[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

@Beale

...in 1.7.1, did you by any chance rename/depreciate/remove the capsule parts? cause I cannot find ANY of them in tantares right now.... I've checked stock alike soyuz and mir 17.2 and launch vehicles 11.0

never mind..windows unzipped PART of the archive and then stuck its head in the ground.

Edited by RaiderMan

5 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

Mine has put on a little weight.
50009738127_ec0d2fab4f_w_d.jpg

Really nice use of the extra LK parts!

1 hour ago, Zarbon44 said:

Now onto the big boi.

paVkZhP.png

zVZ6Nxl.jpg

New Salyut / Mir thrusters.

screenshot390.png?width=1084&height=610
fO4Ly9G.jpg

New Blankets on Salyut, I like these a lot:

screenshot394.png?width=1084&height=610
R9lax5X.jpg

Bunch of stuff rendered in dark-grey paint - this was my main contender to cream as the "plain standard" colour.

F3uTdL2.jpg
JDfF5rn.jpg
ZEM7Q4c.jpg

7 hours ago, hendrack said:

Is it a problem to include both texture variants as part configs, or leave that to TNIC? Kinda like the dark grey more, personally.

It's a tricky one - usually I want to lean as few variants as possible, as textures are pretty heavy.

Tantares currently weighs in at 194 MB unzipped, and of course we don't want this size to balloon out of control. :)

Despite being a much smaller mod, Tantares LV is 162MB, otherwise known as the Energia effect :D

@Beale I totally support the default color becoming tan. After all, the mod is called Tantares. I would, however submit the idea for a darker color variant to be used for spacecraft such as the Soyuz, Progress, etc. Maybe keep the dark grey/black and the green, or maybe have a totally new color like brown. It would go with the tan, but still have a contrast and give a similar appearance to how a Mir or ISS looks with a Soyuz or Progress docked.

4 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

@Beale I totally support the default color becoming tan. After all, the mod is called Tantares. I would, however submit the idea for a darker color variant to be used for spacecraft such as the Soyuz, Progress, etc. Maybe keep the dark grey/black and the green, or maybe have a totally new color like brown. It would go with the tan, but still have a contrast and give a similar appearance to how a Mir or ISS looks with a Soyuz or Progress docked.

could work - the Tan tends to look a little muddy though unless used sparingly - I will try it out.

06kTHWJ.jpg
mntqYPm.jpg

Blanket things? inspired by @Well 's special project.

U5VyPgP.png?width=914&height=610
EXEhbS8.png?width=876&height=610

41 minutes ago, Jim123 said:

Okay i'll give that a shot.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree buddy, sorry - this mod is really as vanilla as you can get so I don't think any re-install will help.

I think you have a lot of plugin mods, some of these must be behind the problem surely?

2F8ykIe.jpg

13 minutes ago, Friznit said:

kZq44hF.png

Great build!