[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

7 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

Now, before I screw it up too badly, I think I need to create a renamed copy of _LLV_V_Engine_1.cfg with the few changes to the engine stats and add an entry in the localization cfg, reference all the existing models, scale back the thrust (half the Block B), copy the Atmosphere Curve of the Block B, and I should be good to go.

Right?

Completely correct, I'd be quite excited to see that. Don't forget to change the name within the config also.
You might also remove ModuleJettison from the copy so the engine keeps its skirt.

Give me a shout if you need anything.

Edited by Beale

For converting the Blok V to the N3 I ended up dropping an additional 15% of thrust because the stats given by Astronautix suggested that. Even so, like all the N1 parts, it was still pretty over powered. The atmosphere-optomized Blok V engine lifting a Soyuz still had over a 3 TWR off of the pad. Since this is pretty much like all the other parts, I'll call it comparable.

49968086991_b60659aecd_w_d.jpg

Add a Blok G stage and I can take a Soyuz LOK to the Mun.
49968086931_aee8915498_w_d.jpg

The thing is. . . . I have no rocket engine sound. I looked at the Blok A and B CFG files and the settings appear to be the same but, for some reason, the engine is silent.

Edited by CaptKordite

13 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

For converting the Blok V to the N3 I ended up dropping an additional 15% of thrust because the stats given by Astronautix suggested that. Even so, like all the N1 parts, it was still pretty over powered. The atmosphere-optomized Blok V engine lifting a Soyuz still had over a 3 TWR off of the pad. Since this is pretty much like all the other parts, I'll call it comparable.

49968086991_b60659aecd_w_d.jpg

Add a Blok G stage and I can take a Soyuz LOK to the Mun.
49968086931_aee8915498_w_d.jpg

The thing is. . . . I have no rocket engine sound. I looked at the Blok A and B CFG files and the settings appear to be the same but, for some reason, the engine is silent.

Looks great! I would see if you can also get it working while keeping the skirt, to get that real NIII look.

I will investigate sound - the entire N1 parts collection is ancient, and a mess, frankly. Well overdue a rework.

On 6/5/2020 at 3:10 PM, Zarbon44 said:

Polyus, definitely not a space laser, only experiments.

6TtMl8O.png

Ah, thank you for launching the civilian station Mir-2 comrade, a fine replacement for Mir-1.

0Wh1qxU.jpg
03ikPks.jpg
E3LY0zl.jpg
8gkvLW2.jpg

Edited by Beale

COMRADES NEED MORE LABS! :mad:

So, we got an ugly Squad lab and nice Tantares "Kvant" and giant "Polus" labs. Is it possible to turn a big tail part of "Salut" station into a space laboratory? Please. It was in real. Or may be some another parts? Thank you. :)

2 hours ago, moguy16 said:

does someone have that some patches to make this mod tweakscale compatible? 

also be able to change the contents of the fuel tanks like BDB

I think you should make them and I will integrate them in the mod officially yes, I will appreciate your work on this.

B0Nk9tM.jpg
6ZJF2je.jpg

deployment gif:

https://i.imgur.com/BmyE5aR.gifv

12 hours ago, StriZ said:

COMRADES NEED MORE LABS! :mad:

So, we got an ugly Squad lab and nice Tantares "Kvant" and giant "Polus" labs. Is it possible to turn a big tail part of "Salut" station into a space laboratory? Please. It was in real. Or may be some another parts? Thank you. :)

I missed this post - for sure, I am aiming to expand the science potential of these.

24 minutes ago, curtquarquesso said:

Very old. Probably better off starting from scratch.

yep

btw does anyone know what the free square is? should i change it or what? 

%MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free_square
    }

(this is from the tweakscale companion to neaer future tech)

21 minutes ago, Delta dart said:

Can anyone show me a picture of what the fairing on the tks looks like because I cant figure out how the fairing is suposed to look

you should do something like this:

TKS-fair.JPG

Both trapezoid sections have their own fairings, so can extend above and below. The capsule remains exposed.

Make sense? Maybe someone, or I, can give an in-game screenshot.

Final pass.
Next is Kvant-1

uhvknz9.jpg
Jk4bsti.jpg
Nbe5ODu.jpg

Edited by Beale