thing?

24 minutes ago, Big Katz said:

Beautiful baele, waiting for kopernicus but I can’t wait to try these out. I asked cobalt but it applies tot you to. With you constantly making parts when do you decide to release an official update? Is like a “let me finish this rocket” kind of deal or is it “I couple of weeks have passed” kind of thing?

official releases come on a completion of certain milestones vs. any fixed time. The next release will be on completion of Soyuz, and include the Soyuz and Pirs revamp.
If you want to keep up via Github, you get everything instantly.

Edited by Beale

On 3/27/2019 at 7:54 AM, Beale said:

현재 크래프트 파일을 작업하십시오.bX6cXLh.png

VAB 검색 창에서 "MIR"및 "FGB"를 클릭하십시오.

스크린 샷을 작성하십시오. : 눈짓 :

크래프트 파일 작업이 끝났습니까?

In a collection of craft files iss no russia modules :(

Edited by maru0729
typo