[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

8 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Do you have to complain every other day about every single minute issue in this mod? It's not perfect, and the dev(s) don't spend all of their time on developing mods.

I don't see messages some user's post unless they get quoted by others, so it's no worry for me.

I'd just like to ask people to stop bickering - what I love to see is cool stuff people have built, feedback on features / balancing / and etc. :)
Huge appreciation to everyone posting great screenshots recently.

If you want to open a github issue or pull requests that's really appreciated, and I get through them eventually -  but please don't put abusive messages into them, or try to be funny (e.g. opening issues repeatedly / spam / memes)  - this is a hobby for me, and I have really little patience to deal with that when just trying to get things fixed.

12 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Getting back into the swing of things. Valentina is very happy running her own orbital pirate radio station.
uX9MAak.jpg

Awesome! As old as the Vostok is I am constantly impressed how people greeble it up and make it look great! :)

GitHub

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresLV

Minor issues yesterday due to directory casing changes - reupload to fix that now.

PjwE5rd.jpg

Regarding the poll - I'll leave it a little while longer while I make these cleaning ups to upper stages, but the winner seems pretty clear :)

27 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Hey @Beale
Found a little issue at the Hamal_Avionics_1. The default variant is Tantares_grey. There are also tantares_black and tantares_green but there is no difference between grey and black.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

11 minutes ago, hendrack said:

Oh, you like screenshots, there you go. No matter what I do in KSP, Tantares parts are almost always part of it.

Really looking forward to use your part overhauls. <3

IdY7oLC.png

RiP818C.png

yDKNjoS.png

1uymGLN.png

aJ9a6Cf.png

That's a sick looking ISS!

54 minutes ago, hendrack said:

Oh, you like screenshots, there you go. No matter what I do in KSP, Tantares parts are almost always part of it.

IdY7oLC.png

yDKNjoS.png

Where's you get the Buran?

8 hours ago, Jim123 said:

I Would love to see a Buran or Klipper we already have the rockets made we just need the shuttle and decouplers and adapters 

You already can build a Buran with

Also Contares RUS has a Kliper.

2 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

I have two questions about the Fregat:

First, what version (with control core/without) is used on Zenit-3F?

And second, which engine is used on it (if there is one right now)?

Any IRL fregat, you should use the control core version, the fuel tank only is for expanding the Fregat / kitbashing something else :)

For engines, I plan a bespoke S5.92 eventually, but right now any small .625m engine will do, I use the Restock 48-7S

10 hours ago, Bellabong said:

Screenshots? Screenshots.

Reveal hidden contents

ljkdvhr.png

at0hycq.png

EvGoaTd.png

Very nice! you don't see this often, which is a shame because it's a lot of fun.

On 6/30/2020 at 6:46 PM, hendrack said:

aJ9a6Cf.png

Amazing!!! Great in all aspects.

VA revamp early WIP

egRbmon.jpg

I made a rover even uglier than the last one.
50066874126_e0eae7da24_w_d.jpg50066874061_462424ccf2_w_d.jpg

The Habitation Module I'm using for an airlock doesn't allow you to enter with any science so I went in and modded the CFG file to allow that. Did the same for the other Orbital Modules because it's no fun exiting a Soyuz to gather up science and then not being able to bring it back to the cosmodrome.

16 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

I made a rover even uglier than the last one.
50066874126_e0eae7da24_w_d.jpg50066874061_462424ccf2_w_d.jpg

The Habitation Module I'm using for an airlock doesn't allow you to enter with any science so I went in and modded the CFG file to allow that. Did the same for the other Orbital Modules because it's no fun exiting a Soyuz to gather up science and then not being able to bring it back to the cosmodrome.

That's awesome! How does the deployment work?

KSP Version 1.10 Working

Just a friendly warning, do not try to load Tantares in 1.10, you will have a bad time.
Sincerely, the cannon fodder.

53 minutes ago, Beale said:

How does the deployment work?

After landing, the Breaking Ground hinge lowers the ramp and rover. Disconnect the docking port and it rolls off. I have seen an illustration for the DLB moonbase that use a rover as a counterweight for lowering the ramp for the base modules but, using the Chelomei landing skis allows the ramp to lower without that.

Eventually, I'll have an expanded version of Barmingrad. Trying to find illustrations of the solar farm. They may not have even gotten that far in development (though there was a full scale version of the habitation module that was thoroughly tested).

And, so far, the only problem I've had with 1.10 is with Trajectories.